VN - Ren'Py - Heart Problems [v0.8 Final] [Xenorav]

1. 5.00 star(s)

SilentRunning

The sexual tension and slow burn is just about perfect in Heart Problems.

The incest story isn't new, but everything is so well done that it ends up being very captivating and very, very sexy.

The unoriginal story is probably the weakest element, but it just doesn't matter when everything else is done so very well.

The graphics are great.
    The animations are great.
    The characters are great.
    The writing works and never feels tedious.
    The teasing is effective.
    The slow burn is enticing.
    When the payoff comes the quality was astounding. Astounding.

I wish all Visual Novels were this good.

There is one massive problem with Heart Problems. I didn't realize the depth of the problem until I finished the .6 test, but once I finished it I started to realize that the high quality of Heart Problems was ruining a lot of the other games I tried to play afterwards.

Seriously, the vast majority of the Visual Novels in this genera are pretty bad. You have to overlook a lot of things to enjoy them.

I had a harder time overlooking a lot of these problems after finishing Heart Problems. I found myself wishing whatever Visual Novel I was checking out was as good as Heart Problems.

It has been a couple of weeks since I finished Heart Problems and I am still finding my tolerance for shitty writing, shitty visuals, shitty animations, and shitty pacing has decreased.

So be warned, playing Heart Problems may very well decrease your interest in other Visual Novels you might otherwise have enjoyed.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Prozionite

Heart Problems is a pretty typical family harem game, but it accomplishes what it sets out to do well enough in some areas and exceptionally in others.

The beginning of this game is rough, characters are either uninteresting or flat out annoying. but it feels like there's a point in the game where the quality is just all around improved and I found myself more engaged with the characters and story. If you find yourself not hooked immediately, then it might be a good idea to stick with it if you're a fan of this genre, because it does get better.

On top of that, sex scenes got much better as well. Where the early ones felt quite flat and disappointing, it feels like even small teasing scenes have a lot of effort put into them now. I like how the heat is slowly being turned up with different characters relationships in interesting ways.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Kmilo9

Hi, I just played Being a Dik and I hardly found a game worth playing again, believe me Heart Problems is worth it. I see that in the comments they complain about the bad lighting of some renders but they should remember that it is a beta version, and as for the animations I know that there are not the ones that one would like and some are 5 fps or so but the good ones that there are in the most important moments. (And I know that the protagonist is ugly but I could say that only in the first chapters)
  4. 4.00 star(s)

the_fluff

Review as of 8/8/2022 for v0.6 Test

I really liked the game and am looking forward to updates. The stories not bad and I'm pretty interested in the characters and the models are honestly banging. I could tell while playing that the dev is a true ass appreciator and I love that because while there have been more ass appreciation by devs they usually stick with one type usually the fat ass which is a tried and true form but with these asses there was variety each girl had a different appeal to their asses. The groping was also A1 with the way the MC would fondle and how we could see his fingers sink into the ass flesh.

Overall a solid play with solid pacing, decent story, and great models.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

darkdepths

Models and animation are awesome but that´s already it.

Story is 0815 which is not necessarily bad but the whole teasing gets really dumb and annoying after some time. Every scene gets interrupted, no reward or at least some kind of finish for the MC until the last versions. It is especially irritating because you are forced to go through all other girls first before you can "progress" with your main interest.

Imo the corruption tag is dead wrong, you can try to be pushy and horny but in the end you are always forced to play the nice boring lovey dovey guy.
    You have to be the cringy knight in shiny armor, the decisions you can make are meaningless in this regard.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

Rotumaru

Please let's be honest, both the story and the development of events and relationships are a complete mess. I am surprised that many of the reviews speak positively about this section

To begin with, the first episode is a torture of "my aunt, my uncle, my mother, my nephew, my cousin, your mother, your uncle..." Please, once the relationships between the characters are defined, it shouldn't be necessary a constant reminder of who's who. In addition to how complicated it is to understand at first what are the relationships that you should define.

And obviously, and all the situations start to be very spicy from the zero moment, it seems very unbelievable that suddenly everyone feels attracted to the MC.

In addition to the little coherence of events. Things like...SPOLIER

- Your uncle sends you away from home, to his apartment, but your aunt asks you for the address of it. Your uncle, her husband, never told his wife about this apartment?

- You are living with your cousin and it turns out that you find out from her friend that she had a boyfriend and that their relationship has ended. If you are so close to your cousin, and you live in her house, have she never talked about this?

- You are going to have dinner at a friend's house, with your aunt's friend and your aunt. Your aunt's friend calls to go to dinner, but your friends stay in the room because they prefer to fuck. You show up in the kitchen and your aunt's friend throws a boiling pot on you, and you end up in her bed with your cock in her hand, planning a fuck date for the next day and not having been able to have dinner. And later this woman shows up at your apartment with the pot of food, the apartment that your mother didn't know where it was, because you hadn't been able to eat anything before...

Really, the development is so unbelievable that the lewd moments become unattractive.

The renders and animations are excellent and I'm not going to criticize anything. I just like women with more realistic bodies, without such huge breasts or asses. But I repeat that they are a 10

But, I prefer the story and the characters over the quality of the renders

Sorry, my English isn't very good, i tried my best
  7. 5.00 star(s)

lebroff

The game is really good the story gets you and it feels connected with the characters. Humor is also good and the choices matter and it really is a premium game in the lewd category which everyone should try once.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

DiceRoller

For a "Test" it over exceeds the standard by a mile, fantastic renders, clean/crisp animations and narration. I love how Stephanie is like a little puppy with how she handles her "urges". I will be following this VN until the very end whenever that may be.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

DarkLoki

This game makes me so sad, what's good is really good but what's bad is so bad it's a deal breaker:

The Good: Story not too original but approaches subject in a different way then we are used to seeing.
    Models are original and attractive (with the possible exception of the younger brat)

The Bad: Have you heard the one about the have that made you read 37 pages of dialogue only to have 8 or 9 different images to go with it? Spent over 3 hours playing and MC spent most of the time dry-humping his "not in-laws" asses.
    Animations? What animations?
    Even trying to change the LIs relationship, every other page has someone referring to their "not_mother", really kills immersion. Rookie mistake.
    I think the worst part though is the lighting of the renders. The best scenes which you really want to see are so badly lit, if it were photos they would be called "super over-exposed" and "washed out".

Game just ain't ready for prime time
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Geralt_R

Hello fellow F95Zone visitor!
    Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change...

And yes, Heart Problems is the first VN ever that makes me quote Vaas from Far Cry 3.
    For the longest of longest times this game feels like the very definition of insanity. You do the same things over and over and over and OVER again, expecting for things to change. Only they don't! Until they do... but let's not skip ahead...

The basics: Heart Problems is more or less your standard family game. MC lives with his aunt, uncle, older and younger female cousin. Parents are dead or absent (father is dead, mother left the family years ago), uncle and aunt took the MC in when he was 13 or so, he's now 21. He has no job and doesn't go to college, he has a lot of time therefore.
    Cousin Kylee is about his age, the younger cousin Stephanie is a lot younger, at least she looks a lot younger, like 15 maybe. Amelie is your typical 25-year-old looking milf.

Character models are a mixed bag for me.
    The older cousin Kylee is extremely attractive, chances are you will like her the most. She'a a goddess. Aunt Amelie is of the very curvy (very young looking) milf variety... I am not a fan of her balloon breasts, but many others like these big breasts, so it's down to taste, but apart from that Amelie is very attractive, her face is a work of art. She is very attractive overall.
    Younger cousin Stephanie is not really my type, she looks REALLY young. No age is given for her, but she looks like 15 maybe. She's cute in her own way, but I feel many may develop a dislike for her because she's super annoying (especially in the first few chapters). She does improve somewhat though in later chapters if you put up with her. So maybe don't give up on her entirely, things will get better.

Then there are two side characters. Mia, who is ok, but cannot hold a candle to Kylee, and Mia's mom Lauren who is an overweight super curvy, super thirsty milf that doesn't even remotely compare to Amelie. They are the super easy poor man's variant of Kylee and Amelie. And they serve only one purpose in this game. No person in his right mind would ever choose them when there is Kylee and Amelie, but that is just my opinion.

The game favors a POV perspective, but every now and then you do get a third person view. Kissing scenes often, not always, alternate between POV and third person perspective. As expected the POV kisses look very silly.
    At times the close-up is very extreme and all you really see is the nose of the partner. It looks silly and weird. The third person perspective however is pretty ok with tongue action etc. Some kissing scenes are also properly animated. Always a plus! Most of the other steamy scenes have a third person view, some oral sex has POV as well, but it's mostly ok.

So there are animations, in later chapters the animations are also really good. Not so much early on, but things improve considerably.
    The renders are ok, not extraordinary, but competent. Here and there you may see some minor clipping, it's not terrible though. For several outdoor scenes the game uses photos, but the DAZ models are well integrated into these real world environments and it didn't bother me. The home and other interiors are DAZ assets of course.
    Music is included, it's ok. Here and there you will get some sound effects.

But let's return to the insanity....

The thing is... Heart Problems is an ultra super deluxe slow burn game when it comes to the three main love interests Amelie, Kylee and Stephanie.
    The MC can have (early) sex with thirsty milf Lauren and her daughter Mia, who has a boyfriend (!). I rejected both however. Lauren I just found not attractive at all and Mia is all kinds of crazy and she's also in a relationship. Both of them feel like discount versions of Kylee and Amelie who are the superior characters in every way.
    And that leaves the actual family members. And here is where the game may or may not make you question your own sanity, depending on what you like or don't like.
    You see, you do reach a certain point with Amelie, Kylee and Stephanie not too far into the game. And then things stall. And don't progress. Ever.
    The teasing then does include the usual interruptions, almost penetrations only for a character to say that it's wrong, not here, not now, not ever etc...
    So what you will get are groundhog day loops of grinding, rubbing and oral sex. And with Amelie not even that, mostly just kissing and fondling/groping/massages/yoga (yes, this game does have yoga scenes of course).

Slow burn and teasing are fine, and each scene here in Heart Problems does have very good erotic tension, the scenes - in isolation - are all fine actually, they all look great and are pretty steamy. The tension between Amelie and the MC is especially palpable, the heated passion between Kylee and the MC is also very well realized. And I appreciate that almost always kissing is involved, so things don't jump straight to the not quite sex. These scenes usually take their time. Stephanie... well, is just crazy and obsessed so things are a bit different with her. The MC mostly just indulges her, whereas he is head over heels in love with Kylee (and Amelie).

But the insanity is dialed up to 11 when the game leads you from one teasing scene straight to the next only to give you one more teasing scene after that because you still may not have had your fill of teasing for one day.

At certain points in the story the MC will make advances on Amelie, the usual kissing and groping etc ensues... until she gets cold feet as always... MC, seconds later, runs into Stephanie... who is super thirsty.... but all you get is some grinding and maybe oral sex... and then you meet Kylee and you get the same thing from her you got from Stephanie earlier. And by that point you have seen similar scenes quite a few times and nothing ever progresses. Which may make you question why you put up with this.

What I am saying here is that after a while the teasing loop with ever repeating scenes outstays its welcome. The scenes are not the same, but they all have the same content. Kylee has some completely BS reasons for not wanting actual sex, she even pretends the MC is not her boyfriend (he is, they are in love, not even a shadow of a doubt about that ever) and that whole spiel goes on for much too long.

Stephanie on the other hand is just plain crazy and can come across as super annoying. And what the MC eventually does to her is basically the same he does with Kylee. No variation really.

Amelie is super sweet, super nice, super pretty, but SO SO SOOOOO insecure and she keeps pointing out how much she loves her husband who keeps neglecting her (he's almost never home). Her path has glacial progression, it even regresses after the first two chapters and Amelie then is fixated on going on a date with her husband to make things right again... and will reject all advances. But we all know these games, we have played plenty of them and it will not spoil anything when I say this date never materializes... because the husband has no time after all and doesn't even return home, he ditches her on the day of their anniversary of all things.
    And only after that the Amelie loop continues... with the same kissing and groping/massages/yoga. Only that you feel and see that Amelie becomes more and more ok with it. That's some progress at least.

So depending on your tolerance levels for intense teasing this game may give you high blood pressure. And things can get old after a while. How many more times do you want to see Kylee grinding herself on the MC while telling him that actual sex cannot ever happen because... "reasons"? Or Stephanie doing the same things as Kylee? Or Amelie exchanging kisses? Sometimes all of that strung together in one endless sequence of teasing with three characters in a row on one evening/night? Even the MC complains about this in his inner monologue. So at least the dev knows very well what he is doing here...

All that being said the dev either felt guilty for the insane teasing or has an actual plan... because in the latest update this loop of utter insanity is finally broken. But at that point you probably wait for the uncle to storm in or for an earthquake to hit or for the partner to get cold feet once more...

However, none of that happens and the scene you get is very, very long (the longest yet), the MC and the LI do all kinds of wholesome vanilla stuff in various positions, and they do it with abandon. As if to make up for all the repetitive teasing scenes from before. Animations are also pretty great at this point in the game. So the floodgates have at least opened for one main character now and the relationship has reached the next level. And the payoff is actually very good and satisfying!

