• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

TheBlindSteve

May 14, 2017
It honestly wouldn't be HORRENDOUS if the MC weren't explicitly Japanese from the WW2 era.

Because they were pretty extreme isolationists in regards to their culture and stuff. MC is using British slang and terms that the British Royal Air Force made for their army and absolutely not a single Japanese soldier would understand...any of it or use it. He also uses it constantly. It's not like a small reminder. It's as in your face as the German exchange students from Community.

This is the first visual novel I've dropped in the prologue. It's that bad.
Not as weird as it seems, at least it could be worse. Meija era Japan had a big fascination with western culture, mostly because they saw it as the quickest way to modernize and gain power. As such they often hired foreign officers to train their troops to modern standards with most of them being from America or Britain. As such it isn't as asinine as you'd think that a WW2 pilot might've inherited some of the Queen's English from their training. The practice ended in 1889 so it's entirely possible for them to still have some mannerisms around.

Of course the plausibility of all this is quite stretched considering that there is a gap of 40+ years to account for. And I'm sure this is the exact logic the localization was going for despite how poor it sounds. Not a great look, I was tentatively looking forward to this VN and as I expected, they did not deliver. I guess I should've expected this from the company that still has yet to release Sharin no Kuni, 5 years after it's been fully translated.

greyflash

Apr 24, 2017
I really enjoyed this game.
It reminds me why I love VN's when done right.
a good story, a good ambience, theme and ost with decent visuals makes the VN experience something truly unforgettable.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
Not as weird as it seems, at least it could be worse. Meija era Japan had a big fascination with western culture, mostly because they saw it as the quickest way to modernize and gain power. As such they often hired foreign officers to train their troops to modern standards with most of them being from America or Britain. As such it isn't as asinine as you'd think that a WW2 pilot might've inherited some of the Queen's English from their training. The practice ended in 1889 so it's entirely possible for them to still have some mannerisms around.

Of course the plausibility of all this is quite stretched considering that there is a gap of 40+ years to account for. And I'm sure this is the exact logic the localization was going for despite how poor it sounds. Not a great look, I was tentatively looking forward to this VN and as I expected, they did not deliver. I guess I should've expected this from the company that still has yet to release Sharin no Kuni, 5 years after it's been fully translated.
And than there was the little thing called the Anglo-Japanese alliance that lasted up until 1923. So that makes the gap more like 20 years. So depending on how old the MC is and who his instructors were he might just have picked a bit up. Definitively not too much though.

Than again, we can also chalk these things up to translation. Would any of us understand the equivalent Japanese slang if it was just left in?

Reactions: Grora

Weatherholt

Jul 18, 2017
And than there was the little thing called the Anglo-Japanese alliance that lasted up until 1923. So that makes the gap more like 20 years. So depending on how old the MC is and who his instructors were he might just have picked a bit up. Definitively not too much though.

Than again, we can also chalk these things up to translation. Would any of us understand the equivalent Japanese slang if it was just left in?

We wouldn't necessarily understand equivalent Japanese slang, but it would fit thematically.

There's no way a normal Japanese WW2 pilot picks up "bruv" and "wanker" and shit like that and actually incorporates all of British slang into their own vocabulary like he's a fish in water.

Especially without an explanation. He isn't STATED to have any British instructors or allies or anything, so him speaking like this was completely out of the question. It's just a shit localizer that actually killed what could have maybe possibly been a halfway decent vn.

alpha_5

Oct 31, 2018
A man in 20th century from Earth see a girl with horn, she can transform to a dragon (or a flying lizard like what he want to call).
"OK you Filipino, take me to the nearest Japan military base"

OMFG, the only good end for this kind of stupid retard man is return to the moment of his kamikaze attack and die :rolleyes:
Any ending with girls are bad end imo.

Reactions: Grora

DC123

Jul 24, 2017
Comments about the translation aside, I'm surprised no one has commented about how dark this VN is. Holy crap, Grisaia gets dark at times, but this VN easily beats Angelic Howl route. I've only got pass the first chapter but so many deaths, torture, gore. It basically makes Hellsing look cute in comparison.

Last edited:

Mahakmar

May 25, 2020
well darn , played it and well some really hard hitting stuff happening here , great vn and well the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
good done story just now i gotta find a happy game -.-

Jul 28, 2017
tried to read this in jap and made it as far as the dogs are introduced before being bored out of my mind and dropped it, at the time i blamed it on my shitty japanese cause the premise looked interesting, but now once again i made it as far as the dogs before being once again bored out of my mind. i guess it wasnt the fault of my japanaese but the vn is actually boring as fuck, what a dissapointment considering that is done by the people who did grisaia, a vn that's actually interesting and fun to read.

Matte89.bb

Sep 11, 2017
I'll try it, even if i'm more than a bit worryed about the dialogs.

I'm not exceptionally good with english, so i'm quite sure that i will understand nothing if MC talks with slang like many people here are saying

Jan 22, 2022
How do you from writing Grisaia to this is beyond me, I compared the writing staff on VNDB and it seems to be mostly the same except for a new guy who's been exclusively working in low-quality nukige (at least I didn't hear about any of them but the list is pretty long)

hiddink

Jul 20, 2017
bro i wanted to play this but after 2 h or pure text and no sex it's becoming annoying already

hiddink

Jul 20, 2017
I'll try it, even if i'm more than a bit worryed about the dialogs.

I'm not exceptionally good with english, so i'm quite sure that i will understand nothing if MC talks with slang like many people here are saying
mostly "lass" "Brass" "Blimey!"..."bollock" lol

kidlat020

Jul 5, 2017
111.jpg

yuri aside, I'm actually screaming in my screen. the best retort here is

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

but the writers are trying to avoid that direction at all cost. instead we get an icha-icha ending to this scene. A shame really, since while it was a good scene, it just ruined it for me. immersion broken.

speaking of writers forcing this and making many events make no sense, the protag and the first heroine on the prologue. how many times did those two wanted to scream that they wanted nothing with each other and yet a lot of plot conveniences forced them to stay together anyway? reminds me of the chicken turkey scene from grisaia 1.

(also don't worry you're not getting spoiled too much this is still pretty early in the game.)

Matte89.bb

Sep 11, 2017
I'm at the very beginning, and can't help but analyze the situation.

The protagonist is:

1- thrown in another world

2- Has met a girl with horns

3- has met a girl with horns who can morph into a dragon

4- has ridden said dragon

5- have just entered a renaissance-like town that clearly is out of time compared to where he is from

Considering all these things...

...why does he keep asking and thinking that he is in the Philippines ?

In Philippines you can usually meet horned girls who can morph at will into dragons?

Is he dumb? :rolleyes:

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
In Philippines you can usually meet horned girls who can morph at will into dragons?
Honestly I would not be too surprised. I mean, everyone knows that the further you go from civilization the weirder the creatures get. Like the for example. Or the one legged humanoids in modern day . All real things that have existed and do exist to this day. So would dragons in the Philipines really be that out of place?

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
The story is shit.. the MC is stupid. So instead of attacking the evil demonic bit cat Curio they are are talking away and he never really attacks her to kill her even when she ate one of the dogs.. That is how fucking evil she is. Yet MC never attacks her to kill her.. you never have that feeling at all even when a comrade dies.

What is this shit? Also even for someone that likes VN this one is really damn wordy. So an MC that never really tries to kill the evil cat, so much fucking talking when trying to escape that they get surrounded and captured.. WTF is this shit? The one dog girls is attacking left and right killing the evil cats but he just stands there doing nothing and just talks letting them get surrounded.. was this author a fan of One Piece? More talking than action.. This VN has worn my patience down.

At this point the story has gone to shit.. MC was originally funny quick to action now he just fucking talks and talks and talks.. it's horrible reading fest that gets very boring.

I have even giving up now on wanting to finish it.. What I have played is way too many damn hours was a waste of all my time.. it's that shitty. It is so bad that I did not even care to see the H-Scenes.. oh and no scenes with the real cute 3 tail girl.. What shit. I did not even want to save this game I deleted it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luka_M
4.00 star(s) 4 Votes