NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
It's that time again! A new version of Haven's Port has been release for Patrons...which also means a new version has been released for the public! Since, unlike Chastity Quest, I've never bothered to ask for edit permission for this thread...here are the release notes/links.

Build 4 Release Notes/Links

Web Link:

Downloadable Version:

Build 4 Release Notes:
This build focused, per Patron voting last month, on adding the Pet Shop to Haven's Port. In addition, it also added new content for the MC's Cottage home, Captain Arylin Temlin, Jazerhra, and some Tier 2 Reputation Bar scenes. In total, 10 new sex scenes, along with various other bits and bobs, were added to the game. Additionally, a Cheats menu was added for the $10+ patrons...
Pet Shop - Haven's Port now has a Pet Shop, where you can Rent Catgirls, or work as a Catgirl or Ponygirl yourself! In addition, the Pet Shop provides a place to buy some new gear for your Cottage Home...
Cottage Home Playroom - You can now turn the second floor of the Cottage Home into a Playroom, with Dungeon Furniture that can be purchased at the Pet Shop!

Additional Major NPC Scenes - Captain Temlin gets two new scenes. Jazerhra gets a new scene linked to a Town Event (Hint - Certain Clothing is required to be worn on entering the Magic Shop).
Resident Reputation Tier Bar Scenes - In Build 3, tiering up and moving into the Cottage changed the Seductress Scenes in the Bar. Now, the Nymph scenes have gotten their own tier-related upgrades to match!
Other Stuff:
- The New Outfits from Build 3 should now show up in the Character Menu.
- Lots of bug other fixes, including some broken images I found while testing.
- Cheats system added, for $10+ Patrons with cheat codes :).
- Minor updates to the Tutorial
- Credits Updated
Known Issues
-I still need to update the cottage sleeping scene with a new Render -_-. It wasn't exactly a high priority.

ALSO A NOTE FOR ANY UPLOADER/MOD that updates the main thread. For the love of hentai, please replace the main image. Whoever made it (it wasn't me), got the name of the game wrong -_-. Here's a replacement image:

Title.png

Chrysall

Jul 23, 2018
Is everything optional or does it have a more linear story that requires players to do certain quests/certain relationships in order to progress the story/introduce new characters?
I'm all in when it comes to futa+female protagonist, especially orc futa, but I greatly dislike men+female protagonist, especially interracial. Will I be able to play the futa content to the fullest when avoiding the male content?

Reactions: NovusPeregrine

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Is everything optional or does it have a more linear story that requires players to do certain quests/certain relationships in order to progress the story/introduce new characters?
I'm all in when it comes to futa+female protagonist, especially orc futa, but I greatly dislike men+female protagonist, especially interracial. Will I be able to play the futa content to the fullest when avoiding the male content?
Virtually everything in the game is optional. And, in the long-run, there will be multiple options for each of the few bits that are, more-or-less, mandatory. Currently, that isn't true, as the only 'required' event to progress the 'story' is a lesbian encounter I didn't expect anyone to really protest over or want too badly to avoid. And as such I haven't prioritized the alternative option for it yet.

As for the Futa content. Due to how relatively early this game is in its dev cycle, there are actually only 4 Futa scenes in the game so far(as of Build 5). Three of them are with a Futa+Female Protagonist, with the Orc Futa specifically, in fact. The fourth was just added in the current patron build as a transformation option for the protagonist, so it's Futa MC + Female Character. Given that there's something like 53 scenes total in the game so far, the Futa content is currently not a huge focus :). Though, depending on how my patrons vote in the upcoming poll for November's update, that might change a bit.

Chrysall

Jul 23, 2018
Virtually everything in the game is optional. And, in the long-run, there will be multiple options for each of the few bits that are, more-or-less, mandatory. Currently, that isn't true, as the only 'required' event to progress the 'story' is a lesbian encounter I didn't expect anyone to really protest over or want too badly to avoid. And as such I haven't prioritized the alternative option for it yet.

