Hentai1987

Apr 16, 2018
Please don't confuse people into thinking that this is a hidden NTR game. It might upset half the community if not more.
View attachment 3105314
On the other hand, it will give a lot of funny responses though.
NTR at it's finest people.
honestly, the entire story of Harem Hotel would have worked even if you removed the male protagonist and replace it with Maria. If would not even be necessary to change a lot of her backstory.

Feb 27, 2020
I think it's funny that they think anything that could he interpreted as anticapitalist, is the "safest imaginable political position", in our very very capitalist world. Serious uneducated and big mad energy simultaneously.
capitalism recuperates and sells any critique of it. look at Che Guevara t-shirts or that squid game reality show.

hey runey have one of the characters read mark fisher to us

Reactions: TigerWolfe

hochlander

Oct 16, 2017
I kind of see where some people are coming from. When I first found this game there was a lot less social justice and more action. In my opinion it feels like a lot of what originally attracted me to this game has been left in the dust. I wish there was more focus on interpersonal relationships than political/ideological ones. That being said, Runey is still the most trustworthy dev I've seen on this site and the spider web of a story they have crafted so far is actually interesting. And to be fair, as freeloaders, we really don't have a right to complain. It is what it is. I plan on cancelling some subs soon and Runey is on the top of my list to pick up.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
I wish there was more focus on interpersonal relationships than political/ideological ones
Peoples' political and ideological beliefs shape their interpersonal interactions... This is only a complaint because the views being espoused don't mirror your own.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Peoples' political and ideological beliefs shape their interpersonal interactions... This is only a complaint because the views being espoused don't mirror your own.
Which, is why F95 does not allow people to bring politics into their comments here.
People will disagree with them, and fighting will happen.
No politics allowed, makes it easy for them to deal with, without taking sides.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
This discussion about social justice is confusing to me. If you consider that Runey is writing with US politics in mind, then the MC striving for freedom, is actually a conservative position. Usually, the people who strive for equality (which MC isn't doing directly), look towards the government to encapsulate that equality into law, and do oversight.
Social Justice is not an American concept, unless your knowledge of history only goes back to 2016. Your usage of conservativism and everything makes me think this is the case. Most revolutionaries who fought for our freedom are "Liberals" in the global sense (not the modern American-centric sense). Liberal meaning Free. This is where the statue of "Liberty" comes from. AKA, the statue of freedom. To conserve in this case would mean to bring back the monarchies. There is so much more to history than the last 10 years of the US.

The reason we have freedom is in large due to revolutionary protestors overthrowing their governments, mostly violently. Such as the French Revolution, Boston Tea Party, and many many more. None of them were trying to conserve the past or use legal means to gain their freedom, because that fails. People in power don't give up their power from being asked nicely.

The history of liberation and the fight for freedom for all people is what I take inspiration from, going back hundreds of years and all around the world.

Harem Hotel is a mix of both, and I think It's very even-handed with its political/philosophical messaging. There is social justice, in the sense that Elves are facing injustice. And while the MC cares about that, he cares about his 'charges' first. This is also a much more dystopian situation, where big government is a reality, as is government surveillance. This is the result of humans wanting to be safe instead of free, the opposite of the conservative position. So, very even-handed if you ask me.
Every character faces social injustice, among many other types of injustice, such as political and economic injustice. I wrote MC in a way where he cares about the world through his favorite people because caring about the world first and people second is unfortunately not really how humans work. We're more selfish. Most want to live for their loved ones, you know?

No, they do not want to be "safe", they want to be "free". They are putting themselves in grave danger for freedom.

capitalism recuperates and sells any critique of it. look at Che Guevara t-shirts or that squid game reality show.

hey runey have one of the characters read mark fisher to us
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Harem Hotel is free and always will be if I can keep it that way. I think all books should be. There are an infinite amount of copies of HH in the digital era. Donations put food on my table, clothes on my back, and well much more. I'm very lucky to not simply survive, but thrive with my work.

I kind of see where some people are coming from. When I first found this game there was a lot less social justice and more action. In my opinion it feels like a lot of what originally attracted me to this game has been left in the dust. I wish there was more focus on interpersonal relationships than political/ideological ones. That being said, Runey is still the most trustworthy dev I've seen on this site and the spider web of a story they have crafted so far is actually interesting. And to be fair, as freeloaders, we really don't have a right to complain. It is what it is. I plan on cancelling some subs soon and Runey is on the top of my list to pick up.
90% of each character's story focuses on personal relationships between characters where politics and ideology are in the background. It's all about the characters, first and foremost. If it was not about the characters, I would just cut out the slice of life, character growth, relationship development, drama, sex, outfits, etc etc and cut straight to random people you don't know whipping out the guillotines. But what fun is that? A reader needs to be invested to continue reading, and HH isn't a history lesson or a documentary. Within a story, you cannot jump to the boss fight and retain the same emotional impact and catharsis you would have if you connected to the main characters and want to see them thrive, and the enemy vanquished.

Since most people are probably aware of One Piece, and our stories share similar themes, try considering what that story is about and what it focuses on. The characters are the focus, each one of them has a different political theme (being a slave, being from royalty, being dirt poor, oppressed by the world government, etc) and each one of them has a dream they want to achieve that is prevented by outside forces, and each battle is a battle of ideology in the background. But we fall in love with the characters and their growth first and foremost. How they connect, how they disagree and fight each other, how they grow, how they love. This is a very similar formula to HH.

Last edited:

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I could do with some more Ann content in the game btw... we need some melanin in the cast.
Since the request lines are open....
We need Autumn in our bed...
Please...
Pretty please...
Sniffles....
Pretty pretty please...
She doesn't have to do anything yet, but just be there....

zickyjork

Aug 2, 2017
90% of each character's story focuses on personal relationships between characters where politics and ideology are in the background. It's all about the characters, first and foremost. If it was not about the characters, I would just cut out the slice of life, character growth, relationship development, drama, sex, outfits, etc etc and cut straight to random people you don't know whipping out the guillotines. But what fun is that? A reader needs to be invested to continue reading, and HH isn't a history lesson or a documentary. Within a story, you cannot jump to the boss fight and retain the same emotional impact and catharsis you would have if you connected to the main characters and want to see them thrive, and the enemy vanquished.

Since most people are probably aware of One Piece, and our stories share similar themes, try considering what that story is about and what it focuses on. The characters are the focus, each one of them has a different political theme (being a slave, being from royalty, being dirt poor, oppressed by the world government, etc) and each one of them has a dream they want to achieve that is prevented by outside forces, and each battle is a battle of ideology in the background. But we fall in love with the characters and their growth first and foremost. How they connect, how they disagree and fight each other, how they grow, how they love. This is a very similar formula to HH.
One of the only games where I actually enjoy reading and participating in the story. This right here is why

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Since the request lines are open....
We need Autumn in our bed...
Please...
Pretty please...
Sniffles....
Pretty pretty please...
She doesn't have to do anything yet, but just be there....
It is not as if sleeping with the others includes sex anyway, I just want to cuddle. XD

4.70 star(s) 453 Votes