shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Is the changelog accurate for the version?
Seems odd that after over a year of no updates, the only thing added would be like 5 scenes/events
Not odd if you dig around and find out the whole story for why it's taken this long.

TLDR: death in the family, legal stuff surrounding it, sick, moved continents, vacation. Whether or not you support those reasons as valid for the length of developed content is up to you.

Reactions: TheDevian

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
Not odd if you dig around and find out the whole story for why it's taken this long.

TLDR: death in the family, legal stuff surrounding it, sick, moved continents, vacation. Whether or not you support those reasons as valid for the length of developed content is up to you.
Damn that suck Was going to ask cause the search isn't working for some reason

Rickardur

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
i have a small issue with the newest version, when I have the final quest of kate it'll just give me a bunch of errors and after that the game is just borked, wont do anything anymore

Reactions: Metalmania

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I only found this game yesterday, and the only version i played is this beta. When the official version comes out, would it be possible to continue from my saves without experiencing the bugs? It would suck to have to start over
Use the one on Itch or on Runey's Patreon site as his game is free, so...

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Is the changelog accurate for the version?
Seems odd that after over a year of no updates, the only thing added would be like 5 scenes/events
No idea, but don't play the beta.
i have a small issue with the newest version, when I have the final quest of kate it'll just give me a bunch of errors and after that the game is just borked, wont do anything anymore
DON'T Play the BETA!
Been a while since i played this, is there some Ellen content now ?
Yes, but don't play the beta.

Reactions: KristopheH

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
what's wrong with the beta? (well apart from the obvious)
It's got bugs, some that you might not notice until later, that will break your game. Playing the new content is almost certain to break stuff. Don't overwrite your saves, at best you will need to redo the new content once it's complete.

Reactions: Rickardur

Drake_X

Jan 12, 2022
What file should i back up if i ever uninstall and install the game again but i still can continue where i left off, is backing up ren'py saves folder enough?

Rickardur

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
It's got bugs, some that you might not notice until later, that will break your game. Playing the new content is almost certain to break stuff. Don't overwrite your saves, at best you will need to redo the new content once it's complete.

ah, good thing i was starting over. (had no prior saves) but that's good to know.

Rickardur

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
What file should i back up if i ever uninstall and install the game again but i still can continue where i left off, is backing up ren'py saves folder enough?
the one located in roaming should be the one you want to backup.

"C:\Users\Yournamehere\AppData\Roaming\RenPy"

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Yes, the saves folder is all you need, unless you have screen shots or something.
ah, good thing i was starting over. (had no prior saves) but that's good to know.
You will likely need to start over again then when it comes out, or like we said before, go to his Patreon or Itch page and get the official release. There were a couple of bugs in that one, but we can fix those.

Reactions: rKnight

DeltaDuster

Oct 5, 2018
Or there's going to be more content in the actual full release. Harem Hotel beta versions are actually that - incomplete, buggy, and meant for testing.

Runey needs to start encrypting the beta versions with the names of whoever he sends them to so leakers can be.. handled.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Or there's going to be more content in the actual full release. Harem Hotel beta versions are actually that - incomplete, buggy, and meant for testing.

Runey needs to start encrypting the beta versions with the names of whoever he sends them to so leakers can be.. handled.
Thankfully, this doesn't happen often...

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
When was the last time this was an issue? Assuming no further life concerns crop up that he is able to get back onto a regular release schedule, seems like this is possible 1-2x issue that will resolve itself.

4.70 star(s) 460 Votes