Sleep_

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2023
Anyone having issues with aspect ratio, stutter, animations, or game crashing please run this test. It should be a fix for all mentioned. If successful for all, it will be implemented in the next update. Otherwise, your feedback helps to solve these issues faster.

alphatekk

Nov 21, 2021
Anyone having issues with aspect ratio, stutter, animations, or game crashing please run this test. It should be a fix for all mentioned. If successful for all, it will be implemented in the next update. Otherwise, your feedback helps to solve these issues faster.
It appears that the animation doesn't work? The character is idling and standing there, then every second or so has a slight twitch. No memory leak though.

This also happens in the actual game, along side the character not appearing in choking.

payelox

Jul 6, 2020
After clicking on Rin on the website and going though the dialog to where the mc says 'don't let me die' i just get an infinite black screen with my CPU and GPU both running under load.

Last edited:

MonkeyFunk

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a bug where randomly starting an evening with Rin caused the screen to be black, everything still seemed clickable but I had to alt-f4 and restart to continue playing, then I noticed there isn't an auto-save system :(

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Sleep_

Sleep_

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2023
Just got a bug where randomly starting an evening with Rin caused the screen to be black, everything still seemed clickable but I had to alt-f4 and restart to continue playing, then I noticed there isn't an auto-save system :(
I'm sorry, MonkeyFunk! Autosave included in upcoming QOL updates. I'll look into that freeze issue, but I think it may be the same issues others have reported. Hopefully next update will fix. If not, we'll keep crackin at it until it is:)
xo Sleep

hibben

Mar 7, 2019
I'm sorry, MonkeyFunk! Autosave included in upcoming QOL updates. I'll look into that freeze issue, but I think it may be the same issues others have reported. Hopefully next update will fix. If not, we'll keep crackin at it until it is:)
xo Sleep
The fix you included earlier solved the freeze issue--I had it too.

Also, for everyone else, you can save through the player character's computer.

This game is great! Thanks for making it. Only request I'd make is to make progression a little less grindy. Art is lovely though, and I adore the atmosphere. Cool music and cool visuals. Really excited to see what this grows into.

• Love

nindjo

Jan 24, 2022
that seems to work well for me but it did freeze when i tried to exit

MonkeyFunk

Oct 27, 2017
I've reached gentle level 4 and rough level 3, it said I unlocked missionary and aftercare, but I can't see any way of doing these

Bloodhoof

Dec 21, 2018
With the initial release, game after clicking Rin's portrait for first group meeting remains in loading screen, music still playing, no CPU/GPU/memory spikes. Video test file does show the color squares, but no animations and only allows to exit.

Sleep_

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2023
Hi all - thank you for the kind words :) they help when I'm smashing my head against the wall of bugs. A couple updates:
  • I have autosaves implemented in the upcoming stable release. Game will autosave every new day up to 12 saves, giving you a total of 12 autosaves and 12 manual saves to work with.
  • I've started working with a new video codec (HAP) that is infinitely more stable than the current codec being used. Test build bellow is using this codec.
  • Aspect ratios and dynamic scaling have been solved in the upcoming stable release and the entire project has been updated to support this.
  • Crashing issues I believe were related to rendering issues, which should be solved utilizing new codec with newly written player.

For those who have experienced the video bug, please run this new test build. I've condensed down the test builds to only include required resources to run, so much smaller. We're trying a new codec this time around.

hClubTestLogo.png
| |
Note that this build only contains a video test. A new stable release for the game is still on the way following a successful test build for video.

xo Sleep

Reactions: zhanbyr

Bloodhoof

Dec 21, 2018
Hi all - thank you for the kind words :) they help when I'm smashing my head against the wall of bugs. A couple updates:
  • I have autosaves implemented in the upcoming stable release. Game will autosave every new day up to 12 saves, giving you a total of 12 autosaves and 12 manual saves to work with.
  • I've started working with a new video codec (HAP) that is infinitely more stable than the current codec being used. Test build bellow is using this codec.
  • Aspect ratios and dynamic scaling have been solved in the upcoming stable release and the entire project has been updated to support this.
  • Crashing issues I believe were related to rendering issues, which should be solved utilizing new codec with newly written player.

For those who have experienced the video bug, please run this new test build. I've condensed down the test builds to only include required resources to run, so much smaller. We're trying a new codec this time around.

View attachment 2427648
Windows | Mac | Linux
Note that this build only contains a video test. A new stable release for the game is still on the way following a successful test build for video.

xo Sleep
This test build works for me, thank you.

Sleep_

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2023
Not gonna lie, for a solo dev this is some solid work. Bit of a surprise how everything works for a 0.1.
A bit of polish here and there and some optimization and you're good.
Any roadmaps/planned tags you can share?
Not ready to spill the beans yet... I like to under-promise and over-deliver. I can tell you that my release cadence will be a major release every few months followed by stability, QoL, and micro updates in between. So far I've released a few major DreamEngine systems, but I'm nearly finished with 2 others.

So how does money work atm? was able to buy 2 items and then can't anymore
Money system is not yet released. Money is only there currently so you can experience all the events. Odd that you weren't able to buy more... I'll look into that!

I've reached gentle level 4 and rough level 3, it said I unlocked missionary and aftercare, but I can't see any way of doing these
Missionary after Gentle4 should be in Activities. If it's not, that's a bug. Aftercare was cut short of initial release, but the notice was mistakenly left in. Fixed in upcoming stable release.

KyoukoSakura

Best Girl
Donor
Nov 23, 2022
Very cool game! Unfortunately had my game crash a good ways into the game and forgot to save. I'm not bothered by it though. I really enjoyed this one and am excited to see what it evolves into. Awesome work Dev!

• Love

Sleep_

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2023
Updates2.png
v0.1.1 stable update
- Increased starting money to allow players to experience all events with the items currently available in shops
- lowered experience required per level by 10%
- An autosave system has been added. This save system will create a new game save every new in-game day, up to 12 saves. This will give you up to 12 days of auto saves and up to 12 manual saves to work with.
- Added dynamic aspect and resolution scaling. The game was built for HD 1080p, but all resolutions should now be viable. Non 16:9 aspect ratios may have unintended scaling results, though.
- The video manager has been entirely rewritten to support a new codec that has shown massive improvements for GPU/Rendering. This was a massive undertaking, but I think the results will be worth it.
- fixed bug causing Missionary activity to not show for players after Rin Gentle4 event
- Added a Linux build as a download option. Not currently supporting Mac but will if enough players request it.

xo sleep

Reactions: KyoukoSakura
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote