KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
Segmenting a game is the second biggest reason I stop playing that game!.
The first being the game gets abandoned. :(
So glad Runey hasn't segmented HH.
Nothing worse then having to have multiple folders for 1 game,
Then having to Stop and save at the end of a segment,
Then start a new EXE for each segment!,
Each time I want to do a new full playthrough of a game.
It kills my mood for that game so fast!.
The biggest problem I've had with some of the games that will be split into "Chapters" is that there will invariably be problems when trying to transfer the save from the previous "chapter" to the new one. At best, you might get some sort of "questionnaire" asking you about whatever choices/preferences you made in previous parts; however, I've had way too many times where the previous save either didn't transfer over, had choices/preferences not match my actual gameplay, or were horribly broken beyond use.

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
whelp guess im never playing this game again. 11gb is too much for this lower end laptop. takes too long and cancels. kinda wish the dev would just segment the game into parts like some others have done. like the first half and second half to where it is or something cause ive been playing this for a very long time and now its too much.
Are you talking about running problems or about downloading problems?

If running problems, I can't help you (except suggesting you to try the compressed version by SonsOLiberty that is 5.75 GB for the v0.17 full release, and 573 MB for the "v0.16 to v0.17" patch).

If downloading problems, I had the same issue (due to my poor internet connection, not to my PC). I tryed using JDownloader 2, as suggested to me on this thread, but it didn't solve the issue for me (when the connection timeouted, no resume was possible... same as downloading directly from the browser: even with JDownloader 2, the only option was to try again from zero).

Then I tried extension for Chrome and it did solve the issue for me.
It automatically divides the file in three segments and simultaneously opens three connections downloading in parallel. If one of these connections times out, it is automatically resumed without any user intervention.
No more 40% downloaded partial file to be thrown away and restart from zero!
I launched it, went to bed, and the day after the file was downloaded even if my internet connection is slow and unstable.

I cannot guarantee that Turbo Download Manager will solve your issue too, but it's worth giving it a try. If it doesn't solve the issue, maybe you can give a try to JDownloader too - since it didn't solved the issue for me, but it has been suggested to me, so I guess it did solved similar issues for who suggested it to me.

---

Besides, for downloading problems, in the front page of this thread, if you open the SPOILER box under the "SPLIT" title, you can download latest full release (v0.17.2) convenientely split into 3 rar part files of 5GB, 5GB, and 2GB.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I suggest you to use the Mega links by the following procedure:
  1. Install the Mega app for desktop
  2. On the Mega download page choose the "Download with Mega app for desktop" option
rather than downloading it directly from the browser, because in my experience the Mega app for desktop has always managed my frequent loss of connection resuming the download as soon as my internet connection became available again without throwing away the already downloaded part.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xlr271

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Is there anything you can do to avoid
? Or is that set in stone? Cause it felt kinda shitty last time.
My thoughts on that are that it is setting up an opening for a much cuter new queen.
If, we can get TheDevian to stop patting her head long enough to put the crown on it.

Lin Head pats.png
or even OTBLin.gif

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
If downloading problems, I had the same issue (due to my poor internet connection, not to my PC). I tryed using JDownloader 2, as suggested to me on this thread, but it didn't solve the issue for me (when the connection timeouted, no resume was possible... same as downloading directly from the browser: even with JDownloader 2, the only option was to try again from zero).
That is strange, I use it all the time, and only once did I have a problem where it would start over every time it lost connection, and that was an issue with that one host/file or something. Never ran into it again, and I have connection issues all the time. Some days I can't even watch a youtube video without it freezing every 10 sec.

Reactions: ZenoMod

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022
That is strange, I use it all the time, and only once did I have a problem where it would start over every time it lost connection, and that was an issue with that one host/file or something. Never ran into it again, and I have connection issues all the time. Some days I can't even watch a youtube video without it freezing every 10 sec.
Maybe I stepped in a similar unlucky case at my first and last attempt. I didn't test JDownloader thoroughly: I had the "urgency" to download the 1,4 GB patch "from v0.16 to v0.17.2", so when the first attempt with JDownloader did not solve the issue I just googled for another download manager, found Turbo Download Manager, installed it, and it worked.

Reactions: TheDevian

nghuytoan1

Sep 10, 2017
Where did you find those two versions for Android?
Can you please provide a link to and/or a screenshot of the page where you found them?

Because I have the suspect that another patch v0.17.2 = 1.4gb is just this file on Page 1 of this thread...

which is 1.4 GB and is the same of this one on :

...if so, it is neither an Android version, nor a full release for any system.

As its name suggest it's just a PATCH: something that you ADD to a previous working release to obtain a new working release.

But if you just download the PATCH, it will not run on any system - on its own.

As it is clearly written on Runey's itch.io page, it "REQUIRES v0.16+" meaning that it won't work alone. You have to add it to a previous installation (v0.16 or v0.17 or v0.17.1) and you must know where to extract the files it contains.

(Basically a patch is just a trailer you can attach to your car to transport more luggage, but it hasn't an engine: won't move without a working car, and won't move if attached to the wrong car model)
Yes you're right, maybe I just downloaded these wrong two of pc version. My bad english so...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Maybe I stepped in a similar unlucky case at my first and last attempt. I didn't test JDownloader thoroughly: I had the "urgency" to download the 1,4 GB patch "from v0.16 to v0.17.2", so when the first attempt with JDownloader did not solve the issue I just googled for another download manager, found Turbo Download Manager, installed it, and it worked.
I have been using it for years now, it's usually pretty good, but I am rarely in a rush, so I don't watch it close, but seeing something not finish as long as it is a good link.

Jun 26, 2023
If running problems, I can't help you (except suggesting you to try the compressed version by SonsOLiberty that is 5.75 GB for the v0.17 full release, and 573 MB for the "v0.16 to v0.17" patch).

How bad are the bugs in v0.17?
My gaming phone do not have enough free space for using the non-compressed v0.17.2, and I never use my working/everyday phone for (adult) gaming.

EDIT:
Don't know if this happens to you, but I found that JoiPlay fails, also takes a lot of time, trying to load .rpa files stored in a SD memory card.

Last edited:

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
My gaming phone do not have enough free space for using the non-compressed v0.17.2, and I never use my working/everyday phone for (adult) gaming.
If you haven't already progressed on Vanessa's side story, it's skipped on new saves. One or two nudes loads an empty image(new feature requesting a girl to send you a nude, works mostly).

Otherwise you can play 99% of the content just fine (I did a new save and this is what I encountered and have seen reported).

ZenoMod

Nov 12, 2022

EDIT:
Don't know if this happens to you, but I found that JoiPlay fails, also takes a lot of time, trying to load .rpa files stored in a SD memory card.
About the bugs in v0.17 I think the answer given to you by shadowtempered is correct.

About JoiPlay I don't know, because I play HaremHotel on PC, but I have read somewhere in this thread that the JoiPlay available on Play Store has some issue, while the one downloadable from JoyPlay's webpage is better.

--- EDIT ---
Oh, I've found the warning. It is right in the instructions on the first post of this thread:

Last edited:

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019

EDIT:
Only the joiplay available on the patreon page for joiplay will work.
The joiplay available at the Google play store will not work for Harem Hotel.

ALJXII

Sep 20, 2022
The Android handjob scene doesn't play for me anymore, it just progresses to the next day normally.
Full disclosure: I am using a save from 0.16.2 that used Lains mod and I also installed Lains mod for 0.17.2.
Honestly this is probably on me.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
The Android handjob scene doesn't play for me anymore, it just progresses to the next day normally.
Full disclosure: I am using a save from 0.16.2 that used Lains mod and I also installed Lains mod for 0.17.2.
Honestly this is probably on me.
It's possible.
It is not uncommon for mods to sometimes cause issues, and Lain's mod has a history of causing crashes in Harem Hotel when you try to use saves that were made with the mod installed, in a newer version that does not have the mod, as an example.

Sadly, since there have been no other reports of that issue from people who do not use the mod that I have seen, there is no way to know if it is glitch in the game or just a glitch in the mod.

I used to use the mod also, but got tired of dealing with glitches that could not be traced back to either the game or the mod definitively.
I have had far fewer problems with the game since then.

Try mentioning the issue in the thread for Lain's mod and maybe someone there can help you.

• Thinking Face

jayremark

Dec 25, 2018
Are you talking relationship or obedience? Because Android relationship 37 should be damn near the end of her story, I don't see how you could have gotten her that far without Lin. If you're talking obedience, that only impacts things you can do with them, not their actual story. You might have your events off via the walk through if you're using the wrong stat.
I do mean relationship level. I don't know how it's not letting me progress with Lin. It's telling me I dont have that one for Android.

The walkthrough is here.

If you bought the outfit, did you get the mail? Did you give it to her?
I had to have, I can't buy it again. And Andorid is relationship level 37, which is higher than the relationship level that that quest is for. So I don't know why I can't progress with Lin. Her relationship level coincides with the wiki saying to give Android the Human Outfit. But given my android level, and the fact I cannot buy the outfit again, I gave Android the outfit. But my Lin still will not progress

Last edited:

jayremark

Dec 25, 2018
When in doubt, check the wiki! It has a guide.
I've looked at the wiki! The thing is, my Android is relationship 37. Which is higher than the quest for the human outfit. But Lin is stuck on level 26, saying I need to progress with Ani. On the wiki, Lin's progress event is giving the human outfit to Android. But I can't buy the human outfit again, I've already done that, AND my Android relationship level is 37. Which shows me I am past that event. But Lin still can't progress.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
I've looked at the wiki! The thing is, my Android is relationship 37. Which is higher than the quest for the human outfit. But Lin is stuck on level 26, saying I need to progress with Ani. On the wiki, Lin's progress event is giving the human outfit to Android. But I can't buy the human outfit again, I've already done that, AND my Android relationship level is 37. Which shows me I am past that event. But Lin still can't progress.
I can take a look at your save if you want. Is this an old save btw? If it is, it might be related to the latest changes in Android's route.

jayremark

Dec 25, 2018
I can take a look at your save if you want. Is this an old save btw? If it is, it might be related to the latest changes in Android's route.
How would I be able to let you see the save? I think it is, I don't think I've fully restarted in a few updates

4.70 star(s) 453 Votes