mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
One thing that puzzles me, why are half elves considered way below elves in this society? Pretty much excluded from everything.
I think the minister (I somehow can't remember his name) basically sacrificed them so when he sent his dark elf cousin out of Sylanar people wouldn't riot because they thought if was going to go full abolitionist next.

Reactions: freedom.call

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I think the minister (I somehow can't remember his name) basically sacrificed them so when he sent his dark elf cousin out of Sylanar people wouldn't riot because they thought if was going to go full abolitionist next.
Pretty much, yeah. Cornwall is taking is slow, hard to say what his actual motivations are, but whatever his reasons, that is the effect.

But, it is one of those things you have to do slowly, if you don't want a war, so what can you do?

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
Pretty much, yeah. Cornwall is taking is slow, hard to say what his actual motivations are, but whatever his reasons, that is the effect.

But, it is one of those things you have to do slowly, if you don't want a war, so what can you do?
While I would normally agree with that I don't think Cornwall did anything since the bill giving elves minimum rights, which if I remember correctly happened decades ago
Sorry, I was just goofin around, I knew what you meant.

Cheers
My bad then :)

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
While I would normally agree with that I don't think Cornwall did anything since the bill giving elves minimum rights, which if I remember correctly happened decades ago
To be fair, one man changing the system that an entire continent is built on, its going to take time.

Especially if the changes he wants to make aren't going to be popular. A prime example is Thaddeus Stevens, summed up best in .

Now, I'm not directly comparing Cornwall to Stevens, just using Stevens as an example of the small concessions that have to be made to make steady changes.

Reactions: TheDevian

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
To be fair, one man changing the system that an entire continent is built on, its going to take time.

Especially if the changes he wants to make aren't going to be popular. A prime example is Thaddeus Stevens, summed up best in .

Now, I'm not directly comparing Cornwall to Stevens, just using Stevens as an example of the small concessions that have to be made to make steady changes.
Yes, it is possible Cornwall has been trying to change things from the inside and we only see the big change 30 years ago because the other changes are less visible. But from how he has acted when we interacted with him I'm not very inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt

freedom.call

Donor
Mar 8, 2018
I guess that was easier than punishing the fornicators. This is what happens with that darn freestyle sex.
Next we'll have freefall sex.

• Haha

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Yes, it is possible Cornwall has been trying to change things from the inside and we only see the big change 30 years ago because the other changes are less visible. But from how he has acted when we interacted with him I'm not very inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt
Don't get me wrong, I'm not painting Cornwall as a hero. The guy is shady as hell.

But I would imagine that Cornwall knows that there is coming a time when the androids will make elves obsolete - the cost of an android, maintenance and all, will probably be cheaper than the lifetime cost of keeping an elf. What happens to a massive population of people who are suddenly unable to work because they're no longer viable and the law makes it impossible for them to work in other jobs. I would also imagine that Cornwall is playing the long game, giving the elves some rights so he can make a major profit when it comes to industries that needs a large, uneducated and untrained workforce.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah, he isn't a good guy, but he is pragmatic and he is just testing the waters while others are trying to talk him into doing more. The sad thing here, is that to really test how these things go, takes years, and nothing with the government every goes quickly. This isn't just some economic theory that can be tested, there are lives at stake and retraining takes time.

There are currently (at least) two major lobbies (that we know of) that have his ear, who are trying to talk him into doing more. K-dad, who represents the corporate lobby, and Autumn's dad, who represents the major religion of the land. Add to that, the MC winning the contest with Lin, showing that treating them with love and kindness works better than being a jackass, and things are starting to move again. We don't know exactly what, but things are working behind the scenes.

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
There are currently (at least) two major lobbies (that we know of) that have his ear, who are trying to talk him into doing more. K-dad, who represents the corporate lobby
I mean, just to be clear, but Kali's father isn't going to improve the lives of elves. He might THINK he will, but going from "slaves that the economy is reliant on" to "fuel source for the machines the economy is reliant on" isn't actually an improvement.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017

To be fair, major changes to the system are rarely popular, but sometimes they need to be made quickly.

Nope, actions speak louder than words and so does lack of action even if only perceived.

I guess that was easier than punishing the fornicators. This is what happens with that darn freestyle sex.
Next we'll have freefall sex.
I'll get the parachutes.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I mean, just to be clear, but Kali's father isn't going to improve the lives of elves. He might THINK he will, but going from "slaves that the economy is reliant on" to "fuel source for the machines the economy is reliant on" isn't actually an improvement.
That is very true, and I don't care for that part of his plan at all (talk about nightmare fuel! lol). I figure with Kali's help though, we can come up with a better plan soon.

That said, he and his new wife are still lobbying to get more rights for elves, even if they are not on the right track.

I mean, Autumn's dad wants them more as followers than fully free people too, so... lol

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That is very true, and I don't care for that part of his plan at all (talk about nightmare fuel! lol). I figure with Kali's help though, we can come up with a better plan soon.

That said, he and his new wife are still lobbying to get more rights for elves, even if they are not on the right track.

I mean, Autumn's dad wants them more as followers than fully free people too, so... lol
Quite literally, I don't think there's an Elf alive who WON'T be having nightmares at the thought of being used as the fuel for those...things. I can't believe I'm saying this, but that actually seems like a worse fate than what they have going on now.

tonnybn

Aug 7, 2020
[QUOTE = "Mark Takagi, bài đăng: 7026596, thành viên: 4298851"]
Những nàng tiên tội nghiệp. :khóc:

Hiện tại, nó đang trong giai đoạn thử nghiệm beta, chúng tôi sẽ sớm có được nó, chỉ cần tiếp tục kiểm tra.
[/TRÍCH DẪN]

Tôi đang hồi hộp chờ đợi từng ngày :)))

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes