rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
As for leaking Maria's info, no doctor with integrity, like Hannah's, is going to leak the info and only Hannah's doctor has the privledge of knowing that information unless Maria herself tells someone else. Things like this are confidential and open only to the people the patient lets know about them. There is literally no one who could leak the info except Hannah's doctor, which would make said doctor no better than the bitch nurse at the hospital
As if data is so well kept safe that you can't get a hand of it. Just look at irl how easilly even military incripsions get broken these days if you looking for an in universe solution there are plenty of androids and your own android does not always seem to be on your side. Even though this is usually unintended. Your own android has already shown to like exposing other people as the game has shown so why not maria after she annoyed your android? Kali her fix for your android did not go well with the android not being so friendly anymore so theres another option for possible spread of info from the hospital The options are there. As for if you cant beat em join em really does not explain away apprehension. If you go along just because they need you and will be better off without you does not take away any apprehension. If i where in the position of the mc i would go with her but still be trying till the very last min to get her to not do it. The apprehension does not go away like it seems to have with the mc. It may still be there but not that i can find in reading it. As said in the very beginning just having the option would have been nice. Maria might be stubborn yes but she has also shown to trust the mc's gut or input way more than she eventually does with the hospital. Every time before that one she has trusted the mc's input/judgment even with her stubbornness and now she would not? Again the option would have been nice thats all. Yes even if that leads to her going alone. Over all i could see 3 potential options. 1 she goes alone, 2 mc goes with her, 3 she does not go/find another way.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
As if data is so well kept safe that you can't get a hand of it. Just look at irl how easilly even military incripsions get broken these days if you looking for an in universe solution there are plenty of androids and your own android does not always seem to be on your side. Even though this is usually unintended. Your own android has already shown to like exposing other people as the game has shown so why not maria after she annoyed your android? Kali her fix for your android did not go well with the android not being so friendly anymore so theres another option for possible spread of info from the hospital The options are there. As for if you cant beat em join em really does not explain away apprehension. If you go along just because they need you and will be better off without you does not take away any apprehension. If i where in the position of the mc i would go with her but still be trying till the very last min to get her to not do it. The apprehension does not go away like it seems to have with the mc. It may still be there but not that i can find in reading it. As said in the very beginning just having the option would have been nice. Maria might be stubborn yes but she has also shown to trust the mc's gut or input way more than she eventually does with the hospital. Every time before that one she has trusted the mc's input/judgment even with her stubbornness and now she would not? Again the option would have been nice thats all. Yes even if that leads to her going alone. Over all i could see 3 potential options. 1 she goes alone, 2 mc goes with her, 3 she does not go/find another way.
Um, yeah, most private medical data is kept out of the reach of prying eyes who don't have authorization.

Android, by which I mean the character in the hotel, has been on our side since the beginning since her goals have never been opposed to our own. She has no reason to gain Maria's private medical data nor any reason to leak it. What Android has done before is nothing compared to what it would be like to expose Maria as an enslavement eligible elf and, despite what Maria has done to Android in the past, there isn't such bad blood between them that she would expose Maria even against literally everyone else at the hotel, including her own master, the MC.

Yeah, it actually does explain away apprehension. He found no use for opposing Maria's decision any further because opposing her decision would only mean she goes alone. It doesn't mean she doesn't get handled the exact same way by the bitch nurse at the hospital, what it means is all that happens off screen, making us feel worse for not having been there when she needed us. I mean, yeah, he's still opposed to the whole thing, but he's given up at that point. There's no point in trying to stop her because it isn't going to succeed. Either she goes with him by her side or she goes alone, but either way she's going according to what she decided.

You and the MC are different people, then. That's not a bad thing, but you would be spinning your wheels, so to speak. Literally the only way to stop Maria would have been to physically force her not to go, at which point we could call it kidnapping since she would be held against her will.

She does listen, but not once she's made up her mind and she already had at that point. This is true of most stubborn people, once they make up their mind, their mind cannot be changed and the only options are either go along with their choice or physically stop them. Obviously, the MC chose the former.

