Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
If you do stop developing it for android users it would be a shame as android users don't get as much attention as other devices like PC but it is understandable,I hope u break it down in parts as I love playing this game.
I wouldn't say they get less love, they're just a pain to do.

Wasabi777

Game Developer
Aug 18, 2018
The issue is that Android is limited to a maximum of 2GB of filesize. It will not launch above that. Renpy is weird.
Really? that was unexpected. so basically those android ports are from unity or unreal.
Well good luck rooting for you.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Really? that was unexpected. so basically those android ports are from unity or unreal.
Well good luck rooting for you.
Most likely because of the used file system, which would therefore be FAT32 and usually this doesn't support files larger than 2 GiB / 4 GiB.
Where on PC this era is over and all "modern" system support large files.

Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
I'd like to get in 3 floors, but I can't work on more main characters at the moment.

HH is also getting very big, the Android file size is the main limiter.

Both of these things combined likely means either there wont be a third floor, or there will be a HH part 2 that includes the next characters, but not the story content of the first part to reduce file size.
"Harem Hotel, Part 2, The Third Story, Version 0.1 Alpha, The Next Generation, Returning The Jedi Avenging the Guardians of the Galaxy from the Civil War started by Godzilla and the Transformers"? Seems like another Epic to me! :giggle:

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Couldn't you just go the Ecchi Sensei route and make the part 2 accept the savefiles of part 1, in order to reduce file size and maybe do some refactoring of the internals or similar (which I'm pretty sure you would like to do)?
Ecchi Sensei can do that as its in essense a massive Video - its all about making choices that effect future story and said story never stops moving. Harem Hotel is a sandbox which means its more an RPG so you can for example spend all week ignoring progress and just levelling up the guests stats on things like exhibitionism or just sleep around all day and the story will be waiting for you. This means you can repeat scenes in game on demand - all those animations are whats making every patch that little bit bigger.

I hadn't considered Android being the biggest stumbling block. If there is any suggestion we could consider from Ecchi Sensei its that they do a Dark Mind patch so most of the content isn't accessed as its taboo in nature but instead has to be added via said patch and it in itself is something like 2 and a half gigs is it not? Maybe Runey could say separate some of the content to be more an add on option than in base game like say the BDSM content and animations not pertaining to main story? I dunno, if anyone can come up with a solution its Runey but its clear that there is no easy answer of most games would have been doing something about it by now, simple truth is most of the bigger games are video novels split in parts because VNs allow that approach but sandbox of sizable content just aint on Android. Too many animations im afraid to be on a single file.

Reactions: Mathesar

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Ecchi Sensei can do that as its in essense a massive Video - its all about making choices that effect future story and said story never stops moving. Harem Hotel is a sandbox which means its more an RPG so you can for example spend all week ignoring progress and just levelling up the guests stats on things like exhibitionism or just sleep around all day and the story will be waiting for you. This means you can repeat scenes in game on demand - all those animations are whats making every patch that little bit bigger.

I hadn't considered Android being the biggest stumbling block. If there is any suggestion we could consider from Ecchi Sensei its that they do a Dark Mind patch so most of the content isn't accessed as its taboo in nature but instead has to be added via said patch and it in itself is something like 2 and a half gigs is it not? Maybe Runey could say separate some of the content to be more an add on option than in base game like say the BDSM content and animations not pertaining to main story? I dunno, if anyone can come up with a solution its Runey but its clear that there is no easy answer of most games would have been doing something about it by now, simple truth is most of the bigger games are video novels split in parts because VNs allow that approach but sandbox of sizable content just aint on Android. Too many animations im afraid to be on a single file.
Maybe something like the DM Patch could have been done way back when Runey started this game, but I think trying to decide upon and removing stuff from it to be put into some sort of patch would be more than a little bit time consuming and difficult. Do we really want to put Runey through that?

Besides, most of the "taboo" stuff in that Dark Mind Patch revolves around incest and underage material. All of the characters in HH are over 18, so there's no worries with that part. The incest in this game is very minor and only really present because a few of the girls are sisters, and that's easily toggled on and off through the cheatcode.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes