torresm

Apr 5, 2020
have at it, if you get it working great. if not, eh...
just try to get it past this one speedbump only eh?
Huh, it was indeed a different variable now... I don't remember it being there before, must've been added in 0.17.2

Anyways, I got it to trigger the event now.

Reactions: TheDevian

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
99 bugs in the repo 99 bugs in the repo, check one out fix it up 101 bugs in the repo!
People like humor, but repeated attempts at such humor that can be seen as an insult to a dev who has produced a great game, that has unfortunately met with a few extra glitches with this release are not funny at all.
Continuing to do that will likely be seen by people as troll behavior and reported to site staff.
Which if seen as bad enough, can result in the disabling of your account.

So, just stop the really tasteless attempts at humor.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
People like humor, but repeated attempts at such humor that can be seen as an insult to a dev who has produced a great game, that has unfortunately met with a few extra glitches with this release are not funny at all.
Continuing to do that will likely be seen by people as troll behavior and reported to site staff.
Which if seen as bad enough, can result in the disabling of your account.

So, just stop the really tasteless attempts at humor.
I'm a software engineer myself and wasn't trying to bash the dev at all if you look at my comment history I'm pretty rabidly pro dev across the board. Bugs and unintended consequences are just a fact of life when coding especially for a zillion different user setups. Their post just reminded me of the alteration to the silly diity "99 bottles of beer on the wall".

My personal favorite coding meme is

1687909033063.jpeg

Cause boy have I been there a lot of times.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
I'm a software engineer myself and wasn't trying to bash the dev at all if you look at my comment history I'm pretty rabidly pro dev across the board. Bugs and unintended consequences are just a fact of life when coding especially for a zillion different user setups. Their post just reminded me of the alteration to the silly diity "99 bottles of beer on the wall".

View attachment 2729229

I did look at your post history, but under the circumstances, what you were posting can very easily be seen as trolling.
Which is why I had not reported your posts already, and ended my post with a plea to stop.

This site has a problem with trolls, and many would latch on to what you were saying in your posts to tear into this game and the dev.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I did look at your post history, but under the circumstances, what you were posting can very easily be seen as trolling.
Which is why I had not reported your posts already, and ended my post with a plea to stop.

This site has a problem with trolls, and many would latch on to what you were saying in your posts to tear into this game and the dev.
So your stance is we not only need to not be a troll, but also never post something a troll could use... You don't think that's a little excessively self curtailing? Trolls are gonna troll regardless of the good faith discussions that happen on these boards. I feel like that's a bit of an over correction.

Suffice to say I don't really agree with you, but if a mod or the dev feels like my post contributes to a hostile environment I'll delete it. It's not my intent but impact matters as much if not more than intent, so if I've caused harm, I'll edit/delete.

Last edited:

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
All I was trying to do, was cut down on what could turn into potential drama, so that Runey could focus on fixing the game.
Instead, rather than say, sure, no problem, you are turning it into drama, by objecting to me asking you to stop posting things like that.
Even if you had prefaced the post with an introduction such as, "I'm a programmer, and I know how it can get, you fix one problem, and two more pop up", it would have been no issue at all.
Please stop.
I have said my piece, and will stop here, rather than let the drama grow.

Reactions: TigerWolfe

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
I'm not getting involved in this, I'm just going to leave this nugget; when you post on the internet, tone does not carry and it can be quite easy for people to misread a comment, especially when it is ambiguously worded or phrased.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I'm not getting involved in this, I'm just going to leave this nugget; when you post on the internet, tone does not carry and it can be quite easy for people to misread a comment, especially when it is ambiguously worded or phrased.
Yep which is why I wasn't bothered by any of the above interaction despite not agreeing with the one poster's stance.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020

View attachment 2729229

As a mid-age IT guy trying to get into dev, I feel this meme.

edit:
Read the last 5-6 posts. I like cheese.

Reactions: HamsterLord

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
Huh, it was indeed a different variable now... I don't remember it being there before, must've been added in 0.17.2

Anyways, I got it to trigger the event now.
cheers, sorry it took so long to reply, had a nap (cold still has me down), will try it out once I've done a couple of things that need doing.

Cheers again.

*edit* yup, event kicks in as soon as I head to MC's room, thanks again... can you tell me (or @ Runey) what the issue was so it can hopefully be sorted for a later build?

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
So is it a good time to download or is there another patch coming?
Do you have a 0.16.x or 0.17.x already? If not, then you could download the current version and only need to download the update patch for 0.17.3 or later.

Otherwise, as always, it depend.
If it is your first, download as, at least from what I've read here, the bugs are in the later part of the game. Therefore there is a lot of content to enjoy.
If you finished 0.16.2, then the new content, without replay from the beginning to see the remade content, their isn't as much content between 0.16.2 and 0.17.x, but as it is Harem Hotel, this means one or two hours.

SHREDDER1976

Feb 25, 2021
I have never seen any split download versions of Harem Hotel posted on F95.
But I have seen update versions posted that require the person to have the previous full version already downloaded, and then they add the update files to it.
Currently the update version is 17.2, and it contains bug fixes for issues found in 17.1, and 17.1 had bug fixes for issues that were found in 17.0.
Harem Hotel [v0.17.2] [Runey] https://f95zone.to/threads/harem-hotel-v0-17-2-runey.12760/

SPLIT
SPOILER
Win/Linux
Part 1
: - - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN
Part 2: - - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN
Part 3: - - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN
Mac
Part 1

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Harem Hotel [v0.17.2] [Runey] https://f95zone.to/threads/harem-hotel-v0-17-2-runey.12760/

SPLIT
SPOILER
Win/Linux
Part 1
Mac
Part 1
I stand corrected.
I stopped looking for multi part downloads a very long time ago for the fact that so often, one of the links will be down. Leaving you with downloaded files that are worthless.
It got to the point that I felt like I was spending more time and bandwidth redownloading everything from a different site. So even with large files, I went straight for the single file downloads to avoid the frustration.
My apologies for my error.

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 453 Votes