Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
Two new polls!

Who are your favorite main characters? >

Who are your favorite side characters? >

Top 3? Top 5? Tell me why :)
I play games like this pragmatically as an opportunist.

Kali is #1 Waifu because of the political and material advantages she brings with her family. Plus, she is the only human that submits to being humiliated in public even more than Maria did during her eCam days. And having little sister Lucy as a side-dish with no real ambition except being a Trophy Slut suits the original premise of the game.

Lin is #2 because of her ties to everyone in the Hotel. And she's grown more confident in her abilities like cooking, enough to be obeyed by the Android and mediate the Twins.

Maria #3 is the "Miss Congeniality" of the residence, and equivalent to the MC in making friends and influencing people.

The Android #4 (for better or worse) has that hidden edge to her. She loves and obeys the MC by way of his Grandfather/Creator, but has developed the Angst of Self-Awareness and becomes unpredictable. (If anyone knows of the 1974 movie "Dark Star" by John Carpenter, remember the bomb?)

Autumn #5. The posts about her are becoming more favorable as her story-line develops and we realize the part she and her religious beliefs tie into the whole story. (But c'mon Runey, she's on the list as a future bedmate, and I've talked a few girls into believing that Anal sex still preserves their virginity! ;)

Nov 17, 2018
So saying the process for making the patch from 0.11.2 to 0.12 (Runey original PC version) was a pain in the arse would be an understatement. First I encounter an error with my script and then I need to have a word with my PC. It was a long time ago since I saw my lastest bluescreen.

Other than that, here you go.
I encountered an error while trying to update Harem Hotel from 0.11.2 to 0.12
here's the log:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/animations_and_flags.rpy', 1547521970, 1) is defined twice, at game/animations_and_flags.rpyc:3 and game/scripts/animations_and_flags.rpyc:3.

I don't want to bother you so if it's a pain in the ass to fix this error then just say so and I'm going to download full ver. 0.12 instead of trying to update Harem Hotel from 0.11.2.

Culocane

Mar 4, 2019
While that depends on various things, but generally speaking, yes. History tends to remember the people who sacrifice for the greater good. They may not be considered a 'good politician', but a good leader, more likely than not, at least once people can look back on it honestly and leave their biases out of it. Not to mention the old excuse "I just just following orders" is one of the worse excuses there is to history...

While 'history is written by the winner', we tend to discover the truth ...eventually. I could give some real world examples, but real world politics is not really an acceptable topic here.

Not all democracies require a majority of the population to vote on every piece of legislation, and not every rule is put in place the same way. Some laws/rules are implemented by voting (usually local, and even those can be ignored by the higher ups), some are voted in by the representatives who are voted for, but they are then free to "vote their conscience" (assuming they have one), and others can be put in place by non elected/appointed positions such as the head of a department (which is where Cornwall falls) or a judge (some judges are elected, others are appointed).

A judge or appointed department head can make huge changes to the laws we have or how they are interpreted, far more than many elected politicians.
Personally i don t know how laws are emanated in the HH setting or how much power or discretionality the position that Cornwall hold have, but is fairly assume that not all the power are in the hand of Cornwall itself but that he need the support of a political force of some kind and if his ideas were to be too radical or progressist he will never have the support to be in a role of power considering the setting in wich the elves are seen by the majority of his nation like a strange kind of intelligent beasts too stupid to learn many things and without souls at the eyes of the church of HH' s world, so considered evolutionary and morally inferior, exactly like it was many century ago in the real world in the slave trade market.
Cornwall is still a leader of a conservative force and while his first concern is the economic and social stability of his society but he has a progessist take on the slaves condition not a reactionary one or at least seems to me, considering that in real world till the abolition of the slavery many slaves where considered just a property without any kind of rights, giving basic rights to someone is a huge step in the direction of recognize someone as an human being.
Basically i think he is trying to go in the direction of elves rights step by step in a slow but democratic way trying to do so without causing instability chaos and bloodshed, also the not inclusion in the Act of the halfelves it s caused by the same fears, a too repentine subversion of social and economic sistem will cause in his eyes instability of everykind.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
here's the log:

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/animations_and_flags.rpy', 1547521970, 1) is defined twice, at game/animations_and_flags.rpyc:3 and game/scripts/animations_and_flags.rpyc:3.

I don't want to bother you so if it's a pain in the ass to fix this error then just say so and I'm going to download full ver. 0.12 instead of trying to update Harem Hotel from 0.11.2.
Don't mess with the files on PC. Simply download, install, launch, and load your save. They transfer automatically.