The thing is, as you can also see by the many positive reviews, the game is not bad, not even remotely so. The teasing is very effective, there's a lot erotic tension, the characters, while not super original, are at least compelling, especially Amelie and Kylee. Stephanie may be an acquired taste and again, she looks a bit young... but she gets better in later chapters. Mia and Lauren, for me, are completely forgettable inessential side characters. Their only purpose is to distract from the constant teasing you otherwise get. But their scenes in return feel hollow and meaningless. Thus I eventually reloaded a save and rejected both of them.

And yes, you can reject characters in this game. With Lauren it may not be super obvious how to do that. I had to consult a walkthrough to see which options I need to choose to set a certain variable to "false". Because orginally Lauren gave the MC a blowjob even with her lust attribute at a whopping 0. But that scene is avoidable if the MC insults Lauren a bit earlier, but to get the insult option you first have to pick a positive reply... which was not very intuitive without a walkthrough.

So... should you play this game if you like the genre? As things are now, with release 0.6test.... Absolutely. You will be rewarded towards the very end and the otherwise endless teasing at least finds an end with one of the love interests. That will make the ultra slow burn with other characters much more bearable. Despite all that the teasing may give YOU heart problems while playing the game since several overused tropes are used here and things are in a groundhog day loop for quite a long time.
    And if you happen to love slow burn... you can't go wrong here. Maybe Stephanie may annoy you but both Kaylee and Amelie will keep you playing, they are both great. You can also reject Mia and Lauren and you will still get more than enough content, both are really just stress relief characters and otherwise not important really.

Heart Problems does not bring anything new to the table really, you know the archetypes, you know the tropes, you know the patented sexual progression route used in countless VNs... but what Heart Problems does pretty well is creating erotic tension between characters and they are at least not as 2-dimensional as in many other games, at least Amelie and Kylee. Who are the two most important characters in this game, in my opinion.
    The entire game is also very wholesome, everything here is based on mutual love and romance (even with Stephanie to a somewhat lesser degree, the MC is not as much into her at first). There are (so far) no forced kinks, everything is vanilla, which I appreciate a lot.
    You do get plenty of scenes with all the main love interests, it's never boring, but after getting the same kind of interaction for the fourth of fith time and at one point even getting those scenes three times in a row with all three main characters one after another in one long sequence... you may dread the next scene... because you may have lost all hope at that point that things will ever progress... or maybe you just start quoting Vaas from Far Cry.
    Thus the spoiler... you will be rewarded! Maybe this will keep you from having actual heart problems. The payoff at the very end of the current build is absolutely worth your time. And that one scene alone will make every other encounter before that worth playing.

I would generally advise that you wait with slow burn games until there is sufficient content and progress at least on one route, as there is now. I do not want to know how people felt after release 0.5.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Argrond

That is how VN-game should be.

Simple but entertaining story.
    Gurls curvy/appealing in all the right places.
    Great renders and good animations.
    A lot of actions of various sort.

Like, what do you even expect and need from a VN-like sex-oriented story? Exactly the thing HP is delivering you.

I will not be original to say I'd like more frequent updates, but I can wait a bit if it's worth it, and this VN-game is exactly that.

Imo, almost straight 5*, not gonna complaint about small details, they are unsignificant. The main thing - game delivers what you expect it to, what's more to ask... )
  12. 5.00 star(s)

dipto7077

Probably the best game on this site. There is not much to say, other than this is close to perfection. The author really is a master in his craft. Great storyline. Instead of fapping I was playing the game for the story. If you want high graphics game with a good story then this game is definitely for u. hope to get update regularly.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Madtt

The best game I've ever played in recent times! The only issue I've found is that sometimes MC calling amelie by her name. Unless this game has the good potential to become a best incest game!. Thank you.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Crowangel

I honestly approached this title with low expectations.. it didnt immediatly jump out at me as a title that could have such depth to it and would just be another vn to bridge the time gap between other titles..
    BOY WAS I WRONG!!!
    This title has the essence of 'summer with mia' without the season 1 blackmail and tricking his 'sister' into the lewd acts..
    It has a decent amount of humour.. the female characters are VERY well designed.. there is a good choice system and the story moves slow enough to be enjoyable for the casual reader..
    What this title does do well is relationship building.. The main 3 housemembers grow together if played right and its a NICE build up instead of the rush to lewd most titles give..
    Outside of the main 3 women there are a few others (atm) that are a wider appeal to those who like a fuller figure, while adding an optional 'cheating' route for any who like to walk on the wilder side of lewd interactions..
    Animations are well done so far BUT the dev falls into the pitfall several have done when animating a scene by thinking that MORE SPEED to the same animation action looks better.. when it doesnt it looks comedic and ruins that final build up moment.. pun intended.. Slow and sloppy starts with a regular or slight momentum build work much better DEV..
    Not sure where the future lies with this title but its something i'll be following the progress of for some time and hope they continue to add more beautiful ladies of various tastes and styles.. *cough Hot Goth/Emo pls *cough
    Keep this good work going dev and i'm sure the success will follow..
  15. 5.00 star(s)

joeyfly23

Hey you! do you like the booty? If so the girls in Heart Problems will give you heart problems.

Okay, corny joke aside, this is a really good game. It is a slow burn, but it burns so good. Seriously, the girls are so lovable. Even the character designed to be slightly annoying becomes very endearing, or it might just be her ass. Idk, I can't think straight when it comes to this game.

Just play it and thank me later.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

JackMiejov

Review for Heart Problems v0.8

I started playing this game with the 0.3 release. This game easily makes it into my top 10 favorite adult visual novels even after playing several hundred of them. I'm not really a fan of incest, but it's inescapable in adult games, and yet, Heart Problems still manages to be one of the best. The slow development pace is the main complaint of most players, and they are not wrong. However, it's also a clear indication of how much players really like the game and just can't wait for more.

Story: 3/5 - The story is the weakest part of the game. It's a fairly vanilla incest story with a young MC, his aunt, and cousins. The characters have stereotypical moral dilemmas over cheating and incest. The relationship building with the MILF aunt is a slow burn and it's another stereotype. There's really nothing wrong with the story, it's just that there's nothing original about it.

Writing: 4.5/5 - The writing is good. It's easily better than 90% of adult visual novels, but it's not outstanding. Grammar and spelling aren't perfect, but mistakes are infrequent and not distracting.

Visuals 5/5: Both the renders and the animations are excellent. The models for Amelie, Kylie, and Stephanie are beautiful, and the lewd scenes with them are very hot. One con is that the renders/models earlier in the game are a little "soft". Maybe that's not the correct term, but textures and lighting seem to lack detail as if they're intentionally blurred. Other games do this, too, maybe to improve render time, decrease image size, or just cover up rendering artifacts, I don't know.

Content: 5/5: The lewd scenes are hot. The dev has a good understand of erotica, at least the vanilla type. There's a good amount of content in the game, too, but for the amount of time between updates, the amount of content is fairly average. Starting with v0.6, the updates have had more content, but they've also taken longer and longer to develop, so not really any change of development pace. I do appreciate the quality over quantity mentality, though.

Gameplay: 4.5/5 - I prefer less choices that are more meaningful. Early in the game, there are quite a few choices, but it's not clear how much they actually matter. I think they allow players to reject the various love interests, but I'm not sure because I always play as the man-whore to get the most love-interests. If the choices do allow you to avoid specific girls, then it's actually harder to avoid love-interests than it is to win them over. Later in the game there are almost no choices at all. So far, just selecting the obvious choices for improving relationships with love-interests seems to get all of the best scenes.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

i need mental help

This shiit is good, with those animations is killing me dog. 100/10.

The 3 characters has amazing model, their personalities are good, cause they want to be good girls, but they are ad girls. 100/10
  18. 5.00 star(s)

unspecified1234

Fantastic models, lots of fun and kinky sex scenes. Thicc and curvy ladies. Focus on pleasuring the ladies is always a plus. When this pops an update it's immediately queued up for me. Check it out.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4665797

I'm a normal guy liking normal natural stuff.

This game have THE BEST sex and love making animations here on F95.
    I judge by the overall feeling what I get from the animation.
    - face expressions
    - naturalness of moves
    - conversation/text
    - overall immersion
    Maybe just few better angles and a bit better lighting and it would be spectacular.
    Only eg. BADIK and abandoned MMC could be compared to this one but this one feels even more immersive and loving towards the characters.

DISCLAIMER:
    I don't consider these "sex simulators" games so I don't care about story at all. Only the quality of animations. (when I want to play a game I go play a real game not renpy, unity etc.)
  20. 5.00 star(s)

stir1999

Excellent models with lots of emotions and facial animations. Pretty decent number of different outfits.
    Amazing characters, overwhelmingly sexy scenes with them and smooth alas simple animations.

Story is ok, but nothing spectacular.