DigDug69

Engaged Member
Jun 29, 2019
I believe someone other than lain has updated it before (or maybe im mistaking for another game) but I'm sure someone is going to update it at some point, may not be as fast tho
The member who took over the mod before passed away.
This is not the first time that Lain has disappeared.
Do not dive right in if anyone else tries to take over and update Lains mod, because it is more complex than most mods.
LordAshram did a great job on it, but sadly he is the one that passed away.
Others who tried to take over caused a lot of people to suffer crashes.

Fortunately, from what I understand, Lain did fix the crash that would happen when people tried to play without the mod, after previously having used the mod.
So, it should be safe for people who previously used the mod to play without the mod now.

DO NOT TRY TO USE THE 17.2 or any older mods in this version of Harem Hotel.
It will crash the game 100% of the time.

Ignopox

Jul 24, 2018
Do not dive right in if anyone else tries to take over and update Lains mod, because it is more complex than most mods.

Fortunately, from what I understand, Lain did fix the crash that would happen when people tried to play without the mod, after previously having used the mod.
So, it should be safe for people who previously used the mod to play without the mod now.

oh... I was not aware of LordAshrams passing, but I am not planning on trying my hand at updating the mod however much i'd want it updated. I do not have the skills

Reactions: torresm

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
oh... I was not aware of LordAshrams passing
That has happen over a year ago and I'm sure that beside his own mod thread, who the info was posted, the information would be repeated a few times in every game thread he was active as a modder.

Still miss him, even though I haven't used mods for Harem Hotel.

Last edited:

Luminosity247

Jun 23, 2023
I really want to get back into this game. It's one of the greats for me, even if standards have changed a bit. But it's just so long and the last two times I tried I got nowhere near the part I reached the first time.

I actually have a question. Are these games stable when played on joiplay or are there issues? Never used it before, but I'll be gone for a couple months and only able to play on my phone.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Harem Hotel [v0.18] [Runey] - Compressed

Win/Linux [4,19 GB]
- - - -

Mac [4,16 GB]
- - - -

Update Only (v0.17+ -> v0.18) [268 MB]
- - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

DigDug69

Engaged Member
Jun 29, 2019
so is the slave route still the best in terms of content for the sanctuary elves?
Probably, but it will likely be the worst option to have followed when the game is finished.
Because in the eyes of elves, you would be seen as nothing more than a nicer slaver.
In the no slavery route, you would likely be seen as someone who treated elves as equals. AKA a hero...

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Been pretty out of the loop on the development of this, quick question if anyone knows: I remember reading awhile ago that there were plans to remake a lot of the early events. Has that mostly been implemented or are a lot of them still set to be remade?

DigDug69

Engaged Member
Jun 29, 2019
Been pretty out of the loop on the development of this, quick question if anyone knows: I remember reading awhile ago that there were plans to remake a lot of the early events. Has that mostly been implemented or are a lot of them still set to be remade?
I know that Runey has redone some of the earlier content, but no idea if he has finished doing that.

arkhamtheknight

May 3, 2017

So does that mean I can play the current version without it having problems and without a mod?

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
View attachment 3986394 When I updated the game and tried to open it this popped up
I used the update only file and did a quick speed run through to the garden and setting it up, didn't encounter any issues. The readme file says you need to delete some stuff before copying things over, maybe something lingered?

So does that mean I can play the current version without it having problems and without a mod?
If you're asking if you can use the new v18 (non-beta) without a mod and not encounter issues - in theory, you should be ok. Is there still a chance for bugs? Certainly, but they should be relatively on the downlow

DigDug69

Engaged Member
Jun 29, 2019
You should be able to.
I spoke to lain one time back when 17.2 came out, while they were working on the mod, and pointed out the crashing issue concerning their mods..
And after that I saw a post that stated that playing without the mod in the future would no longer cause crashes.

4.70 star(s) 460 Votes