wapoww

Sep 8, 2020
That's not what I mean. It's the plot point, the challenge the player/reader faces. Is it the creation of the harem the plot point? Or is it going to be something else? I know the game is named Harem Hotel, I'm curious.

antherus79

Jun 7, 2022
That's not what I mean. It's the plot point, the challenge the player/reader faces. Is it the creation of the harem the plot point? Or is it going to be something else? I know the game is named Harem Hotel, I'm curious.
The setup is that your grandfather died, leaving you with a failing hotel business he started. When the game starts you have the receptionist working there, along with a slave elf (Lin). There is one resident living there at the start, Kali. Your task is to turn the hotel from a failure into a thriving business, along with making it a stable and happy home for the ladies that come to live there.

As your relationships with the ladies progress, the plot thickens and what started out as a simple business simulator becomes something much more, and the main character will find himself embroiled in an abolitionist movement to end slavery and overthrow a corrupt and oppressive government.

Reactions: c3p0 and TheDevian

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
You mean the main theme/ story arc of this game?
Quite frankly, I don't think there is one. Dev might has\ had something in mind, but it is five years now. People change their mind all the time, and there is also reaction from players. So it is possible dev just dump whatever is in their mind.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Quite frankly, I don't think there is one. Dev might has\ had something in mind, but it is five years now. People change their mind all the time, and there is also reaction from players. So it is possible dev just dump whatever is in their mind.
Read the post two posts above yours.
It pretty accurately describes the game.
Especially the end of it.
The last release had a lot of content for the freeing the slaves and overthrowing the government.
And the next release is reported to have more, on their patreon page.
And this by the way, comes from your own post, only one page ago.

" v0.18 is planned to include very interesting story developments from the events of v0.17 and I think you'll all really enjoy what I have planned and have already made. Something big is near on the horizon that will see many (but not all) of our protagonists team up for a single event, which is a part of my greater plan for a nexus event where all of the main character's events converge into one story. This won't happen for a very long time though. That nexus event may even be the final story event, but that's so far in the future that I can't say for sure. "

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
Read the post two posts above yours.
It pretty accurately describes the game.
Especially the end of it.
The last release had a lot of content for the freeing the slaves and overthrowing the government.
And the next release is reported to have more, on their patreon page.
And this by the way, comes from your own post, only one page ago.

" v0.18 is planned to include very interesting story developments from the events of v0.17 and I think you'll all really enjoy what I have planned and have already made. Something big is near on the horizon that will see many (but not all) of our protagonists team up for a single event, which is a part of my greater plan for a nexus event where all of the main character's events converge into one story. This won't happen for a very long time though. That nexus event may even be the final story event, but that's so far in the future that I can't say for sure. "
Yep. That is the story FOR NOW. Did the game start with this story in mind? Will this game end this way? We cannot say for sure.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Runey

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
Yep. That is the story FOR NOW. Did the game start with this story in mind? Will this game end this way? We cannot say for sure.
Actually, once they got the current people that live in the hotel, there were all kinds of clues that A: they were going to in some way, fight the corrupt government, because they often referred to it, and B: try to do something to help the elves.
Multiple releases have had content that were focused on helping the elves.
So, both are highly unlikely to change.

Runey, unlike some devs has been extremely good at sticking with their planned goal for the game, and has talked about it more than a few times in this thread...
The good devs, and Runey is one of them, stay on track with their planned goals for their games.
The devs who get sidetracked by constantly caving in to the whims of players, rarely ever finish their games, because they lose site of the goal, or the players whims make achieving it, impossible.

Last edited:

wapoww

Sep 8, 2020
The person above me said the plot is about the player abolishing slavery.

Reactions: TheDevian

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
The plot is about ending slavery as much as it is about ending poverty, monopolies, corruption, and any other type of oppression. There are 8 main stories which all involve fighting for freedom. Slice of life stuff happens too.
I thought it was to crush our enemies. See them driven before us. And to hear the lamentation of the women.

4.70 star(s) 453 Votes