Adson123

Jun 29, 2020
Considering the quality of the renders and their ramifications I think it's understandable that it will take some time.

It might be coming out next month they say.
i dont think its a problem that it takes time, the problem is if the update has barely any content, which is usually what happens

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Patience, young padawan. :)
I'm honored to be considered a young padawan.
However as a wise old man once said :

You shall be patient when the time draws near.
Forget when it's still far from here.
And remember, when the time's clear.

Can I know for how long I should be patient now lol

THX

Cygnus X-1

Jul 17, 2021
I'm honored to be considered a young padawan.
However as a wise old man once said :

You shall be patient when the time draws near.
Forget when it's still far from here.
And remember, when the time's clear.

Can I know for how long I should be patient now lol

THX
The end is nigh! :LOL:
Anyways, I'm aiming for end of September, though it could also end up being early October. Either way, it won't be long anymore.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Johan_0000

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
1750+ renders and 90+ animations done, That's not counting the ones that are still missing, so it's quite a lot or at least a fair amount of content.
it really depends how you look at it, say an october release, that's ~9 months since the last one, say we get 2k renders, that's slightly above 30 renders a week. Most devs working in their free time can average double that or more. So it's not that great. Mind you, I'm not complaining, never do when I'm not paying for it, but if I did, I would have cancelled my sub.

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
it really depends how you look at it, say an october release, that's ~9 months since the last one, say we get 2k renders, that's slightly above 30 renders a week. Most devs working in their free time can average double that or more. So it's not that great. Mind you, I'm not complaining, never do when I'm not paying for it, but if I did, I would have cancelled my sub.
Idk abt all tha tbut do you count animations in your calculations? I'm just asking bc I'm curious if I were to donate I'd also do calculations like you to know if I'm having my money's worth lol

THX

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Idk abt all tha tbut do you count animations in your calculations? I'm just asking bc I'm curious if I were to donate I'd also do calculations like you to know if I'm having my money's worth lol

THX
I used stills, but devs calculate animations most of the time separately from that, so it makes no difference. I love the game to be honest, but 30 stills a week is not a dev I'd support.

Reactions: Johan_0000

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
I used stills, but devs calculate animations most of the time separately from that, so it makes no difference. I love the game to be honest, but 30 stills a week is not a dev I'd support.
kind of why I really only prefer to buy games on steam yeah it's not much support compared to patron but at least I never feel ripped off even if a game gets abandoned since it's a one time purchase most of the time. So if a game takes forever or has a poor update not really that big of a deal to me since I got what i paid for.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
kind of why I really only prefer to buy games on steam yeah it's not much support compared to patron but at least I never feel ripped off even if a game gets abandoned since it's a one time purchase most of the time. So if a game takes forever or has a poor update not really that big of a deal to me since I got what i paid for.
I don't sub on patreon long-term, save a handful of devs that I trust. But I usually pay for a month for games that I like when a new update drops, then I cancel if they are not on steam yet.

Adson123

Jun 29, 2020
1750+ renders and 90+ animations done, That's not counting the ones that are still missing, so it's quite a lot or at least a fair amount of content.
It is a good amount, but you have to take the time in consideration, if each of his update takes 9-10 months (taking in account that it will have no delay), and usually devs take 6 months for each update( with delays about 7-8)with similar amount of renders and animations, he still behind, im not saying its bad, but the more he advances the game, naturally it will take more time between updates you know, so if right now its taking so much time, imagine in 2 or 3 updates from now on

Reactions: Birdnman993

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
It is a good amount, but you have to take the time in consideration, if each of his update takes 9-10 months (taking in account that it will have no delay), and usually devs take 6 months for each update( with delays about 7-8)with similar amount of renders and animations, he still behind, im not saying its bad, but the more he advances the game, naturally it will take more time between updates you know, so if right now its taking so much time, imagine in 2 or 3 updates from now on
Of course, I wish the time was shorter, but it all depends on the Dev and how much support he has. In the best case scenario, in the future, the Dev can hire more people to speed up development.

But the most important thing is to see that the Dev does not abandon the project and always publishes progress. There are others who leave you months without any news and you can only assume that it was abandoned.

Justica10

Aug 15, 2022
I will share my opinion. I personally think if you pay money every month (even if it's small money, and if it's big, even more so) you must receive content once a month, well, two or three at most (even if there is very little content, a mini scene or something else).

A person should know that his money does not go into the void. This is especially true for the creators of visual novels, who can update for 6-9 months by charging subscribers, and at the output we get 5 minutes of content. When you take money from people, you essentially become responsible to them. If you just do a project in your free time without taking money for it, then no one has the right to demand anything from you.

But if you are on the content of your subscribers, be kind enough to provide them with content, people pay you money for work, not just charity, with such success you can just give money to a homeless person on the street, you will even do a good deed and clear your karma. Because of people like "Braindrop, Kompas Productions, Moochie, etc. who just pull money out of people", I stopped subscribing to the creators of visual novels, I buy on Steam (if the game is there) and that's it (like with Lust Academy, Being a DIK, etc.)

I'm tired of waiting for several years for the person to whom I give 10-15 dollars to provide me with a new portion of content and deign to take a look and release something. Or if it releases content, I subscribe for a month and do not renew. If I wanted to make money from visual novels, I would put all my efforts into it so that it would not just be my hobby.

To get a lot of money, you need to work and work tirelessly, developing an audience, skills and reputation, as in your business. I do not pretend to be truthful, and I am sure many will quarrel with me, but I decided to speak out on a topic on which I have already burned myself.

Last edited:

Abaddon Doom

Jul 12, 2024
Patience...a word that initializes the passage of time.
This game has the potential and positivity to absolve patience and move forward.

dlaskas

May 26, 2023
.. yada yada..
...and then for most devs, it's a way to make some extra cash while working 40+ hour weeks somewhere else.
subscribing is optional, noone is forcing you to give them money. and if you don't like the update pace, unsubscribe.
you've no idea what peoples situation is like irl, so you have literally no reason or right to whine about a dev developing his own game too slowly for your tastes.
furthermore, most devs are NOT Icstor, so you could just as well cut them some slack or stop paying them until the game is finished and buy it on steam after, like others suggested. its free here anyway in the meantime.

4.70 star(s) 64 Votes