danb35

Jul 12, 2023
I seem to be running into the same problem with Maria being stuck at level 30. I have Nia and she's maxed out; I've even gotten to some dialog from Maria referring to events in and after level 31, but the event doesn't happen. Is it possible for me to change the variable in question myself? If not, where would I find a game save on a Mac?

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
I seem to be running into the same problem with Maria being stuck at level 30. I have Nia and she's maxed out; I've even gotten to some dialog from Maria referring to events in and after level 31, but the event doesn't happen. Is it possible for me to change the variable in question myself? If not, where would I find a game save on a Mac?
Post or edit your save in an editor.
Per torresm 's post:

if mar_friendship == 30 and maria.no_delay and time_of_day == 2 and not nia_alert00:
if not hasniasupplies:
c "I should get closer to Nia."
$nia_alert00 = True
jump yourroom
else:
call clearscreen
jump mar_doctest
Change the nia_alert00 from True to False

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
Any idea where I'd find that on a Mac? I saw some references up-thread to where it is on Windows, but I'm having trouble translating that to where I'd need to look on my Mac.
You could open the Console (shift+O) and then just type
nia_alert00 = False
and hit return

If the Console is disabled, you should be able to enable it with UnRen for MacOS, but since I don't have a Mac I've never tested it.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Any idea where I'd find that on a Mac? I saw some references up-thread to where it is on Windows, but I'm having trouble translating that to where I'd need to look on my Mac.
If ZenoMod 's option doesn't work -- I don't know how mac's file structure is setup for the game, but on PC the saves are stored inside the game -> saves folder. I'd see if the file hierarchy is similar and start there.

Reactions: TheDevian

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
btw I just finished coding a small patch for this issue, as a fun exercise. Next person that pops up with the same problem, I'll try employing it and see how it goes.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
btw I just finished coding a small patch for this issue, as a fun exercise. Next person that pops up with the same problem, I'll try employing it and see how it goes.
At this point I'm wondering if we should have the front page edited to include the shift-o fix or see if Runey has another patch on the way before the next major update. We've seen how the broken saves from mods brings the repeated questions, this is only going to keep increasing. At least you spotted the issue.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
At this point I'm wondering if we should have the front page edited to include the shift-o fix or see if Runey has another patch on the way before the next major update. We've seen how the broken saves from mods brings the repeated questions, this is only going to keep increasing. At least you spotted the issue.
I am sure he will, he had to step away for a while, but when he gets back, I am sure he will be on it.

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

LordXamon

Mar 6, 2019
Did someone post any crunched version of this patch? I tried making my own with Yet Another Cruncher, but it doesn't work with the current version of this game.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Did someone post any crunched version of this patch? I tried making my own with Yet Another Cruncher, but it doesn't work with the current version of this game.
I believe only for the base v17, not including the patches. So while you can play through the majority of it, you will run into two small bugs that may or may not bother you until v18. Particularly, Vanessa's quest won't trigger and 1-2 images load empty when you ask (I think it's specifically Kali) for a nude photo while at work/school.

Jun 26, 2023
Reactions: Oldtoothlessbasterd

Enrageder

Jan 10, 2021
Wow, I have to say when I started this game I read no reviews, comments, or walkthroughs so I assumed this was just going to your average harem game.

I have never been glad to be more wrong, the depth you taken with the games story is fantastic, your characters are really well fleshed out, and I really enjoy the world building.

The conflict between the elves and the human is so good! I normally hate the tired humanity bad trope but you've done a great job with how ignorant and vile the people of Syl'anar are. I can't wait for more.
Elder scrolls with less esoteric lore haha

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian
4.70 star(s) 453 Votes