As for the Futa content. Due to how relatively early this game is in its dev cycle, there are actually only 4 Futa scenes in the game so far(as of Build 5). Three of them are with a Futa+Female Protagonist, with the Orc Futa specifically, in fact. The fourth was just added in the current patron build as a transformation option for the protagonist, so it's Futa MC + Female Character. Given that there's something like 53 scenes total in the game so far, the Futa content is currently not a huge focus :). Though, depending on how my patrons vote in the upcoming poll for November's update, that might change a bit.
That's great! When it comes to lesbian content then you're right, probably no one is going to complain about it being mandatory. Avoiding male+fem protag content is just my personal preference, I'm actually surprised (and happy) that you take into account that someone might think like that, I've seen too many games that pretty much force player to do a specific content type to progress the general story. I absolutely love how Healslut game works, basically allowing player to focus on only one specific content, for example only progressing the relationship with futa character (which magically happens to be orc as well!), knowing that this game isn't linear as well and even allows a transformation into a futa really fires up my interest, even if this type of content is little in number as for now.
I'll make sure to give it a go tomorrow, as it is 6am already here in EU, and check out the patreon page. Thank you for your time and excuse me if I did any grammar mistakes, I'm not a native english speaker, so they happen from time to time.

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I was kind of happy with the direction that Novus went for with Dungeon of Lewdity, but this and Chastity Quest are a real step backwards. All of the guy's games run in the same general problem. It refuses to balance out the bland personality-less protaganist by making the cast more intiresting. It's a blank-slate interacting with underwritten static charachters. But, Dungeon of Lewdity at least had a running storyline, a core conflict, and choices that meaningfully effected game state.

But, this game really just feels hook-less. The protaganist is too underwritten to bring in the player or serve as an engaging sexual focus. The charachters she meets are all mostly one note and don't change in reaction to her. And rather then a story, it's mostly just aimlessly wandering around a setting with no goal or ability to change the setting with choices. The game could add 100 sex scenes and it would still feel like watery pourage.

The game needs to do at least one of the following to be remotely intiresting:
- Make the protaganist more intiresting so they can maintain a game.
- Make the side cast more intiresting and dynamic so they can maintain a game
- Create some kind of proper conflict and storyline so it can engage the player
- Make any of the choices meaningful or uniquely effecting game state to make the gameplay more engaging.

I really don't want to beat up on a fellow creator, but you really have to think long and hard about what makes your game engaging and improve the experience with it.

Reactions: Hancock

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
I was kind of happy with the direction that Novus went for with Dungeon of Lewdity, but this and Chastity Quest are a real step backwards. All of the guy's games run in the same general problem. It refuses to balance out the bland personality-less protaganist by making the cast more intiresting. It's a blank-slate interacting with underwritten static charachters. But, Dungeon of Lewdity at least had a running storyline, a core conflict, and choices that meaningfully effected game state.

But, this game really just feels hook-less. The protaganist is too underwritten to bring in the player or serve as an engaging sexual focus. The charachters she meets are all mostly one note and don't change in reaction to her. And rather then a story, it's mostly just aimlessly wandering around a setting with no goal or ability to change the setting with choices. The game could add 100 sex scenes and it would still feel like watery pourage.

The game needs to do at least one of the following to be remotely intiresting:
- Make the protaganist more intiresting so they can maintain a game.
- Make the side cast more intiresting and dynamic so they can maintain a game
- Create some kind of proper conflict and storyline so it can engage the player
- Make any of the choices meaningful or uniquely effecting game state to make the gameplay more engaging.

I really don't want to beat up on a fellow creator, but you really have to think long and hard about what makes your game engaging and improve the experience with it.
-_- Oh, it's you again. Or at least I'm going to assume you're the same person, since there's literally only one person, ever, whose ever made those exact comments, in almost this exact format, about any of my games. Seriously dude, if you don't like my games' style, please just don't play them, rather than ranting about a lot of the things that everyone else seems to like. I'm not going to get into another argument with you, since if you're the same person, you were bullheaded and dickish the last time I did.

For everyone else:

1) I do use blank-protagonists on purpose, because every single one of my games is deliberately designed to allow you to create whatever type of character you want. As with all blank-protagonist stories, you are supposed to use your imagination to insert yourself or a persona of choice into the story. That's literally the entire point.

2) Despite having 50+ sex scenes, Haven's Port is barely off the starting line. As it's a Free Roam game, I've concentrated on getting a lot of the broad experiences done first. Plenty of jobs, clothing options, a variety of scene/fetish types, etc. So far, there are literally only two of the many 'Major' characters designed for the game even IN the game so far. (Jazerhra the Magic Shop owner and Captain Arylin Temlin of the Wave Mistress), and both are extremely early in their development. Captain Temlin won't be properly fleshed out until the Pirate Job is added, at which point she'll get a lot more content. Jazerhra is actually designed to stretch out her relationship over multiple islands in the chain, but will be getting more interaction eventually as well.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BaasB

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
That's great! When it comes to lesbian content then you're right, probably no one is going to complain about it being mandatory. Avoiding male+fem protag content is just my personal preference, I'm actually surprised (and happy) that you take into account that someone might think like that, I've seen too many games that pretty much force player to do a specific content type to progress the general story. I absolutely love how Healslut game works, basically allowing player to focus on only one specific content, for example only progressing the relationship with futa character (which magically happens to be orc as well!), knowing that this game isn't linear as well and even allows a transformation into a futa really fires up my interest, even if this type of content is little in number as for now.
I'll make sure to give it a go tomorrow, as it is 6am already here in EU, and check out the patreon page. Thank you for your time and excuse me if I did any grammar mistakes, I'm not a native english speaker, so they happen from time to time.
Probably should have replied to this in the same post as the other reply...but didn't really want to taint it with the level of annoyance I was feeling :p. As it happens...I actually avoid Male+Fem Protag as much as possible in most games myself, hence why I always make doing so possible in my own games :). As a developer trying to appeal to a broad audience, I include a healthy measure of Male + Female MC content for those that like that...but there's a pair of very good reasons why the lesbian and futa content in my games tends to outweigh the male/female MC content. First, that's it's not my own first choice to do Male/Female MC scenes. And second... literally every single time I've polled by patrons for any of my games, they've preferred the lesbian or futa content more ^_^. It's actually why the only two really major characters (aside from the MC) in Haven's Port so far are...a woman and a Futa!

wulfhaz

Jun 15, 2017
So far game is good even if it's early development. Can't wait for more futa orc content ;p

Hancock

Jul 24, 2018
hi
I think you need to set a goal for the story or set tasks to excite the players
Sex ratios are easy to obtain. You need to make it more difficult by placing obstacles so players don't get bored.
Also, money is easy and likes to reduce it or put some obstacles
The proportions for pictures are beautiful :p:giggle:

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Alright, with the , Build 5 is public!

In keeping with voting for last month, it focuses heavily on adding more BDSM content to the game. In point of fact, 7 of the 8 scenes are on that theme, expanding pet shop content as well as adding more to the Cottage Playroom (including a third piece of purchasable Bondage Furniture!). The one exception was adding the Futa transformation to the Magic Shop. As that's the final major transformation I'm intending to add for the first island's content, I really wanted to get that into the game. Anyway, more details on all of that in the release notes. But first...download and online play links!

Online Version:

Downloadable Copy:

Build 5 Release Notes:

Build 5 introduces 8 new scenes, expanding the BDSM/Bondage content of the game, plus adding a Futa Transformation to the Magic Shop.

Pet Shop Expansion: Three new scenes have been adding to the pet shop! In addition, a new piece of Bondage Furniture, the X-Cross, can also be purchased there for use with the Cottage home.

Cottage Playroom Expansion: In addition to the new piece of Bondage Furniture, purchasable at the Pet Shop, 4 more scenes independent of the pet shop content have been added to make use of the Playroom.

New Magic Shop Transformation: The Magic Shop transformation options now include a Futa transformation, with a single scene. This will be expanded on considerably in the future.

Other Stuff:

- Fixed the Sleeping render at the Cottage player home to reflect the Cottage instead of using the image from the Inn.

- Fixed several minor bugs and typos.

- Updated the Credits

OrcDra

Aug 22, 2018
Looks good, I'll try it. By the pics I already don't like that the orc woman got a dick again as it seems. Put futas in, whatever, but why always my beloved orc girls..

User312

Apr 19, 2018
I really like the look of this game :)
The only problem I have right now is, that because the savefiles of old versions are not accepted as being from this game...
So one has to restart everything again from the beginnig.
Right now it is not so bad, but later when you have a lot more content it will be really annoying if you just want to play the new content without having to "regrind" everything

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
I am not too sure in intended, but in all images that display the MC her feet are cut off near the ankles or a bit lower. Looks odd.

Also, both the barkeep and the magic shopkeep repeat their offer for introductions even after having already accepted.

When taking the futa potion there is conflicting info:

"Plus a bonus based on your Seductress Path Score...

+ 1 Nymph Point!"

Is it Seduction or Nympho? The bonus point given should correspond with whichever it is supposed to be.

Choosing to participate in a public threesome is an endless loop.

Taking someone home from the bar when owning the cottage has broken images. I assume they are missing and are wip?

Last edited:

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Looks good, I'll try it. By the pics I already don't like that the orc woman got a dick again as it seems. Put futas in, whatever, but why always my beloved orc girls..
;) Don't worry too much, there will eventually be more orc girls on the other Islands of the game. And not all of them will have dicks. It just happened to be the way that character worked out.

I really like the look of this game :)
The only problem I have right now is, that because the savefiles of old versions are not accepted as being from this game...
So one has to restart everything again from the beginnig.
Right now it is not so bad, but later when you have a lot more content it will be really annoying if you just want to play the new content without having to "regrind" everything
Yeah, I actually planned for the save games to be compatible. Coded for it and everything! Only realized last build that by naming the project different things (Haven's Port Build X) it was preventing it from working T-T. Assuming that was the only issue (hopefully), then saves should be backward-compatible as of Build 7. Hopefully.

I am not too sure in intended, but in all images that display the MC her feet are cut off near the ankles or a bit lower. Looks odd.

Also, both the barkeep and the magic shopkeep repeat their offer for introductions even after having already accepted.

When taking the futa potion there is conflicting info:

"Plus a bonus based on your Seductress Path Score...

+ 1 Nymph Point!"

Is it Seduction or Nympho? The bonus point given should correspond with whichever it is supposed to be.

Choosing to participate in a public threesome is an endless loop.

Taking someone home from the bar when owning the cottage has broken images. I assume they are missing and are wip?
Feet: It shouldn't be EVERY image, but I do often to exclude feet, because they are a stone-cold bitch to get posed to look natural >_<.

Introductions: ...Oops. Noted down to be fixed in Build 7. Thanks for reporting it.

Futa Potion: Huh...another oops. Also noted down to be fixed in Build 7. Thanks for the report!

Cottage: ...no, that should most certainly not have broken images. They were working when I initially tested the build they were introduced in. Somehow, the file structure got messed up since then, apparently. I've fixed it ( I think) in both Online versions and will reupload new versions for download when I have time, though I'm up to my eyeballs in stuff for my other game (Chastity Quest) at the moment so it might be a few days before I can get to fixing the downloads. In the meantime, you actually have all the right files to fix it. If you want to fix your version yourself (without having to redownload), you can:

Goto images/Cottage/
Copy "Pub Seduction Male" and "Pub Seduction Female" folders.
Goto images/HP Bar
Create a New Folder labeled "Cottage"
Pase "Pub Secudction Male" and "Pub Seduction Female" folders into the new folder.
Delete the originals in images/Cottage/ if you want.
Fixed!

MAJOR thanks for reporting that one. I have no idea why no one else has said anything, since that's a pretty major bug >_<.

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
Feet: It shouldn't be EVERY image, but I do often to exclude feet, because they are a stone-cold bitch to get posed to look natural >_<.

Introductions: ...Oops. Noted down to be fixed in Build 7. Thanks for reporting it.

Futa Potion: Huh...another oops. Also noted down to be fixed in Build 7. Thanks for the report!

Cottage: ...no, that should most certainly not have broken images. They were working when I initially tested the build they were introduced in. Somehow, the file structure got messed up since then, apparently. I've fixed it ( I think) in both Online versions and will reupload new versions for download when I have time, though I'm up to my eyeballs in stuff for my other game (Chastity Quest) at the moment so it might be a few days before I can get to fixing the downloads. In the meantime, you actually have all the right files to fix it. If you want to fix your version yourself (without having to redownload), you can:

Goto images/Cottage/
Copy "Pub Seduction Male" and "Pub Seduction Female" folders.
Goto images/HP Bar
Create a New Folder labeled "Cottage"
Pase "Pub Secudction Male" and "Pub Seduction Female" folders into the new folder.
Delete the originals in images/Cottage/ if you want.
Fixed!

MAJOR thanks for reporting that one. I have no idea why no one else has said anything, since that's a pretty major bug >_<.
Yeah, that fixed it. Can't wait for the next update! Hopefully, we'll be island hopping.

3.50 star(s) 10 Votes