In those previous times, she hadn't resolved to go through with something on her own choice. In this case, she was determined to see it through with or without the MC.

Again, there was no other way. It was the way it happened or the way it happened, but off screen, but either way she was getting what she got as it is now. Either way is the same outcome, which then serves as a catalyst for things to come later. I get it, it was hard to watch, but sometimes hard to watch things are necessary things for the future. We will see her find justice for these atrocities, of that I am certain. The only uncertainty I can see on this matter is what form that justice will take.

Reactions: TheDevian and Runey

1reaper1

Nov 24, 2021
Um, yeah, most private medical data is kept out of the reach of prying eyes who don't have authorization.

Yeah, it actually does explain away apprehension. He found no use for opposing Maria's decision any further because opposing her decision would only mean she goes alone. It doesn't mean she doesn't get handled the exact same way by the bitch nurse at the hospital, what it means is all that happens off screen, making us feel worse for not having been there when she needed us. I mean, yeah, he's still opposed to the whole thing, but he's given up at that point. There's no point in trying to stop her because it isn't going to succeed. Either she goes with him by her side or she goes alone, but either way she's going according to what she decided.

Again, there was no other way. It was the way it happened or the way it happened, but off screen, but either way she was getting what she got as it is now. Either way is the same outcome, which then serves as a catalyst for things to come later. I get it, it was hard to watch, but sometimes hard to watch things are necessary things for the future. We will see her find justice for these atrocities, of that I am certain. The only uncertainty I can see on this matter is what form that justice will take.
first of all medical data is kept out of reach of your average person a hacker could easily get through to all your medical data as has already happened plenty of times in the past.

even if the main character did choose to give up and support her he really would not be that happy for her when its done. he would still instinctively be in the emotional mindset of protecting her and being against what she is doing thats not going to change if you go that way. you can be against something and still support people who do it that does not mean you are so overly happy as the main character is in this game when it happens. the main character really reacts without the emotions he should have. yes he would probably be happy for her but what is shown in game is extreme.

about the droid have you missed the part where she became hostile against basically everyone after she got her "fix" ? if you go to the school with her you can clearly see that she enjoys making people embarrassed/miserable by exposing their videos/bodies not to mention that she actively turns maria into a sex slave for her own pleasure. over the game the droid has become more and more distant as she basically gets bored with being better than others for things being so easy etc. it would be quite easy to see her going rogue. for an example just look at the droid taking control without order or permission of another droid and causing plenty of trouble even after the main character orders her to stop she does not.

as for there is no other way. thats just lazy bullshit. there is always another way. you just need to want it. personally i would be fine with maria going without the main character or behind their backs and you hearing what happened from a 3rd source as it would teach maria a lesson about listening to people who clearly know things better than her. i mean her best friend hannah went through it and basically tells maria that there is the option to become completely miserable afterwards like she did and still she does not listen and goes along with it. give us the option to let her go alone or lets throw it in a completely different way maria gets kidnapped because someone already knows about why she was dropped at the orphanage and uses that info against her/the main character to extort you or something. it will keep the same punch you say you need (honestly ? its was rather predictable that it would happen) and it might even liven up her story a bit. there are always plenty of options a game/story is never perfect it can always be better. so yeah that there is no other way is just bullshit magnitude 9. personally i really don't care about maria her bland predictable story for me its the infighting between the clones and our knife wielding youngling. or ninas story. actively killing humans to free some elves

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and Runey

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
first of all medical data is kept out of reach of your average person a hacker could easily get through to all your medical data as has already happened plenty of times in the past.

even if the main character did choose to give up and support her he really would not be that happy for her when its done. he would still instinctively be in the emotional mindset of protecting her and being against what she is doing thats not going to change if you go that way. you can be against something and still support people who do it that does not mean you are so overly happy as the main character is in this game when it happens. the main character really reacts without the emotions he should have. yes he would probably be happy for her but what is shown in game is extreme.

