TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I'm not saying there should be an option to stop her. I'm saying there should have been an option to TRY and talk her out of it, even though it'd be doomed to failure to keep the story on track.
While I am generally a fan of options, the problem with this is that... A) she would have been left in limbo, some times not knowing can be torture, and Hana was not willing to introduce her doctor. B) It would have been much less impactful.
In other words, you're extremely observant. That's actually a pretty good trait to have. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for myself on this one, which is likely a major factor in why I reacted so strongly when I did.
A big part of it, this also needs to be combined with the ability to extrapolate from that data, the possible options of where that would logically lead, and pick the most likely ones. It's a skill most writers should have. On the other hand, it can also be the cause of severe writers block, as you think of too many ideas, and can't choose which ones to go with! XD

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
While I am generally a fan of options, the problem with this is that... A) she would have been left in limbo, some times not knowing can be torture, and Hana was not willing to introduce her doctor. B) It would have been much less impactful.
A) Why do you think she'd be left in limbo? The event would have ended the exact same way. The only difference would have been a few extra lines of dialogue between the MC and Maria where he tries and fails to talk her out of it, before finally resigning himself to going to try and watch over her.
B) I'd agree the impact would be lessened if the conversation included the MC saying "Maria, you're a half-elf", but I'm not suggesting that. I'm suggesting "Maybe we should listen to Hana" or "I thinks this is a terrible idea, Maria" or something equally vague. I don't think an option for people to express disagreement with her plan lessens the impact of her being forcefully taken from the MC at all. YMMV, of course.

Reactions: TheDevian

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
A) Why do you think she'd be left in limbo? The event would have ended the exact same way. The only difference would have been a few extra lines of dialogue between the MC and Maria where he tries and fails to talk her out of it, before finally resigning himself to going to try and watch over her.
B) I'd agree the impact would be lessened if the conversation included the MC saying "Maria, you're a half-elf", but I'm not suggesting that. I'm suggesting "Maybe we should listen to Hana" or "I thinks this is a terrible idea, Maria" or something equally vague. I don't think an option for people to express disagreement with her plan lessens the impact of her being forcefully taken from the MC at all. YMMV, of course.
By going with her, he showed her that he cares.
That in itself could be very valuable in the future.
And for the plotline of the story, she had to go!

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Left in limbo if she didn't do it.

Okay, yeah, having an option just to say that is not bad, then go with her anyway to show your support. That is a lot different from where this conversation started, him telling her no multiple times, and not going at all.

Would give you a (y) again, but I ran out hours ago...

Reactions: Corvus Belli

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
A big part of it, this also needs to be combined with the ability to extrapolate from that data, the possible options of where that would logically lead, and pick the most likely ones. It's a skill most writers should have. On the other hand, it can also be the cause of severe writers block, as you think of too many ideas, and can't choose which ones to go with! XD
It's also a useful skill for medical professionals, and legal professionals.
It can also make you difficult to get along with, for a variety of reasons. I've been banned from theory-crafting about movies, books, and TV shows by everyone I know, for example.

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
Yes, it does. And even with an option to tell her you think it's a terrible idea, you'd still be going with her. In point of fact, you'd be showing that you'll stand by her side even when you don't agree with her, that you'll support her through thick and thin.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

Yep, I've been there. I'll often get into a flow from the beginning that won't stop for several hours straight, but sometimes the flow of ideas is faster than my ability to put them on paper and that ends up in a sort of idea traffic jam for me. I end up falling to my occasionally highly indecisive nature.

And for the plotline of the story, she had to go!
Indeed

It can also make you difficult to get along with, for a variety of reasons. I've been banned from theory-crafting about movies, books, and TV shows by everyone I know, for example.
Ouch

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
Okay, yeah, having an option just to say that is not bad, then go with her anyway to show your support. That is a lot different from where this conversation started, him telling her no multiple times, and not going at all.
Yes, someone else said to not go with her, but that wasn't me. My suggestion has only ever been to have an option where you express disagreement with her plan, there's a little bit of back-and-forth, ultimately the MC realises she's going with or without him, and he goes with her despite his misgivings. The event ends the same way, but the player can feel that they at least got to try and make her see sense.

Nah, it was a fair complaint. I never realised how aggravating it was for them to, for example, watch a TV series with me, only for me to predict how it'll end in episode 2, and then be proven right at the end of the season. It was robbing them of the twist, and robbing them of the ability to put the clues together themselves. They explained why it was annoying, I saw that their logical was valid, and I've endeavoured ever since to not ruin things for them.
It's why I never brought up Maria being a half-elf here in the public forum, and only mentioned it to Runey in a DM.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Funny, for me, it is what got me onto several game teams... lol
It is all a matter of how you apply it, I guess. XD
People do hate when you manage to spoil the plot, but it is useful when DMing a game, or any number of activities.
Yep, I've been there. I'll often get into a flow from the beginning that won't stop for several hours straight, but sometimes the flow of ideas is faster than my ability to put them on paper and that ends up in a sort of idea traffic jam for me. I end up falling to my occasionally highly indecisive nature.
No doubt, sometimes struggled for days on how to start a scene, since how it starts sets the basis for everything that follows.
Yes, someone else said to not go with her, but that wasn't me. My suggestion has only ever been to have an option where you express disagreement with her plan, there's a little bit of back-and-forth, ultimately the MC realises she's going with or without him, and he goes with her despite his misgivings. The event ends the same way, but the player can feel that they at least got to try and make her see sense.
Yeah, I was pretty sure that was someone else who said that, but it's been a long day... XD

Yeah, I agree, that would have worked just fine, even if it included a -1 love point for not fully supporting her idea, or not getting one you would have otherwise.

Reactions: alex2011

JoePlant

May 2, 2017
This is why I get lost in rpg mechanics like DnD and just theory craft. Come up with a character concept and then, how to make it work. I can bore more people with that than I can with books/movies because there is no risk of spoilers.
RPG mechanics also have a bonus of some math to prove/hint which way may work best.

I also find that such analytical mindsets come very handy in any engineering professions when you have to fix issues.

Funny, for me, it is what got me onto several game teams... lol
It is all a matter of how you apply it, I guess. XD
People do hate when you manage to spoil the plot, but it is useful when DMing a game, or any number of activities.
Oh this is hilarious... we had the same thought. I just now continued reading and saw your response to him.

Reactions: TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018

Felicity (and soon Emma) will have the most in depth room content in v0.14. She has the most outfits, and the same amount of date locations and number of dates. And now, once you're done dating, she also has the chance to offer "Freestyle" sex (on top of the individual options), which is an option that involves every repeatable sex option chained together. It's a 20% chance and it all happens in whatever outfit you decide she wears. The date location is random as well. Hopefully all of this breaths some extra life into HH
:2cozycheers:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Did anyone else read this line and go "Ah crap... what is Goggle wanting me to buy now?"
No, I asked myself why my Android isn't asking me to buy stuff like the MC's is. :ROFLMAO:

Felicity (and soon Emma) will have the most in depth room content in v0.14. She has the most outfits, and the same amount of date locations and number of dates. And now, once you're done dating, she also has the chance to offer "Freestyle" sex (on top of the individual options), which is an option that involves every repeatable sex option chained together. It's a 20% chance and it all happens in whatever outfit you decide she wears. The date location is random as well. Hopefully all of this breaths some extra life into HH
:2cozycheers:
That freestyle part is insane, nicely done, can't wait to see it.

Poor fairies again :cry:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We are gathered here today to mourn the loss of many a pair of wings. May they find peace now that they have been laid to rest and may their fairy hosts live on despite these dark times. :cry:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
No, I asked myself why my Android isn't asking me to buy stuff like the MC's is. :ROFLMAO:

That freestyle part is insane, nicely done, can't wait to see it.

We are gathered here today to mourn the loss of many a pair of wings. May they find peace now that they have been laid to rest and may their fairy hosts live on despite these dark times. :cry:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

linus.quotes

Aug 27, 2021
Man the fairies... they should have, like, 2 thousands freaking wings haha

- I have torned up a few ones myself tho -

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes