DorcasAurelia

Nov 17, 2018
meh65
[sarcasm]I dunno, I find the idea of a guy playing a big beefy male character kinda gay. Like, why do you want to spend all your time looking at a dude?[/sarcasm]

Seriously though, I'm a guy and I'll generally play a female character when given a choice, and while to some degree your option 3 is a contributing factor, if anything it's kind of the opposite situation as I do project myself onto my avatar. I mean, part of the fantasy of video games is the ability to be something you aren't in real life.
BadSisterFucker's comment about games with female protagonists is, to me, a slightly different scenario, as they have (to some degree) pre-existing personalities.

Also, I don't think heterosexuality is the quite the right thing to be questioning. Like, I'm not studied up on transexuality and gender theory and what all the various non-binary classifications are, but the implication I'm picking up from your post is: Guys who play as girls = Guys who want to have sex with guys. And that seems like an oversimplification, because the sex you identify as and the sex you want to have sex with aren't dependent on each other.

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Hrm. Out of curiosity is there any point to wearing the new costume, content wise? Or is this purely cosmetic? Also, for a character named Sparkle she is significantly lacking in makeup and glitter. I'd also say pasties, but the third outfit has them.. they and the rest of her glorious form are just covered by the cloak, is all.

Also, it's obviously way early into the game and content, but will the outfit on the class display way back at the beginning become an option at some point?

BruceLee73

Apr 22, 2018
Do you think other people may be as complex as you are? Because there are definitely more than those three general arguments.

I bet you can think of at least six reasons why you enjoy the company of women. Sex. Smiles. Softness. Emotion. Kindness. Cuddles. Soup when you're sick. And some other guy will have a whole other set of reasons separate from our own. Perspective. Respect. Warmth. Arguments. Make-ups. Dancing close in candlelight. And another guy. Friendship. Advice. Acceptance. Shopping. Margaritas. A soft shoulder to cry on.

So take that perspective and apply it to why a guy might enjoy playing a hot chick in an MMO. There are dozens of reasons. Hundreds, probably. You shouldn't reduce someone's curiosity or passion to simply being gay or immoral or voyeuristic.

Anyway, have you tried the game? I'm interested in your opinion of it given your stance.
that made my day, sir. its funny and smart at the same time. ..for the soup! xD

And to be honest - the most accurate answer is: you chose to play something or in a way that lets you have traits that you feel underrepresented in your own life. Like: your a tough guy and rarely show "softness" or you are a weak nerd and never show "toughness" so you ll chose something to kind of compensate what you feel your lacking and try to be more of that.
sometimes people are already pretty "far" on a trait and chose the exact same trait even harder, caus they cant break out of their own role anymore.
So depending on your state of traits and your need you ll either seek for balance (boost whats "low") or overdo it by doing even more of whats more than sufficient.

Of cause there are other reasons, other ways of this going down but in the end you ll be able to see this as the drive behind it.

But does it really matter? A lot of different likings, there is more than enough space for all of us.
And that "gay" thing... I just thought of a comedian from skandiavia who said gay men were the toughest men on earth. caus they have sex with men which is... puh. "hard" xD
"what do you like?" "soft breasts and flowery parfume"
what do you like? "getting fucked in the a** by a man!"
lol... not getting tougher than that.

live and let live. as long as your weird likings dont touch mine... why would I care or ridicule you?
(except you start mumbling about a futa-clown-fetish. then I m sorry but I will definetly make fun of it).

HenWen

Aug 8, 2017
I have to say the bonus outfit is kind of underwhelming. The mask hides Sparkles' beautiful face, the poncho seems like it has too much material to it and needs to be more see-through, and I'm on the fence about the pasties. Definitely not a priority, but that'd be great if you could revisit the outfit and make it sexier :)

Also, at some point I'd like to see some UI elements in the game, like health bars, gold count, arousal level, etc.

Keep up the great work, daviezwei! I'm looking forward to what comes next...

Reactions: SpunkyMcFluff

BruceLee73

Apr 22, 2018
I have to say the bonus outfit is kind of underwhelming. The mask hides Sparkles' beautiful face, the poncho seems like it has too much material to it and needs to be more see-through, and I'm on the fence about the pasties. Definitely not a priority, but that'd be great if you could revisit the outfit and make it sexier :)

Also, at some point I'd like to see some UI elements in the game, like health bars, gold count, arousal level, etc.

Keep up the great work, daviezwei! I'm looking forward to what comes next...
I would dare to disagree on the outfit thing. You think its good for a game to get the maximum damage weapon on day 2? or the maximum def armor? We are at the very beginning, let this thing develope. If we have her in that almost-nude stuff by now what else is there to come considering armors? I am pretty sure there will be other outfits coming. Be patient. Let her strip at the proper pace!

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
meh65

Not sure about other people but I play female characters in some games because I would much rather look at a hot ass girl then some muscle bound turd. I play skyrim and have never played a male character because why would I want to play some muscle bound neanderthal when I can play a hot looking girl with bouncing boobs and butt? When given the chance to play a female character instead of the same old dried up neandethal then I'm going to take it unless it's the same old take girl around to get molested and raped by every Tom Dick and ugly fat bastard in the game type female protagonist game those ones I'll pass on.
Yep if I going to stare at an ass for hours on end its going to be a female, added bonus in MMO's its never a hassle getting a party as female no matter what class. If you ever feeling lazy of grind just go out to a leveling area and shout in global chat help I had fight with BF and hes left me stranded in blah blah zone and they will come running to power level you.

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
I don't think its a game for Kayden and if he dies he dies forever. He risks his life in the front for the team and the team trusts him to be the leader. Things might not be directly shown to us in the game but he obviously done alot for the team to get there.

Leigh wanted to kick Lel from the team, Kayden is the one letting her stay.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We don't know what Lel has done to be treated like that by the whole team (not just Kayden but everyone), what if she has caused deaths in the team in the past? Okay thats a wild assumption BUT why is Lel okay being treated this way? Why didn't she leave the team? If the team is the best choice for Lel then we should accept that the team is treating Lel "good enough" in that society's standard.

through the whole game Kayden is kind enough to a stranger, our MC. Leigh didn't want to get the mushrooms, again Kayden insisted to help us.

Yes Kayden has a bad mouth but his actions prove he has a good heart.. kinda. I'm not saying we have to like Kayden, he has his flaws, so does everyone. It's still quite early in the game and we can give him a chance to prove himself.
Anyone thought that as ex goblin slave Lel actually wants to be treated like this? Some of Wejit's comments suggest this treatment predates party to when she Goblin slave and when asked why she lets them treat her badly she was confused. She is also clearly uncomfortable with kindness getting shown by MC.

Agree on Kayden to, a little confused at so much hate, he takes highest risk position, he takes feedback when choices to be made. he went out of way to fill MC sidequest over objections of his lover, he made sure new party member fed, rested and equipped. He is very blunt and direct at times but not in a judgemental way.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Anyone thought that as ex goblin slave Lel actually wants to be treated like this? Some of Wejit's comments suggest this treatment predates party to when she Goblin slave and when asked why she lets them treat her badly she was confused. She is also clearly uncomfortable with kindness getting shown by MC.

Agree on Kayden to, a little confused at so much hate, he takes highest risk position, he takes feedback when choices to be made. he went out of way to fill MC sidequest over objections of his lover, he made sure new party member fed, rested and equipped. He is very blunt and direct at times but not in a judgemental way.
Yes, because people want to be hated and treated as disposable trash 24/7, that is completely healthy and believable behavior and not total fetish writing. Lel being a masochist can only explain as far as sex or roleplaying, which could be the case since this is supposed to be a game, but since the writing is aiming to keep it ambiguous if this is just online roleplaying or if it is a virtual fantasy universe, it is gonna be hard to swallow the ammount of abuse going on.

Also, about Kayden, being a nice person isn't a pros and cons game. Being a hard worker and donating to charity isn't going to award you enough good points for you to go home and beat your wife and still be a nice guy. Kayden throws a lot of seemingly senseless abuse towards Lel and Leigh, and shows no regret or hesitation for it. If nothing else, his behavior is just plain toxic and usually people don't care for that.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

BruceLee73

Apr 22, 2018
I have a different opinion/perception on this.
I havent seen her "enjoy" any of this treatment at all and I did not see Lel being confused by that question of being treated badly, but rather surprised anyone would notice or care. And I d rather say she seemed confused by being treated kind -because she isnt used to that in this hard world she lives in. uncomfortable? not one bit.

So I d say shes the classic slave / sublayer. that helpless creature who needs the hero to save her (or in lewd games: treat her like shit; or let her die and take her place ;P ) so lots of potential to serve several needs and likings.
dev has shown smart use of characters/ressources to make plenty of options available.
thats the recipe for a great and successful game.

DorcasAurelia

Nov 17, 2018
Yes, because people want to be hated and treated as disposable trash 24/7, that is completely healthy and believable behavior ....
I mean, there's your answer: she's not healthy mentally. She was a goblin slave for however many years, and that could easily have skewed her world-view, personal values, and self-worth.

Reactions: Lillen B.

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
Yes, because people want to be hated and treated as disposable trash 24/7, that is completely healthy and believable behavior and not total fetish writing. Lel being a masochist can only explain as far as sex or roleplaying, which could be the case since this is supposed to be a game, but since the writing is aiming to keep it ambiguous if this is just online roleplaying or if it is a virtual fantasy universe, it is gonna be hard to swallow the ammount of abuse going on.

Also, about Kayden, being a nice person isn't a pros and cons game. Being a hard worker and donating to charity isn't going to award you enough good points for you to go home and beat your wife and still be a nice guy. Kayden throws a lot of seemingly senseless abuse towards Lel and Leigh, and shows no regret or hesitation for it. If nothing else, his behavior is just plain toxic and usually people don't care for that.
I guess I'm one of the minority here who believes the "game" is actually another universe instead of just roleplay. Thats why I dont hate Kayden is because I assumed his actions are quite normal for a world of violence, deaths and slavery.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
so I wouldn't say hes abusive to Leigh, and for Lel everyone abuses her. I really think Kayden believes hes making the "right" decision for the team and delivers his actions in a very blunt/rude way without much consideration for the others. But then being considerate could be a luxury if its a dangerous world.

His actions (and any other members attitude towards Lel) would be crazy in our world's standard but this is exactly one of the reasons why I never ever thought they are just roleplaying in an online game. But if I'm wrong then Kayden would be a dick lol. I just thought Kayden was from another world and would have been a much better person if hes born in our world.

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018

Actually all the time its called "Stockholm Syndrome" and extremely common in kidnap victims and even short term hostages. She was sold as a young child into slavery and grew up a slave. We also have zero idea what happened after her emancipation or method of emancipation so it is very possible been a useful tool was a much better option. We simply don't have enough information to judge any of characters yet. I wonder how any of us would be judged on a snapshot of just two days that had us showing worst traits. You trying to keep everyone alive, your new comrade ignores your orders and rearranges your formation leaving no rearguard when flanked and then other members delay and argue when flanked resulting in death of a party member. Anyone who wasn't pissed of and punishing squad in that situation I would not want leading because that shit is not acceptable and would keep getting people killed. This is not a game to them.

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
Everyone defending Kayden... stop you are ruining the fantasy. I want him to be an asshole and sadist. :p
how about not that much of an asshole but still sadistic (does that even work?:unsure:)
because complicated characters are way more interesting
you can hate them but sometimes you have to agree with them or you understand their reasoning
you can like them but still hate the way they handle stuff

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
So compiling the overall defense for Kayden argument is that,

Regarding Leigh:
He messed up so he deserved the physical abuse and being chewed out in the dungeon. Kayden is clearly omniscient so he already knew Leigh was gonna mess up which is why he was already being abusive towards Leigh before by being insulting, demeaning, and a selfish partner. It was all retroactive punishment.

Regarding Lel:
She is clearly damaged, which means Kayden isn't mistreating a person against their will, he is just exploiting a mentally ill person for free labor. Much better.

Sass aside, Kayden isn't the worst person that ever existed with no redeemable traits, but he is an asshole, and he's not acting like someone who makes the mistake of being an asshole sometimes, he's acting like someone who is regularly an asshole and there's nothing wrong with it. You keep a character like that in a position of power going for too long and it becomes very difficult to justify, and any redemption arc runs the risk of feeling forced.

HenWen

Aug 8, 2017

Unlocked

Soon you'll meet new nude characters and make new lewd decisions!
As a side note, it's become my goal to make choosing friends, group mates, and lovers as difficult as possible by simply giving you far, far too many choices. Muahahahahaaa!

4.30 star(s) 123 Votes