about the droid have you missed the part where she became hostile against basically everyone after she got her "fix" ? if you go to the school with her you can clearly see that she enjoys making people embarrassed/miserable by exposing their videos/bodies not to mention that she actively turns maria into a sex slave for her own pleasure. over the game the droid has become more and more distant as she basically gets bored with being better than others for things being so easy etc. it would be quite easy to see her going rogue. for an example just look at the droid taking control without order or permission of another droid and causing plenty of trouble even after the main character orders her to stop she does not.

as for there is no other way. thats just lazy bullshit. there is always another way. you just need to want it. personally i would be fine with maria going without the main character or behind their backs and you hearing what happened from a 3rd source as it would teach maria a lesson about listening to people who clearly know things better than her. i mean her best friend hannah went through it and basically tells maria that there is the option to become completely miserable afterwards like she did and still she does not listen and goes along with it. give us the option to let her go alone or lets throw it in a completely different way maria gets kidnapped because someone already knows about why she was dropped at the orphanage and uses that info against her/the main character to extort you or something. it will keep the same punch you say you need (honestly ? its was rather predictable that it would happen) and it might even liven up her story a bit. there are always plenty of options a game/story is never perfect it can always be better. so yeah that there is no other way is just bullshit magnitude 9. personally i really don't care about maria her bland predictable story for me its the infighting between the clones and our knife wielding youngling. or ninas story. actively killing humans to free some elves
maria's story is decent just that that part feels rather unnatural when you keep telling her no and then go along as if nothing happens. all i said at the start was i would have liked it if there was an option for her to not go and just trust you and her friend thats all

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Does anyone know an example of a scene or two that changes depending on what traits a girl has? I don't think I've ever managed to play in a way where you don't get the traits, so I'm just curious how much of an impact they end up having.

Also do the trait colors mean anything?
Traits and stats mostly unlock non story content. There are cases of traits influencing the story, but those are rarer.

I also don't want players to feel like it's a grind, so traits unlocking naturally is a part of the process. Not knowing what they unlocked may be the side effect.

But in every case where a trait unlocks a menu option, that menu option is gold, such as in many Lust Events. The slut trait unlocks the slut outfit, the Sub trait allows them to walk around near nude in ropes, stuff like that.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
yes its necessary though there are other options to get to the same results in a less whiplash kind of way and at the same time make your choices seem relevant. most of the game it feels to me that choices do change the outcome but for maria you can treat her like crap all game and deny her everything and yet the main character still seems perfectly fine with it when she goes to get tested even after the night before you still said no. the main character feels just 180 to that part of the story if you keep telling her not to do it only to be more than happy to help her as if you encouraged her all the way through the next day. hence i said it would have been nice to have the option of her not going through with it or for example having hannah step in with her doctor. you can still come to the same conclusion afterwards but its quite the whiplash in emotion (which i can get if you supported her) but also the 180 in the mc opinions. this change in opinion does not feel right with me does not feel natural. hence the option would have been appreciated. though i must say my brain being able to scar itself with good writing like this is also a part of the reason i need to stay away from the whiplash turn arounds but thats not all that important for the mc opinions in the game around that part of the game. basically to me the mc for that part does not make sense where as the rest of the game is almost flawless for my liking
Of course there are always other options. But I wrote and developed this one because I wanted it to hit hard. I wanted to evoke an emotional response out of you, and even before this, I wanted to attach you to Maria so the bad shit feels even worse.

I could have definitely made it hit harder, but there is a line I don't want to cross in Harem Hotel. All of this is in an effort to make you care about the characters, what happens to them, and their stories, and gives you a reason to continue to the end to see them happy.

If this doesn't happen to Maria, it makes what happens after it not feel as good or motivating, and it's my goal to make the wins feel as good as the losses felt bad.

MC has also been nothing but supportive to what Maria wants to do, his opinions haven't changed, he just wants Maria to be happy.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
Of course there are always other options. But I wrote and developed this one because I wanted it to hit hard. I wanted to evoke an emotional response out of you, and even before this, I wanted to attach you to Maria so the bad shit feels even worse.

I could have definitely made it hit harder, but there is a line I don't want to cross in Harem Hotel. All of this is in an effort to make you care about the characters, what happens to them, and their stories, and gives you a reason to continue to the end to see them happy.

If this doesn't happen to Maria, it makes what happens after it not feel as good or motivating, and it's my goal to make the wins feel as good as the losses felt bad.

MC has also been nothing but supportive to what Maria wants to do, his opinions haven't changed, he just wants Maria to be happy.
the options would have been nice but its your story. unfortunately for me either way i need to stay away from the game due to that whiplash event. knowing it will come makes me need to avoid the entire game

• Sad
Reactions: Oldtoothlessbasterd

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

There are no such people with those skills that have a bone to pick with Maria.

Of course he's not happy when it's done, when it was done was when she got treated lower than dirt, nobody but pro-slave people would be happy about that.

Embarrassing people or making them miserable is on a totally different level from ruining their entire life by getting them enslaved. She has a mean streak, but she's not so sadistic that she would go against the entire hotel and start supporting the slave trade.

No, it isn't lazy bullshit, lazy bullshit would be not showing this at all and then suddenly having the MC pissed off for no good reason. No, this is called cause and effect, Maria's treatment led to the MC getting pissed, not to mention a few players, and that will in turn lead to action at some point down the road. For every cause, there is an effect, and this was the cause for which we will be seeing a major effect. Had this gone any differently, it would affect the things to come as well on a large scale. As I said before, Maria going alone and Maria going with the MC are exactly the same, we just don't see it happen if she goes alone, that's the only difference. She still would have gotten enslaved, she still would gotten treated as less than dirt, and the MC would still do exactly as he did before and after. Nothing changes in this case except being able to see it. We also have a third option, keep things as they are, it's much better on screen then off and having her kidnapped changes the target of the MC's rage, that's not what Runey was going for, he was most definitely going for something to trigger the MC raging against the slave trade and its supporters, especially including Cornwall.

There are many factors that all hinged on Maria going to that hospital and getting enslaved in the process, it isn't bullshit, it's the way things are. An effect demands an equivalent level cause and that is exactly what we got. It sounds less like there's actually a problem and more like a personal issue, for which I have one thing to say, not every game is for everyone and not every part of every game is for everyone. If you don't like it, this isn't "Lessons in Love," it isn't like there's going to be a test on what happens in that event later, so you could just skip through it and focus on the parts you do like.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
maria's story is decent just that that part feels rather unnatural when you keep telling her no and then go along as if nothing happens. all i said at the start was i would have liked it if there was an option for her to not go and just trust you and her friend thats all
Can you point out every time MC has said "No, you cannot go."? Because unless I've forgotten something, MC has only been supportive to Maria. Maybe you didn't want her to go, but MC never said it was a bad idea. Maria just wants to find out who her parents are, and MC has been fine with that.

The only person who discouraged her and wanted her to not go was Hana. She knew what might happen, but she gave no solid reason. So why wouldn't Maria want to find her parents? Seriously, what is wrong with that? She's an orphan, there's nothing wrong with trying to find out who your parents were.

I understand you don't like how I made you feel with the story, but Harem Hotel was never all about fluffy lighthearted content. This game covers serious topics.

1reaper1

Nov 24, 2021
There are no such people with those skills that have a bone to pick with Maria.

Of course he's not happy when it's done, when it was done was when she got treated lower than dirt, nobody but pro-slave people would be happy about that.

Embarrassing people or making them miserable is on a totally different level from ruining their entire life by getting them enslaved. She has a mean streak, but she's not so sadistic that she would go against the entire hotel and start supporting the slave trade.

No, it isn't lazy bullshit, lazy bullshit would be not showing this at all and then suddenly having the MC pissed off for no good reason. No, this is called cause and effect, Maria's treatment led to the MC getting pissed, not to mention a few players, and that will in turn lead to action at some point down the road. For every cause, there is an effect, and this was the cause for which we will be seeing a major effect. Had this gone any differently, it would affect the things to come as well on a large scale. As I said before, Maria going alone and Maria going with the MC are exactly the same, we just don't see it happen if she goes alone, that's the only difference. She still would have gotten enslaved, she still would gotten treated as less than dirt, and the MC would still do exactly as he did before and after. Nothing changes in this case except being able to see it. We also have a third option, keep things as they are, it's much better on screen then off and having her kidnapped changes the target of the MC's rage, that's not what Runey was going for, he was most definitely going for something to trigger the MC raging against the slave trade and its supporters, especially including Cornwall.

There are many factors that all hinged on Maria going to that hospital and getting enslaved in the process, it isn't bullshit, it's the way things are. An effect demands an equivalent level cause and that is exactly what we got. It sounds less like there's actually a problem and more like a personal issue, for which I have one thing to say, not every game is for everyone and not every part of every game is for everyone. If you don't like it, this isn't "Lessons in Love," it isn't like there's going to be a test on what happens in that event later, so you could just skip through it and focus on the parts you do like.
its extremely lazy bs if you really think there are no other ways. if you really think there are no other ways to go about it you are just refusing to put in the effort to think of other ways to get the story done. if maria goes at it alone and learning a lesson to just trust the people who actually know whats going on or the mc going with her yes he can be annoyed in both options. in one of the 2 scenarios she learns something and in the other one she gets supported in her actions basically making the mc responsible for maria turning into a slave as he okayed what was going on. though if the mc just opened his mouth and told her she might be half elf (something which the possibility was rather large and clearly visible with the info given to the mc) would have made maria change her mind simple as that. it makes the mc feel unrealistic tbh. the pieces where all there yet he did nothing but support her. even weirder is that he did not pick up on hannah either while she basically told him she was half elf at the food joint. the kidnap plot would fit the world of the game and the rage would still be with the slave market owner (who i cant be bothered to remember his name) the rage was according to the game not as much with the hospital as with the slave market itself as he did nothing for half elves and only for elves. the only rage the story throws at the hospital is for starting the training as soon as the mc is thrown out of the hospital. the story hinges on marias enslavement ? have yet to see any evidence of that as after her enslavement she just returns to the bar as if nothing happens. even if it hinged on her getting enslaved there are millions of ways to do that with the same effect worse or far less. its not as if maria is hiding that she might be half elf even if she does not know herself. even if nothing is said its quite easy to determine that the possibility of her being half is rather large. for example the slow learning the purple eyes and being dumped at a orphanage which has already been said in story that it would be easy enough to clip the ears and dump them so they might lead a normal life. way to easy to pick out the half elf in her. not thinking about other possible options is lazy. as i said before i would have loved to just let her go on her own and make her own mistakes. not like getting a cold shoulder would be anything new for her

1reaper1

Nov 24, 2021
Can you point out every time MC has said "No, you cannot go."? Because unless I've forgotten something, MC has only been supportive to Maria. Maybe you didn't want her to go, but MC never said it was a bad idea. Maria just wants to find out who her parents are, and MC has been fine with that.

The only person who discouraged her and wanted her to not go was Hana. She knew what might happen, but she gave no solid reason. So why wouldn't Maria want to find her parents? Seriously, what is wrong with that? She's an orphan, there's nothing wrong with trying to find out who your parents were.

I understand you don't like how I made you feel with the story, but Harem Hotel was never all about fluffy lighthearted content. This game covers serious topics.
would that not be the first time she mentiones to hanna and mc that she wants to do it? if i believe the mc could either tell her it was a good idea and she should do it or it sounds like a bad idea DON'T DO IT and then again the day before the hospital maria tells mc that she is going to do it and again you have the option of telling her no its a bad idea at least that was what i saw in the last update.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018

But... the main character has always supported Maria in this. What was apprehensive about Maria's reasons for finding her parents, but not about finding her parents. "Don't let who your parents were decide who you are. You're your own person." not "DON'T LOOK FOR YOUR PARENTS WTF?". Why shouldn't an orphan girl find her parents?

Android wasn't hostile in that event. She was being maliciously childish. Just having fun without thinking of the consequences. MC and Kali set her straight and she realized what she did.
I also have no idea where you're getiting "Over time the android becomes more distant and bored with being better than others." This has literally never happened and not something I'm attempting to write at all. She can be maliciously childish when she wants to have fun, especially relative to what we know because her limits aren't ours. It's Kali's and MC's job to correct Android's course.

i would be fine with maria going without the main character or behind their backs and you hearing what happened from a 3rd source as it would teach maria a lesson about listening to people who clearly know things better than her.
Really? It would teach Maria a lesson to get enslaved for not listening to us? THAT is your better idea of a better story? :KEK:

Yes, there could be other reasons I could write it. But personally, I'm not interested in making my story worse.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
would that not be the first time she mentiones to hanna and mc that she wants to do it? if i believe the mc could either tell her it was a good idea and she should do it or it sounds like a bad idea DON'T DO IT and then again the day before the hospital maria tells mc that she is going to do it and again you have the option of telling her no its a bad idea at least that was what i saw in the last update.
your forgetting even in the hospital when she gets nervous the main character tells her she can always turn back. but yeah basically what they said. with hannah you can tell her no and the day before you can tell her its a bad idea. i only did till update 12 so unless you changed something those would be the 2 times

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
No, I'm not sure what you're thinking of, but when Maria and Hana come up to you and say Maria is going to get a test, there was never an option to say no. Because why would there be? You have no idea what could happen, she's just looking for her parents.

your forgetting even in the hospital when she gets nervous the main character tells her she can always turn back. but yeah basically what they said. with hannah you can tell her no and the day before you can tell her its a bad idea. i only did till update 12 so unless you changed something those would be the 2 times
The event before Maria announces she's going to the doctor is the one where Hana moves in. There was never an option for MC to say "It's a bad idea to find your parents." Because why would there be?

The discussion surrounding that previously has been "If knowing your parents is important." or "If your past decides who you are." MC has ensured Maria that no matter what happens, it does not need to change her. He has never insisted that it's a bad idea to find them, as this line from MC perfectly captures during the doctor test event

MC "Of course I'll help you find your parents, but are you sure you want to know?"

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

1reaper1

Nov 24, 2021
But... the main character has always supported Maria in this. What was apprehensive about Maria's reasons for finding her parents, but not about finding her parents. "Don't let who your parents were decide who you are. You're your own person." not "DON'T LOOK FOR YOUR PARENTS WTF?". Why shouldn't an orphan girl find her parents?

Android wasn't hostile in that event. She was being maliciously childish. Just having fun without thinking of the consequences. MC and Kali set her straight and she realized what she did.
I also have no idea where you're getiting "Over time the android becomes more distant and bored with being better than others." This has literally never happened and not something I'm attempting to write at all. She can be maliciously childish when she wants to have fun, especially relative to what we know because her limits aren't ours. It's Kali's and MC's job to correct Android's course.

Really? It would teach Maria a lesson to get enslaved for not listening to us? THAT is your better idea of a better story? :KEK:

Yes, there could be other reasons I could write it. But personally, I'm not interested in making my story worse.
you may not intend to write the android as hostile but after her errors where corrected she was. a the party she was fighting elves aka hostile (though the elve did not help). yes marias story would be better and more interesting when she learned a lesson there. listen to the people who know as the world is a terrible place. as far as marias story goes now sell her body on the internet get a job fuck around thats it. not really all that interesting

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
No, I'm not sure what you're thinking of, but when Maria and Hana come up to you and say Maria is going to get a test, there was never an option to say no. Because why would there be? You have no idea what could happen, she's just looking for her parents.

The event before Maria announces she's going to the doctor is the one where Hana moves in. There was never an option for MC to say "It's a bad idea to find your parents." Because why would there be?

The discussion surrounding that previously has been "If knowing your parents is important." or "If your past decides who you are."
its literally the day before they go to the hospital where hannah comes to you with maria to try and get your help to talk maria out of it. there is an option to say its a bad idea and an option to just go with it. same with hannah and maria in her room you can tell her its a bad decision due to hannah her concern

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes