shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Well, that was one hell of a boost, making tech breakthrough from the first pc to a bunch of generations of AI and advanced robotics (hotel android was already outdated by at least two decades!), for some 35-40 years. Tony Stark is crying in the corner :eek:
Personal computer doesn't necessarily mean first gen computers. I know my mom had a used Mac back in the mid 80s and computers as a whole were around longer than that. Without clarification on what exactly they mean by personal computer, the time gap is a bit smaller (but I agree, that is a huge boost in tech growths in this world for the timeline)

Reactions: TheDevian

PElvisTek

Formerly 'Machinencio'
Oct 22, 2017
Oops, sorry that wasn't my intention. :c
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But it is frustrating that people assume my mod can be the cause of bugs when it never is. :c The mod doesn't really change or edit anything existing in the game, it only adds to the game. So problems with things in the base game will never be caused by the mod.

The mod doesn't cause any issues with save compatibility and it hasn't either in the past. This is another frustrating assumption I hear often. :c You can delete the mod and use a save played with the mod in an unmodded game without any issues.
Don't worry my dudette, just tell them the mod isn't responsible. I'm sure they didn't knew. Also nice mod, like always.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Still not working and when i hit sleep it just go to the next day
Keep in mind that many of her old events were remade, so the wiki and maybe the mod (IDK) could be incorrect, if still using the old info. I have not played through them yet though, so I can't say what you need to do now. There might have been some clues in the last event though.

Reactions: Maid Lain

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
DigDug69 I wasn't aware some people had problems when I was gone. Sorry everyone. :(
I'll remove the outfit cheat then if you think that's what caused it. Though like someone said that cheat doesn't unlock any of the story outfits or outfits related to progression, so not sure what the issue could have been.

Still not working and when i hit sleep it just go to the next day
Oops, looks like that was one event that got changed that I missed. Talk to Android in her room when it's morning or evening to trigger it.

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
I'll remove the outfit cheat then if you think that's what caused it. Though like someone said that cheat doesn't unlock any of the story outfits or outfits related to progression, so not sure what the issue could have been.
If it unlocks only "fan service" outfit, and not outfit related to progression... Please, don't remove it: how could it cause a crash? :unsure:

Oops, looks like that was one event that got changed that I missed. Talk to Android in her room when it's morning or evening to trigger it.
Thanks for sharing

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
If they were fan made outfits added by the mod, it would cause a crash, because in the save file it says that they are wearing that outfit, but without that mod being installed, that outfit would be unavailable, which would cause the game to crash.

I don't think that they were fan made outfits added by the mod though, just outfits that were not yet supposed to be available at that time.
But I might be wrong about that.
Possibly stats related to them in the game that did not have the right settings for the player to have access to those outfits yet, without the mod being installed.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
If they were fan made outfits added by the mod, it would cause a crash, because in the save file it says that they are wearing that outfit, but without that mod being installed, that outfit would be unavailable, which would cause the game to crash.

I don't think that they were fan made outfits added by the mod though, just outfits that were not yet supposed to be available at that time.
But I might be wrong about that.
Possibly stats related to them in the game that did not have the right settings for the player to have access to those outfits yet, without the mod being installed.
I think they meant fan service, like ones that are just for looks, that don't affect the story.
As for that, it's hard to say, if there is something in the game, that triggers the unlock, there could be compatibility issues, but only way to find out is to test it.

Reactions: ZenoMod

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
I think they meant fan service, like ones that are just for looks, that don't affect the story.
Yes, by "fan service" I meant something that the original dev does to improove the look of the characters, but that has no consequences on the story.

In Harem Hotel some outfit are "fan service", meaning their sole purpose is giving the player a better lewd experience in repeatable scenes, but if one decides not to buy them they can continue the story progression nonetheless.

Others are not only for looks, but are needed to progress the story (e.g. Maria's bartender outfit).

I think that the only ones that can break the game are those tied to the story progression... (also, I'm far for being a Ren'Py expert, so I could be wrong).

---

Instead, if an outfit is "fan-made", yes: if you save with a character having an unofficial outfit, then remove the mod, that save won't work with the unmodded game.

But, if I've understood correctly, Lain's mod only contains fan-made scenes, not fan-made outfits.

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
It would prolly be easier for Lain to test if we had a specific version + specificly broken save for her to look at to trouble shoot. I briefly looked at the code but didn't notice anything offhand that would have caused problems, but admittedly I'm still very much a junior/novice.

I'm sure if someone digs hard enough through the thread we might still have a picture or two that folks took when bringing it here that might shed some light on it.

Reactions: c3p0 and TheDevian

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Look around (I think) in the thread about the release of version 14, or possibly 15.
I believe that was when Lain went missing, and the problem happened.
Several people had, I think, posted error logs of the crash back then.
But that was hundreds of pages ago.
The only thing that I remember about them, is that they all listed the same outfit as being a problem in the error report, and they all had previously used the mod in earlier releases of the game.
I believe that the outfit was associated with Kali, but I think I also had an issue with one other character and an outfit too, at the same time.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yes, by "fan service" I meant something that the original dev does to improove the look of the characters, but that has no consequences on the story.

In Harem Hotel some outfit are "fan service", meaning their sole purpose is giving the player a better lewd experience in repeatable scenes, but if one decides not to buy them they can continue the story progression nonetheless.

Others are not only for looks, but are needed to progress the story (e.g. Maria's bartender outfit).

I think that the only ones that can break the game are those tied to the story progression... (also, I'm far for being a Ren'Py expert, so I could be wrong).

---

Instead, if an outfit is "fan-made", yes: if you save with a character having an unofficial outfit, then remove the mod, that save won't work with the unmodded game.

But, if I've understood correctly, Lain's mod only contains fan-made scenes, not fan-made outfits.
If I remember correctly, most of those are unlocked by having a stat at a certain level, so there could be issues either now, or once scenes are added for it, for the new ones. Hard to say what might happen. lol

Reactions: ZenoMod

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Incredible, coming back after a year I am so impressed by the writing here. The city exploration scenes are fantastic, the world building is top-notch. This game should be the highest rated on the site, it is by far the best.

Reactions: TheDevian

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
I tried going to the hot springs a dozen times, nothing triggers the next level :cry:
If you share a save at the point where you're stuck, I can try to see if I see the issue.
Without a save, I'm blind.
One thing to note is that patch 0.17 combined Android's level 19 and 20 events into a single new event for level 19, but it left a hole where event 20 used to be. The new event 19 will level you up straight to 21, but if you were at 20 before the 0.17 patch you're stuck and will require some save editing before you can progress again, or wait until this issue is patched.

The Halo

Jan 19, 2018
how does the split download work? i downloaded all 3 parts and extracted the first rar so i have a zip. but when i want to extract the second one it gives me a error halfway and just stops. if i try to extract the resulting zips so they land in the same folder 7zip just wants to overwrite. did i get 2 bad downloads for part 2 and 3 or is it something else i am doing wrong?

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
how does the split download work? i downloaded all 3 parts and extracted the first rar so i have a zip. but when i want to extract the second one it gives me a error halfway and just stops. if i try to extract the resulting zips so they land in the same folder 7zip just wants to overwrite. did i get 2 bad downloads for part 2 and 3 or is it something else i am doing wrong?
Having never used the Harem Hotel split downloads, but having experience with others, I will say what my experience was.

With Winrar split downloads: You start the extraction with the first file, and it would automatically go to the second file and then third and so on until all of the files were extracted and placed in one single folder.
As long as all of the parts were in the same folder, it would find the pieces and extract them into the one folder.

Also, something to remember, some file compression software programs do not like multipart files that were created by other programs.

That zip file may be the combination of all of the file parts, now in one file.
Try extracting that zip file into a folder.
You might just find Harem Hotel inside of it.

The Halo

Jan 19, 2018
With Winrar split downloads: You start the extraction with the first file, and it would automatically go to the second file and then third and so on until all of the files were extracted and placed in one single folder.
As long as all of the parts were in the same folder, it would find the pieces and extract them into the one folder.

That zip file may be the combination of all of the file parts, now in one file.
Try extracting that zip file into a folder.
You might just find Harem Hotel inside of it.
my problem is that the rar files part 2 and part 3 while in the same folder dont extract after i start part 1 and the right click context menu option of join files doesnt recognise them as being part of the same group. if i try to extract them after part 1 finished they want to overwrite the extracted portion of part 1 since that one isnt named with a number in either of the 3 parts.
part 2 and 3 if i try to extract them solo just fail at around 60 percent without a clearly defined error. selecting all 3 and pressing the extract files option in the right click menu only extracts the first. i always only end with a 12 gb file which is the content of the first part and fails to extract as a zip giving a error of being incomplete or something.

Last edited:

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
my problem is that the rar files part 2 and part 3 while in the same folder dont extract after i start part 1 and the right click context menu option of join files doesnt recognise them as being part of the same group. if i try to extract them after part 1 finished they want to overwrite the extracted portion of part 1 since that one isnt named with a number in either of the 3 parts.
part 2 and 3 if i try to extract them solo just fail at around 60 percent without a clearly defined error. selecting all 3 and pressing the extract files option in the right click menu only extracts the first. i always only end with a 12 gb file which is the content of the first part and fails to extract as a zip giving a error of being incomplete or something.
Try another file compression program like Winrar.
As I said before, some programs do not like multipart compressed files that were created by other programs.
Winrar is pretty compatible with others.

4.70 star(s) 453 Votes