VN Unity Abandoned Harem Protagonist [Demo] [Starbeam]

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
What a shame this didn't go anywhere. The concept is way too good. Maybe I may steal it make something inspired by it.
Still has updates over on the kickstarter page, last one being a week ago. Games that aren't updated for a while get marked as abandoned here.

Reactions: Tunak23

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Wait, I thought that the definition of "Abandoned" here was "X months without any news from the dev". I never saw that a dev was active and the thread was marked as Abandoned even if the "active dev" had like 9 months without an update and players were claiming to be labeled as Abandoned.

AmazonessKing

Amazoness Entrepreneur
Aug 13, 2019
Well, if there are updates about the game even if the game have not been updated, then tag should be changed.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
a thread is marked abandonned if the devs didnt post any news for months, or if no updates are releasd after a while , or if dev actually posted something that may make peoples think its abandonned.

not like F95 staff or peoples have eyes everywhere... even less in kickstarter (wich is honestly not the first place to look at...as most devs in there just post their project plan and that's it , nothing until they reach eventual goal or something)

definitly not the best place to be for promoting a game tbh...

also, as long the thread here and link didnt have been udpated. they are no reasons to change the statu.
for not be considered abandonned, devs must provide valid link with actual gameplay stuff in it.
a simple post about update wont change status. too many devs promissed updates and stuff, with nothing serious behind... its called scam or attempt to keep peoples with nothing to provide.

tsukiouji

Jul 21, 2017
or maybe the fact that people see a dev taking a while to do stuff and assume "it's a scam" is what kills a lot of stuff? when the point of things like patreon and kickstarter are literally "give people your money in order to support them, they are under no obligation to give regular updates, let alone playable content." getting bonus rewards for supporting through such platforms is exactly that, a *bonus*. And it's bad enough when people who actually are supporting bitch about that kind of thing, but when people who are getting their work without supporting it... You can see why plenty of devs just "nope" out

Raph2345

Oct 12, 2019
A shame. Anyone have suggestion for similar games?

A few people mentioned that his ex-coworkers were working on something else?

Paarl

Dec 25, 2019
Why is it marked as abandoned? the post from here until which update did it reach?

000.png

J-V1

May 1, 2018
i was sad when i saw the abandoned tag, but from the looks of it, the devs haven't given up on this game. tag or not, i'll be keeping an eye on this

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
If you're willing to believe that even after fours years of development, with the entire original team quitting, and the last demo having come out two years ago, that this guy is somehow still making a game, do I have some vaporware to sell to you. Remember that this game is built in Unity and is supposed to be a "Fully animated Dating Sim/Visual Novel". The most labor-intensive aspect of this project is obviously going to be the programming and animation. We have no proof any of that is being handled. Without that, we don't have a game.

Another thing to keep in mind:
Unlike Patreon, which is literally just "throw money at this guy," Kickstarter does threatens legal actions in their terms of use against anyone who fails to deliver, on the behalf of the pledgers. Whether or not they ever make good on their word, I wouldn't know. However, I wouldn't put it past someone to fake updates to keep their ass out of legal trouble.

SleepyWarrior

Jul 16, 2018
Most people consider this game abandonned because of the hell situation the Creator created (which is pretty much all the original staff leaving because the guy couldn't manage the project, already used the money and didn't pay the staff) and there's the fact that now to know what is happening with the game you need to be a backer since he cowardly hide the updates to everyone else but the backers.

Big00Man

Jan 12, 2019
The game had potential at it's time but now it's a waste to follow it, never though it would continue having "updates" nowadays.

• Sad
Reactions: Tunak23

SmokeyDaBear

Aug 24, 2018
IS IT suppose to take me to a list with all the events when i first start the game and i cant only replay 1 event and i cant progress past day 1

Kraze99

Sep 22, 2017
IS IT suppose to take me to a list with all the events when i first start the game and i cant only replay 1 event and i cant progress past day 1
Yeah, that's pretty much the best this guy can do after alienating his entire dev team