Reactions: TheDevian

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
here's the log:

While running game code:

Happens, when their is two instance. In this case game/animations_and_flags.rpyc and game/scripts/animations_and_flags.rpyc.
So, do have delete the files listed in the del_files.txt?

Also thanks, you found a small bug in my script.

As for all, the README.txt was false generated and didn't have should ben this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 约翰·西娜

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Personally i don t know how laws are emanated in the HH setting or how much power or discretionality the position that Cornwall hold have, but is fairly assume that not all the power are in the hand of Cornwall itself but that he need the support of a political force of some kind and if his ideas were to be too radical or progressist he will never have the support to be in a role of power considering the setting in wich the elves are seen by the majority of his nation like a strange kind of intelligent beasts too stupid to learn many things and without souls at the eyes of the church of HH' s world, so considered evolutionary and morally inferior, exactly like it was many century ago in the real world in the slave trade market.
Cornwall is still a leader of a conservative force and while his first concern is the economic and social stability of his society but he has a progessist take on the slaves condition not a reactionary one or at least seems to me, considering that in real world till the abolition of the slavery many slaves where considered just a property without any kind of rights, giving basic rights to someone is a huge step in the direction of recognize someone as an human being.
Basically i think he is trying to go in the direction of elves rights step by step in a slow but democratic way trying to do so without causing instability chaos and bloodshed, also the not inclusion in the Act of the halfelves it s caused by the same fears, a too repentine subversion of social and economic sistem will cause in his eyes instability of everykind.
I don't want to explain his motivations too much since it hasn't been explained in game too well yet, but he is a populist. The most important example of this is his new line in his remade introduction "I want what you want".

Some of his ideas, like giving a crumb of equality to elves is considered progressive to us because we consider slavery to be bad. In his eyes, this may not be the case.

Corpus is also leading what some would consider a heretical sect in Gaius' religion. Believing elves to be equal in many respects. He's been very successful at this and even earned a spot on Cornwall's team. Cornwall sees this and takes advantage of this shift in society's moral compass, becoming Minister of Elves. Which is a seat that's democratically elected every 5 years without limit.

This policy along with ignoring half elves has had dramatic effects in the economy. Elves become more expensive to buy and much more expensive to own. Half Elves become the go-to slave because the upkeep is... well, up to you.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Harem Hotel v0.12.2 has released (bugfixes)

Seems my AV programm triggering on the download link for the Nopy site. Not the game itself, but the link to nopy.
1616194546739.png

PS: MAC version Nopey link goes to PC version and PC version goes to the limbo.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018
Happens, when their is two instance. In this case game/animations_and_flags.rpyc and game/scripts/animations_and_flags.rpyc.
So, do have delete the files listed in the del_files.txt?

Also thanks, you found a small bug in my script.
Yes I'm sure that I did delete them, I checked it twice just to be sure.

You haven't mentioned anything about animations_and_flags.rpyc in your del_files.txt file. Here are the files that you said to delete:
rm ./game/ash_events.rpyc
rm ./game/bar.rpyc
rm ./game/gallery.rpyc
rm ./game/images/felbjcatcum1.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjcatcum2.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjcatcum3.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjcatcum4.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjcatcum5.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjnudecum1.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjnudecum2.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjnudecum3.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjnudecum4.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjnudecum5.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjslutcum1.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjslutcum2.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjslutcum3.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjslutcum4.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjslutcum5.webp
rm ./game/images/kateschool2.webp
rm ./game/maria_events.rpyc
rm ./game/script_event_delays.rpyc
rm ./game/side_char_events.rpyc
rm ./game/violet_events.rpyc

Reactions: c3p0

Culocane

Mar 4, 2019
I don't want to explain his motivations too much since it hasn't been explained in game too well yet, but he is a populist. The most important example of this is his new line in his remade introduction "I want what you want".

Some of his ideas, like giving a crumb of equality to elves is considered progressive to us because we consider slavery to be bad. In his eyes, this may not be the case.

Corpus is also leading what some would consider a heretical sect in Gaius' religion. Believing elves to be equal in many respects. He's been very successful at this and even earned a spot on Cornwall's team. Cornwall sees this and takes advantage of this shift in society's moral compass, becoming Minister of Elves. Which is a seat that's democratically elected every 5 years without limit.

This policy along with ignoring half elves has had dramatic effects in the economy. Elves become more expensive to buy and much more expensive to own. Half Elves become the go-to slave because the upkeep is... well, up to you.
Thank you very much for clarifing things to me, i will have spent so many times asking myself things till the story will unfold in the next updates, damn half of my post in two years on this platform are just to clarifing this thing, also amazing works in the world building, story telling and characters development, that s the first time i m trying to fully immerse myself in the world and not be here just for the lewds.
So many aspect of the humane nature and what it mean to be human are touched, so are many of the human fragilities and insecurities in a not superficial way, for my taste the best game on this platform without close second.
Masterpiece.

Reactions: TheDevian and Runey

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Yes I'm sure that I did delete them, I checked it twice just to be sure.

You haven't mentioned anything about animations_and_flags.rpyc in your del_files.txt file. Here are the files that you said to delete:
rm ./game/ash_events.rpyc
rm ./game/bar.rpyc
rm ./game/gallery.rpyc
rm ./game/images/felbjcatcum1.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjcatcum2.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjcatcum3.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjcatcum4.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjcatcum5.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjnudecum1.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjnudecum2.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjnudecum3.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjnudecum4.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjnudecum5.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjslutcum1.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjslutcum2.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjslutcum3.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjslutcum4.webp
rm ./game/images/felbjslutcum5.webp
rm ./game/images/kateschool2.webp
rm ./game/maria_events.rpyc
rm ./game/script_event_delays.rpyc
rm ./game/side_char_events.rpyc
rm ./game/violet_events.rpyc
You give me a headache, but a good one.(y)
Will track it down, yet surley will need some time.

• Red Heart

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I was talking about the general endgame of the whole plot and especially the slavery issue. Not individual character plots.
The whole slavery plot has been foreshadowed several times if you follow the plot.

They are creating Elf androids that will be sold all over, there are also a lot of military bots in storage.

Android can hack and control them all. MC will have an army. He can also arm the free elves.

The plot is aiming to abolish slavery, Runey has said that plenty of times and left enough hints at how it's going to happen.

I don't know where you thought a bad ending was coming when it's all been leading to freeing the Elves.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
The whole slavery plot has been foreshadowed several times if you follow the plot.

They are creating Elf androids that will be sold all over, there are also a lot of military bots in storage.

Android can hack and control them all. MC will have an army. He can also arm the free elves.

The plot is aiming to abolish slavery, Runey has said that plenty of times and left enough hints at how it's going to happen.

I don't know where you thought a bad ending was coming when it's all been leading to freeing the Elves.
Just to clarify, Android can only control other androids built by the same company, and can influence things on the same network. Like the hotel.

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018
Just to clarify, Android can only control other androids built by the same company, and can influence things on the same network. Like the hotel.
hey sorry its not on topic i have nearly zero knowlege of renpy programming but maybe it is possible to insert an seperate replay option for changed events like the lin event in the last update (maybe even with a disclaimer what was chenged or when it happend).
I had no problems with my savegames so far and from the size of the game and how it is growing this schould be a good way that not only new players or people who start a new game see the changed version but everybody and you would still be able to continue your main playthrough.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
rext523:
Issue found and already cleared it last weekend. I also having a serious problem with my memory and to a degree with my communications skill. Another one has already report it.

Last edited:

Culocane

Mar 4, 2019
Two new polls!

Who are your favorite main characters? >

Who are your favorite side characters? >

Top 3? Top 5? Tell me why :)
For the main cast i will say:

Autumn because he need someone to guide her in the exploration of her sexuality and in the liberation from the family/church background dogma of what is right and what is wrong and let her be just who want to be
Maria because it s just not your average lover but a partner in crime that try to take what it want, while mantaing her internal struggle for independency and know who she is and what it want to be, and the need of beeing loved and nurtured.
Android because the possibility are just infinite, obviusly phisically but also mentally, will she ever find is place as individual sentient being the world, will she go "mad "and try to overtake the world, will she stop itself from tryng and exile itself from phisical world? i repeat infinite possibility for this character
(also the scene of femdom android and Maria was fire but i cant seem to find it in the gallery but i m not 100% sure)

For the secondary i will say:

Jin because i will love to try to heal the scar of the decennal abuses and try to make her consider itself just not a property, a piece of meat and finally reunite her with Lin in a meaningfull way
Ellen because there s no motherly figure in our cares and sometimes it will get over the relationship with our grandfather
Juliet because in a story that is all about caring for each other how i can remain indifferent for the excluded big titty goth girl
(also i will love to see Mrs Ren someday only just for the thought of reunite her with Ashley)

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Kali will always be my top girl.

I love Ash and her backstory made me bawl like a baby but Kali will always take my top spot and if marriage happens it's her i'm picking.

Well, Ash can get it in the second playthrough.

Ellen is top secondary girl. It's not even close, she's leaps and bounds above the rest.

4.70 star(s) 453 Votes