• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Harem Isekai [v0.1] [Heart Games]

Heart Games

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2024
The truth is that I think they (Allison and Lauren) should be optional.
Exactly. Whores or the like have no value in a harem game and if they are forced to be the MC's women, the game is on the ignore list pretty quickly.
I have decided that 0.2 onward, the only forced LI will be Sasha, who is not yet introduced, who is a resident of haven (also 18 y/o virgin), and will be the harem queen. She is included in the pic at the bottom of the original post with the other 5 known characters. (design may change, but potentially final)
sasha.png
0.2 will introduce some other new LI, I have 10 additional planned atm, but that may change, and they may not be all introduced in 0.2
There will be 3 endings, 2 will be earlier, and non harem, and the 3rd ending will be harem.
The harem ending will let you include/exclude anyone except sasha as she will be the harem queen

Heart Games

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2024
I guess the scene with the prostitute is mandatory.
I put some thought into how to make rejecting sex with angel work for the story and I came up with an acceptable (plot wise) way to do so. I have updated her scene in 0.1 to be skippable once 0.2 is released, with the 3rd option (and still lead to being isekai'd as opposed to only giving the easter egg ending).

Also 0.2 update, I have ~300 lines of dialogue written already to meet 4 of the new girls. I currently plan to write the intro for an additional 4 girls during 0.2.

I've still been working on trying to get my own maps, but I don't really have any experience in unity or blender, and I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong for importing a map. If I can't get it worked out soon I'm going to look into some other mod maps I can find online, or maybe even commission a mod maker to help me out if needed.

Reactions: BlasKyau

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
I've still been working on trying to get my own maps, but I don't really have any experience in unity or blender, and I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong for importing a map. If I can't get it worked out soon I'm going to look into some other mod maps I can find online, or maybe even commission a mod maker to help me out if needed.
I know I know, I'm massively biased against sandbox, so my opinion is clearly biased as well, but Sandbox will kneecap the flow of your story, its pretty much always unsatisfying for the player (at least in the beginning), and it adds ffar more ork for the dev than its worth.

I never played a game where I thought to myself "wow, without sandbox the game would be missing something."
I played many games where I thought this game would be so much better without the constant clicking around to find the next event.
I never thought to my self, "nice, I only need to replay this exact same event 5 times till I get the next story part."
etc. etc.

I think you got the picture.
elmo-shrug.gif

Heart Games

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2024
I know I know, I'm massively biased against sandbox, so my opinion is clearly biased as well, but Sandbox will kneecap the flow of your story, its pretty much always unsatisfying for the player (at least in the beginning), and it adds ffar more ork for the dev than its worth.

I never played a game where I thought to myself "wow, without sandbox the game would be missing something."
I played many games where I thought this game would be so much better without the constant clicking around to find the next event.
I never thought to my self, "nice, I only need to replay this exact same event 5 times till I get the next story part."
etc. etc.

I think you got the picture.
View attachment 3412666
Ya, I know what you mean. I've played a few games where the sandbox ui is clunky and/or wholly unnecessary. But in other games it does feel like it adds a bit. I do want it in the latter category. Current plan is for 4 phase day morning/afternoon/night/midnight. Plan is to have money but for it not to be super tedious (I hate games you have to grind money for multiple days and do literally nothing else). I will have an event tracker that shows when/where to start events and when they are completed. And I currently plan to add in some RNG elements, but I have to look into that code to see how it works.

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
Ya, I know what you mean. I've played a few games where the sandbox ui is clunky and/or wholly unnecessary. But in other games it does feel like it adds a bit. I do want it in the latter category. Current plan is for 4 phase day morning/afternoon/night/midnight. Plan is to have money but for it not to be super tedious (I hate games you have to grind money for multiple days and do literally nothing else). I will have an event tracker that shows when/where to start events and when they are completed. And I currently plan to add in some RNG elements, but I have to look into that code to see how it works.
do you know "Crimson Shroud" for the 3DS? Its a dice based RPG from the some Final Fantasy Developers.
In one of the earlier levels of chapter 2 you need a Key to progress and its a random drop from a Skeleton Mage mob. I played that level for over 8h without a single Key drop the whole time. Never touched the game again.
I have abysmal levels of luck in games with RNG. Probably why I play mainly strategy.

To make it short. Good luck with your game, its pretty clearly not for me.

Heart Games

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2024
do you know "Crimson Shroud" for the 3DS? Its a dice based RPG from the some Final Fantasy Developers.
In one of the earlier levels of chapter 2 you need a Key to progress and its a random drop from a Skeleton Mage mob. I played that level for over 8h without a single Key drop the whole time. Never touched the game again.
I have abysmal levels of luck in games with RNG. Probably why I play mainly strategy.

To make it short. Good luck with your game, its pretty clearly not for me.
RNG will not be for anything mandatory, it will just add some variety

• Sad
Reactions: Juerhullycin