TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Correction, those ladies know what's what.

I run a kitchen, i'm happy with that.

I can't create art but I know how to cook and yell at people.
Same here, was cooking before I could walk, but since I got permanently disabled while at the last one I worked in, now I am trying to expand my horizons. First I wrote a couple of stories, now I am trying my hand at this. ;)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
Oh one of the reasons I'm running slow is I tried to head off at the pass any "no surname on Kelly's jacket" remarks. Sadly, it just way beyond me to do. Sorry...
Sorry on being late to the party.

Cheap fix for now.

Say in the profile background that the player's family has a tradition, that last names are split between the progeny. So if 1, then both the parents last name with a hyphen (Sam A-B), if 2, John A and Jane B, if 3, all the previous. Assuming the player and Sister are the only progeny then each can have a differing last name. Which means you can give her a tag like everyone else.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Sorry on being late to the party.

Cheap fix for now.

Say in the profile background that the player's family has a tradition, that last names are split between the progeny. So if 1, then both the parents last name with a hyphen (Sam A-B), if 2, John A and Jane B, if 3, all the previous. Assuming the player and Sister are the only progeny then each can have a differing last name. Which means you can give her a tag like everyone else.
Sadly, her name has already been given as matching the player, makes it a bit difficult to change now... ;)

Reactions: Akamari

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
There can be many valid explanations why the tag is missing. For example, it can be that they are not obligatory and every ship/unit can choose whether to display them or not.

Or it can be a case of misplaced shipment with a box of name tags bound for the Iowa ending on the Invincible. :)

frap

Oct 17, 2018
There can be many valid explanations why the tag is missing. For example, it can be that they are not obligatory and every ship/unit can choose whether to display them or not.

Or it can be a case of misplaced shipment with a box of name tags bound for the Iowa ending on the Invincible. :)
Or, those pesky lockers on the V-class ships. You lock up your flight jacket and then the chain for your dog tags breaks and they fall down between the deck plates.... You have your back-up dog tags, but they don't unlock the locker, only the ones that are currently nearly a meter below the deck in some god-awful dusty hole that should never have been there in the first place. Good thing someone loaned you a jacket for use planet-side, and they'll get the locker opened when the ship gets back to the Iowa.

Or just an overworked ensign with too many tasks and too little time flat out forgetting the name tag before scrambling to jump on mission... at least you wore a bra, right?

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Just as well, surely we'll never hear anyone say: "You dishonour our proud family name by not wearing it! I'm telling Dad!" :)
No, more like...
MC points at her jacket. "Hey, dear sister, did you forget something?"
Kelly looks down at his finger which he quickly raises and "boops" her nose.
MC: "Gets you every time."
Kelly: "Arse."
MC: "But really, you forgot your name tag."
Kelly: "Double arse! I suppose you're gonna write me up?"
MC: "Nah, but watch out for Lt. Chadwick. She's a little gung-ho. She'll write you up for every time she lays eyes on you without it. You'd do best to avoid her altogether."

Huitieme

Scholarrior
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 9, 2018
No, more like...
MC: "Nah, but watch out for Lt. Chadwick. She's a little gung-ho. She'll write you up for every time she lays eyes on you without it. You'd do best to avoid her altogether."

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
No, more like...
That works on multiple levels, I love it.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Ok.... why was Kelly assigned on ophion and is this a coincidence or she's a strategist and pllanned every move?

I wouldn't put it past Notty to write Kelly as a genius that can calculate and predict people's choices and movements

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes