ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
lmao, it's called love. And it has only been mentioned a handful of times.
love my ass ... i wanna give "MY MC's LOVE " to Autumn but nooooooooooooo ... you won't let us ..... you don't know LOVE ... mean a-hole :LOL:
jk jk .... awesome game Runey

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

• Haha
Reactions: KonfinedKnat

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
Hmm, there was one variable that was reporting Android as not having the kit yet, which as you said is impossible at this point.
Try this one now. I changed it to Page 4 so it doesn't overwrite your previous save, just in case something goes wrong.

Reactions: TheDevian

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Hmm, there was one variable that was reporting Android as not having the kit yet, which as you said is impossible at this point.
Try this one now. I changed it to Page 4 so it doesn't overwrite your previous save, just in case something goes wrong.
Which is weird, since the variable was likely needed for some of the other events that required said human kit. That save is all kinds of weird

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
Which is weird, since the variable was likely needed for some of the other events that required said human kit. That save is all kinds of weird
Funnily enough, this one variable was only ever used as a check on this Lin event. I guess any other event just looked at the relationship level, since the human kit's ownership would be implied.

jayremark

Dec 25, 2018
It worked, thank you very much. Yeah I really don't know how it happened, but now I can finally progress. That was holding up like 3 other people's story lines

Reactions: torresm

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
I do mean relationship level. I don't know how it's not letting me progress with Lin. It's telling me I dont have that one for Android.

""""""I had to have, I can't buy it again. And Andorid is relationship level 37, which is higher than the relationship level that that quest is for. """""""
If I remember correctly, events are tied to certain stat levels.
If you do anything to tweak the stats and raise them, you can miss events, because it will not trigger at a higher level than is called for in the code.

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
<attached file 4-1-LT1.save>
I have loaded your save from my v0.17.2 with Lain's mod for v0.17.2 (*) and a message from Lain appeared:
- It looks like Runey bugged your save game

- Clicking here should fix it for you ^_^
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I clicked, then I followed Lain's inline walkthrough: I went to Lin's door, chose * Talk * and Lin's next event triggered.

So I guess that the bug you're reporting has been already addressed in Lain's mod v0.17.2

---
(*) IMPORTANT: HOW I UPDATED to v0.17.2 both the original game and Lain's mod:

1. Unzipped an untouched Runey's official v0.17
  2. Applied Runey's official patch "from v0.16+ to v0.17.2"
  3. Applied Lain's mod for HH v0.17.2

I think it's important to follow this strict order, because I previously I had a working HH v0.17 with Lain's mod v0.17, but when tried to apply first the patch then the new Lain's mod I had issues.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
I have loaded your save from my v0.17.2 with Lain's mod for v0.17.2 (*) and a message from Lain appeared:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I clicked, then I followed Lain's inline walkthrough: I went to Lin's door, chose * Talk * and Lin's next event triggered.

So I guess that the bug you're reporting has been already addressed in Lain's mod v0.17.2

---
(*) IMPORTANT: HOW I UPDATED to v0.17.2 both the original game and Lain's mod:

1. Unzipped an untouched Runey's official v0.17
  2. Applied Runey's official patch "from v0.16+ to v0.17.2"
  3. Applied Lain's mod for HH v0.17.2

I think it's important to follow this strict order, because I previously I had a working HH v0.17 with Lain's mod v0.17, but when tried to apply first the patch then the new Lain's mod I had issues.
Well, it's cool that Lain's mod can be used to fix that stuff. I do find the wording on that message a bit petty...
It's not like Runey is creating these bugs on purpose, or even by mistake - I couldn't find anything in his code that could explain these recent issues with variables resetting themselves.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Well, it's cool that Lain's mod can be used to fix that stuff. I do find the wording on that message a bit petty...
It's not like Runey is creating these bugs on purpose, or even by mistake - I couldn't find anything in his code that could explain these recent issues with variables resetting themselves.
Yeah, that wording is seriously fucked up.
Less accusatory would have been to simply say that "Runey may have caused a glitch with recent changes. Here is a fix.".

Was the person with the issue using the mod now, or in the past?
I don't see any references, or anyone even asking that question.
That is an important question to ask, because with so many past events having been changed, and the mod for Harem Hotel being so much more complex than most mods, a change in past events can just as easily throw off something in the mod, causing a glitch like that.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2023
If you haven't already progressed on Vanessa's side story, it's skipped on new saves. One or two nudes loads an empty image(new feature requesting a girl to send you a nude, works mostly).

Otherwise you can play 99% of the content just fine (I did a new save and this is what I encountered and have seen reported).
Thanks for the info, if I didn't delete it, I have a save game from v0.16, didn't meet Vanessa yet; I guess it will be working.

About the bugs in v0.17 I think the answer given to you by shadowtempered is correct.

About JoyPlay I don't know, because I play HaremHotel on PC, but I have read somewhere in this thread that the JoiPlay available on Play Store has some issue, while the one downloadable from JoyPlay's webpage is better.
Only the joiplay available on the patreon page for joiplay will work.
The joiplay available at the Google play store will not work for Harem Hotel.
Yes, JoiPlay, Ren'py and RPG Maker plugins on PlayStore are far outdated. The Patreon version of Ren'py plugin is pretty updated, supports the last 7.x.x version and Ren'py 8.0.3 (the latest Ren'py engine release is 8.1.1).

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
The one that I just fixed? I'd assume it had no mods since it loaded and played fine on my un-modded version.
In the case of Lain's mod, you can also tell by the lack of a "Mod" button in the save's thumbnail.

1688685705763.png

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
About the wording, I think Lain's intent was just a joke, not an accusation.

---

About the origin of the bug, I'm afraid I'm not skilled enough... yet.
By the way, since I'd like to improve my skills, may I ask you if you use a sort of IDE to debug .rpy files?

I mean: I'm spoiled by C# in Visual Studio. There if I want to change a variable name I just right click it, select "Refactor" and Visual Studio does the refactoring without messing up with strings that happen to contain the variable name as a substring etc.
I can set breakpoints, and follow step by step...
If i click on a function it navigates me to its definition...
etc.

Is there someting similar for .rpy files?

Because right now I just open them in Atom which has the visual aid of syntax highlight, but the only find and replace are string based.

---

In short: any suggestion for a noob wannabe less-noob? :) Thanks in advance

Last edited:

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
The one that I just fixed? I'd assume it had no mods since it loaded and played fine on my un-modded version.
In the case of Lain's mod, you can also tell by the lack of a "Mod" button in the save's thumbnail.

View attachment 2750156
It would only have the mod symbol, if you had the mod installed.
I used to use the mod, and I noticed that it would play fine, until it hit an issue that the code could not deal with.

Example:
In the mod it gave you the ability to buy some outfits and get the girls to wear them early.
If you had used the mod to get one of the girls to wear that outfit, the game would crash when entering their room, if you did not have the mod installed on that release.
It would say right in the crash report that it was an issue with the outfit that she was wearing.
If you had not had the girl wearing that outfit, there would be no crash.
It's not a crash happening, I know, but I think it could be a possibility, which is why I think it is very important to find out if they are using a mod in this game, and any game.
So testing out one event in that save had a fair chance of not crashing the game if that save was one that was created with the mod installed.

Especially when the mod allows people to raise all of their stats to higher levels, and potentially miss events because of that.
Which, from their description, sounded a lot like what was happening.
A stat was too high, so they could not complete an event, because the stat was too high, to trigger the event.
When it says in the wiki that a certain stat needs to be 37, but they have that stat at 38, the event will not happen.

Last edited:

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Thanks for the info, if I didn't delete it, I have a save game from v0.16, didn't meet Vanessa yet; I guess it will be working.
Sadly it won't - it affects any "start". You might be ok if you slow down Kali's quest line to focus on the other girls so you can visit her at school, but I'm not sure if that's a work around or not. Once you push Kali's questline to far, you miss the opportunity, which is why Runey had to add a bug fix for it. My wording on "new save" kinda assumed you had finished all previous content on your save to avoid the bug :(

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
About the wording, I think Lain intent was just a joke, not an accusation.
Hmm, it could be. I'm not familiar with her tbh, so I can't really tell, and this is the kind of stuff that can be hard to convey on text.

About the origin of the bug, I'm afraid I'm not skilled enough... yet.
By the way, since I'd like to improve my skills, may I ask you if you use a sort of IDE to debug .rpy files?

I mean: I'm spoiled by C# in Visual Studio. There if I want to change a variable name I just right click it, select "Refactor" and Visual Studio does the refactoring without messing up with strings that happen to contain the variable name as a substring etc.
I can set breakpoints, and follow step by step...
If i click on a function it navigates me to its definition...
etc.

Is there someting similar for .rpy files?

Because right now I just open them in Atom which has the visual aid of syntax highlight, but the only find and replace are string based.

---

In short: any suggestion for a noob wannabe less-noob? :) Thanks in advance
Fair warning: I'm also a noob at this. :KEK:

And that's basically what I'm doing too, only it's Notepad++ instead of Atom (probably no difference for this use).
I don't know if there is an IDE available somewhere, but Runey's coding style and the way RenPy works in general makes it easy to follow what's happening just by reading the scripts, even having no experience with Python.

Also, the issues I've been seeing are mostly caused by statements failing to trigger due to variables having wrong/unexpected values instead of actual errors in the code. Take the last one as an example: Lin's level 26 event checks for a boolean called bothashuman to see if you've already gave the human kit to Android. Searching for that var, you'll find that going through Android's level 24 event changes its value to True, and it's never modified again, but in that user's save it was False for some reason.
I just changed it back using the console and the issue was fixed.

Oh yeah, I do suggest enabling the console if you plan on messing around with this stuff too. I know you can also enable a developer mode somewhere but I don't know what it does.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yeah, that wording is seriously fucked up.
Less accusatory would have been to simply say that "Runey may have caused a glitch with recent changes. Here is a fix.".

I don't see any references, or anyone even asking that question.
That is an important question to ask, because with so many past events having been changed, and the mod for Harem Hotel being so much more complex than most mods, a change in past events can just as easily throw off something in the mod, causing a glitch like that.
Or maybe "something may have happened", since a lot of these bugs are caused by people editing things they should not.

View attachment 2750156
I have loaded at least one confirmed modded save on my unmodded gamed, so she seems to have not locked them so far.

Last edited:

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
Or maybe "something may have happened", since most of these bugs are caused by people editing things they should not.

I have loaded at least one confirmed modded save on my unmodded gamed, so she seems to have not locked them so far.
I think Lain changed something in how her mod works a few updates back to supposedly make it easier for players to remove it from the game without causing issues. I haven't used the mod in quite a while, so I don't know how well it works. Runey also did a rework of the file format a few updates ago to make it easier for players to just install updated files instead of the entire game. That may help with using Lain's mod, too.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Or maybe "something may have happened", since a lot of these bugs are caused by people editing things they should not.

True, there is also the Renpy save editor online which can easily change the stats and settings in the game.
Which with this game can be a very bad thing to do.

4.70 star(s) 453 Votes