Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
I'm facing this issuewith another renpy game as well, but the rest of the renpy games are running smoothly. Tried the workupload link and basically same thing.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
ValueError: invalid normalization form

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\renpy\main.py", line 425, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 269, in index_archives
lower_map[unicodedata.normalize('NFC', fn.lower())] = fn
ValueError: invalid normalization form

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809

Thu Sep 12 22:46:43 2024

Another error as well.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\game/characters/lily.rpy.
File "renpy/common/00layeredimage.rpy", line 1069, in parse_layeredimage
parse_conditions(ll, rv)
File "renpy/common/00layeredimage.rpy", line 1018, in parse_conditions
cg.conditions.append(parse_condition(l, True))
File "renpy/common/00layeredimage.rpy", line 992, in parse_condition
image = ll.simple_expression()
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'decoded_string'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\renpy\main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 781, in load_appropriate_file
data, stmts = self.load_file(dir, fn + source)
File "C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\renpy\script.py", line 608, in load_file
stmts = renpy.parser.parse(fullfn)
File "C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\renpy\parser.py", line 3055, in parse
rv = parse_block(l)
File "C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\renpy\parser.py", line 3017, in parse_block
stmt = parse_statement(l)
File "C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\renpy\parser.py", line 3001, in parse_statement
return pf(l, loc)
File "C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 219, in parse_user_statement
parsed = name, parse(l)
File "renpy/common/00layeredimage.rpy", line 1069, in parse_layeredimage
parse_conditions(ll, rv)
File "renpy/common/00layeredimage.rpy", line 1018, in parse_conditions
cg.conditions.append(parse_condition(l, True))
File "renpy/common/00layeredimage.rpy", line 992, in parse_condition
image = ll.simple_expression()
File "C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\renpy\parser.py", line 1242, in simple_expression
while self.match(operator_regexp):
File "C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\renpy\parser.py", line 726, in match
return self.match_regexp(regexp)
File "C:\Users\xx\Downloads\HarmonyGirls-0.4a-pc (1)\HarmonyGirls-0.4-pc\renpy\parser.py", line 700, in match_regexp
m = re.compile(regexp, re.DOTALL).match(self.text, self.pos)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/re.py", line 252, in compile
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/re.py", line 304, in _compile
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/sre_compile.py", line 764, in compile
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/sre_parse.py", line 948, in parse
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/sre_parse.py", line 443, in _parse_sub
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/sre_parse.py", line 511, in _parse
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/sre_parse.py", line 256, in get
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/sre_parse.py", line 236, in __next
AttributeError: 'int' object has no attribute 'decoded_string'

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809

Thu Sep 12 22:50:21 2024
If you're having the same issue with another Ren'Py game, my guess is it's Ren'Py version related. You wouldn't by chance have python already installed on your computer? Ren'Py had a somewhat recent switch from python version 2.7 to 3 which could cause issues. I really don't know though, I'm just tossing out ideas here. The fact that you're having the same issue with another game leads me to believe it's something in your desktop environment that's causing the issue, whatever that may be.

vili986

Sep 10, 2018
It's not the game it's the PC...
on my desktop PC i have problems with all Ren'Py games but on my laptop no problems with the same games and, same download.
Usually disabling Powersave solves the problem. Open the game Shift+G, disable Powersave, and then quit to save settings.
But sometimes it doesn't help...
I have Visual Studio code with Python so maybe that's messing with something :unsure:

Last edited:

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
Nice game, lovely artwork, good story, beautiful animation.
The only downside is the endless grind.
I thought I made the grind relatively small, when compared with other games. I need to make the cheat menu visible and put it somewhere else so people can find it. The video making minigame is almost optional if you use the cheats.

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
I thought I made the grind relatively small, when compared with other games. I need to make the cheat menu visible and put it somewhere else so people can find it. The video making minigame is almost optional if you use the cheats.
yeah , you're thinking about the small amount of grind.
we play your game and have to deal with this 'small' amount of grind.
and that sucks big time.
game looks good and scenes are lewd but the fucking GRINDY sandbox ruins the gameplay experience.

edit: oh and what about this BLEEDING paywall?

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
Dunno about other games, but I do know I'm not playing a game I just feel like running in a rat race to try to make things finally trigger already.

Osirian

Game Developer
Jan 1, 2020
Dunno about other games, but I do know I'm not playing a game I just feel like running in a rat race to try to make things finally trigger already.
Yeah, I'm most likely going to make some changes to increase progression early for characters, both in terms of perk points and subscribers.

4.60 star(s) 15 Votes