moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
Downloaded the game from the MEGA link in the first post. Upon trying to start the game I get this error:
Headpats 03 bug.png

Any idea? Does it have something to do with the fact that 0.2 was in MV while 0.3 is in MZ?

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Downloaded the game from the MEGA link in the first post. Upon trying to start the game I get this error:
View attachment 2911718

Any idea? Does it have something to do with the fact that 0.2 was in MV while 0.3 is in MZ?
It's still MV, it's just an updated nwjs, but that particular error has nothing to do with the game. What operating system are you using?

moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
Win7 and this is the first time I see such an error with an RPG Maker game.

Also, the reason I thought it was now MZ is because the icon of Game.exe changed, and the new one is what I see with MZ games.

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Win7 and this is the first time I see such an error with an RPG Maker game.

Also, the reason I thought it was now MZ is because the icon of Game.exe changed, and the new one is what I see with MZ games.
You could try this . Unfortunately there's not much else I can do to help.

moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
You could try this . Unfortunately there's not much else I can do to help.
Well, let me give you some additional info. I still have 0.2, so I made a copy of the folder called 0.2 test, then copied the www folder (and ONLY the www folder, nothing else) from 0.3 into 0.2 test. Using that I was able to start the game and then start chapter 5 using my 0.2 saves. I don't have the time to play the game right now, so no idea if this causes any issues down the line. But the problem is clearly with whatever you updated for this version. Guess I better don't delete 0.2.

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Well, let me give you some additional info. I still have 0.2, so I made a copy of the folder called 0.2 test, then copied the www folder (and ONLY the www folder, nothing else) from 0.3 into 0.2 test. Using that I was able to start the game and then start chapter 5 using my 0.2 saves. I don't have the time to play the game right now, so no idea if this causes any issues down the line. But the problem is clearly with whatever you updated for this version. Guess I better don't delete 0.2.
Seems like updating the nwjs makes it not play nice with windows 7, it IS more than a decade old at this point. Not much I can do about that, but if you got it to boot up doing what you did, I see no reason it wouldn't work.

moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
Seems like updating the nwjs makes it not play nice with windows 7, it IS more than a decade old at this point. Not much I can do about that, but if you got it to boot up doing what you did, I see no reason it wouldn't work.
I did one more test. I made a copy of Roselake's Lobelia 1.2.1 (which is an MZ game, as far as I know), then took the contents of the HeadpatsV0.03's www folder and put them in the Roselake's Lobelia 1.2.1 test folder, overwriting what was already there. Turns out I can play Headpats V 0.3 this way too, like any regular RPG Maker MZ game.

Later I might try to figure out which file exactly causes the error, by overwriting files one by one.

Boyim

Feb 22, 2018
Sorry to harang you again, but my game continues to hit dead ends. Now I'm doing the "Hunt it Down" quest, and as I guessed, because I already cleared the cave on Skalta road WAY earlier, there is nothing in the cave and I can't progress the quest.

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Sorry to harang you again, but my game continues to hit dead ends. Now I'm doing the "Hunt it Down" quest, and as I guessed, because I already cleared the cave on Skalta road WAY earlier, there is nothing in the cave and I can't progress the quest.
Not a bug, you just have to click this thing. Suppose I could have made that a bit more obvious.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
is the swinging avoidable?
The swinging tag doesn't apply to the game's love interest. Meaning she isn't taking any dick but the MC's. It's just there because the LI let's the MC sleep around, and There are a few characters the MC gets freaky with that are married, but you have full consent of the spouse.

Reactions: Crozzeria

moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
Finished 0.3. I like all the new additions and the story development.

Some issues:
1) The main quest was not marked as complete after I finished the catacombs even though the game said I have started chapter 6.
2) Why am I forced to sleep here?
Headpats Sleep.png
Why cant I press Cancel to not sleep?

3) Headpats date.png
That "Tanaka Foot Path" in the lower left, near Lily's name, probably should not be there.

4) I have not yet tried elsewhere, but if I set up camp here, south of Marigold:
Headpats Camp.png
Choosing Talk does nothing, just the image remains on the screen so I can't see anything.

P.S.: Should I bother reporting typos? I noticed a few.

Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Finished 0.3. I like all the new additions and the story development.

Some issues:
1) The main quest was not marked as complete after I finished the catacombs even though the game said I have started chapter 6.
2) Why am I forced to sleep here?
View attachment 2914507
Why cant I press Cancel to not sleep?

3) View attachment 2914506
That "Tanaka Foot Path" in the lower left, near Lily's name, probably should not be there.

4) I have not yet tried elsewhere, but if I set up camp here, south of Marigold:
View attachment 2914505
Choosing Talk does nothing, just the image remains on the screen so I can't see anything.

P.S.: Should I bother reporting typos? I noticed a few.
Fixed everything. I don't know If I'll put out a hotfix for stuff this minor, but the main quest will auto-complete in the next version. As for the typos, absolutely report them. I want the game to be the best that it can be, even if I have no idea what I'm doing.

moonblackhen

Jan 25, 2022
Alright, here are a few typos:
1) Headpats typo 1.png
"to stupid" should be "too stupid".

2) Headpats typo 2.png
Missing comma after "Well".

3) Headpats typo 3.png
"werwolf" should be "werewolf".

4) Headpats typo 4.png
Missing comma after "down".

5) Headpats typo 5.png
Missing comma after "time".

There were a few more I can't recall right now.

Also, there's an issue with the third clown riddle: There's more than one correct answer. The correct answer is meant to be "A Map", but "A Globe" is also correct (even if the game does not accept it), and "A Painting" can be correct too. And "A Map" can be wrong, because some maps do have trees on them (it depends on the style of map and how forests are presented).

Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games
3.60 star(s) 8 Votes