Sep 30, 2017
if I buy it, will someone cover it next time?
By all means if you can get it and post it here, you'd make quite a lot of ppl happy. But lets say u do post a 4.8.0 link, the ones here would still need to wait for someone with good coding skills to whip up a auth crack. I'm not saying not to help this community out, but know that you'd make getting our hands(or paws for some of you out there) on this new update quicker.

Also, sorry to say but to answer your question, Im in no way to financially support Heat or else I'd be hanging out in they're discord rn lol

eightdragon

Oct 16, 2022
By all means if you can get it and post it here, you'd make quite a lot of ppl happy. But lets say u do post a 4.8.0 link, the ones here would still need to wait for someone with good coding skills to whip up a auth crack. I'm not saying not to help this community out, but know that you'd make getting our hands(or paws for some of you out there) on this new update quicker.

Also, sorry to say but to answer your question, Im in no way to financially support Heat or else I'd be hanging out in they're discord rn lol
If it's not up by next weekend, I'll probably end up buying it. If I do, I'd also probably go through the discord for any new mods (assuming I'd have access to them)

Reactions: Chaiba
Sep 30, 2017
If it's not up by next weekend, I'll probably end up buying it. If I do, I'd also probably go through the discord for any new mods (assuming I'd have access to them)
Heck ya.
If I were u I'd post any if not all available mods from the discord to here, assuming u do get access to the mods channel. Who knows there maybe some neat skins for atlas or marina. It'd be cool to see some new utility mods(wishful thinking oc)

Reactions: eightdragon

Lolwut365

Jun 5, 2020
honestly beyond reskins and maybe some new models imported if people are especially ambitious i dont really expect much modding content for a good while, the game is in an early enough state that every update is likely to break stuff as they work out how they want to implement stuff

Sep 30, 2017
honestly beyond reskins and maybe some new models imported if people are especially ambitious i dont really expect much modding content for a good while, the game is in an early enough state that every update is likely to break stuff as they work out how they want to implement stuff
Your not wrong, seems pose packs are the easiest thing to break when it comes to new updates.
They came out with a new character at version 4.8.0, I wonder what 5.0.0 will hold. I really hope they add more characters too.
If they could colab with the folks that worked on yiffalicious ('yiff1' in my books), I bet these guys working on Heat could truly do incredible things.

Lolwut365

Jun 5, 2020
Your not wrong, seems pose packs are the easiest thing to break when it comes to new updates.
They came out with a new character at version 4.8.0, I wonder what 5.0.0 will hold. I really hope they add more characters too.
If they could colab with the folks that worked on yiffalicious ('yiff1' in my books), I bet these guys working on Heat could truly do incredible things.
I have ADD and am caffeinated, so wall of text incoming lol.

honestly with the number of extremely talented 3d artists, programmers, animators etc. in the furry community, with the right approach i could see Heat being something similar to Virt-A-Mate in terms of having a large community of content creators making mods, plugins, assets, environments, extensions etc. for the game. attracting the kind of people who do SFM animations and make/rig models would take some of the burden off the devs too because it'd let them focus on core gameplay elements instead of just adding assets. If they go all in with the modding tools and make it super modder friendly i think cool things could happen lol.

personally i'd like to see some improvements and options added to their posing system. like making the grab points visible similar to what intiMate had with the green/red balls. the way it is right now is kind of fucky not gonna lie, sometimes hard to find the grab points, elbows and knees can move and rotate unpredictably, and moving the chest/upper torso freqequently leads to the torso spinning around in horrible ways lol. if we could also have physics/collisions or a ragdoll mode when posing the characters, so that we can actually place feet on the floor or lay them on the bed or put them in the chair instead of floating midair and clipping through everything. like posing ragdolls in Garrys mod back in the day lol. another kind of an example of what i mean is what softscale does for the player characters hands in Farm-D, fingers move independant of each other and have their own collision and conform to surfaces they're touching, appear to have drag/friction and move in a much more natural way than what Heat does.

dovetailing into the previous thing, with more natural Player character hand posing you could add the ability for people with knuckles or leap motion (which they should add support for) to pose the other characters hands. make it a tool in one of the radial menus or something, highlight and select the hand to pose, use the hand tracking of the leap/knuckles to pose the fingers how you want and press a button on the other controller to set that pose. bonus points if you can go a step further and use full body tracking to pose the characters. either going first person like "posession" in VAM to move them, or place the character where you want them. hit a toggle and they mirror your movements in that spot until you hit the toggle again.

some other quality of life fixes/improvements would be cool too. like a way to respawn characters while retaining the last pose and position in instances where you get a weird physics glitch or body horror dong stretching etc. or the ability to toggle free pose from any of the default pose options so you can use poses other than #2 as a place to start from. or the ability to toggle tail collision/clipping on and off so they can actually sit in the chair without the tails freaking out.

its already a sandbox game, so might as well give us more toys to play with while we're at it. a camera/mirror system like in FarmD or VRchat would be another great addition. bonus points if you can record clips and pics instead of just the default steamvr screenshot feature. giving people tools to create their own content like the comics some have posted in this thread might be enough to draw more people to the game or get the people already playing it more engaged, more replay value. adding new characters and locations is great, but its the core mechanics that need most of the attention at this point imo. I love the game as it is, and its got potential to be even better.

beyond the posing system, more stuff that brings the characters to life is the other big thing, adding kissing was big imo, great because I felt like that had def been missing and adds a lot to the game. I can only assume that once they work out more core mechanics stuff they'll work on adding more in the way of personality and AI to the characters, more idle animations, more variation in how they react to stimulus, different orgasms, more stuff like how atlas will put his hand on your head during BJs etc would add more depth and realism/suspension of disbelief.

Tying in to the posing stuff above adding more interactions between characters would be another big thing. I like the multi-char poses alright but they're pretty static, and there arent many of them. when you're posing characters yourself they dont move very naturally at all either. upper torso all rigid, frozen in space while the bottom half is humping away. let us anchor the hands of one character or w/e on another character, but let the rest of the body move along with the humping motions more. be nice to see them able to perform handjobs and transistion from HJ to BJ and that kind of thing too. also fix atlas blowjobs please, its been forever lmao.

i'm not a coder or animator so i'm sure half this shit is a big ask, but any improvements on the stuff i've mentioned is a win in my book. this post is more of a wishlist than anything lol.

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes