• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

The first is probs closer to what you're looking for if for SP, the last if for the Becca, A New Mope
Brill. Ta!

Reactions: frap

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I read it, but figured I would mention it, so when you do render it you didn't miss it. Preemptive typo fixes.

A lot of it makes mechanical sense, maybe throw in a morale or booty which of course could also be virgin for when you just start out.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
*nods nods*

Still very much at the rough stage at the mo. I have so much deadtime when rendering I may as start thinking about the next one. After all H5 is all plotted etc so nothing to do there - and H5 took me about six months work before I even made a piccy! :)

frap

Oct 17, 2018
Whew - 6 pages first thing in the morning.

Wrong time zone, I tell ya'.

It's okay, the discussion about Bioware/EA/Mass Effect/etc left me out - as a Mac user I never got the chance to play any of those.

My preferences for games, though (from least to most favorite)

4X (Explore, Expand, Exploit, Exterminate) - think Civ

FPS (First person shooters) - current fave franchise: Borderlands

Best games Anything Notty wants to make and share

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

*laughs*

*feels less weird about BP now!*
If you'd toned her build down, lightened the skin and gave her a bit longer hair we'd be having a totally different conversation.

I noticed a few similarities in a render you made a while back to myself but one thing that amused me as your renders improved and so did she so now I feel like a graphically inferior ginge.

It tickled me.

frap

Oct 17, 2018
If you'd toned her build down, lightened the skin and gave her a bit longer hair we'd be having a totally different conversation.

I noticed a few similarities in a render you made a while back to myself but one thing that amused me as your renders improved and so did she so now I feel like a graphically inferior ginge.

It tickled me.
Funny thing - that fits the description of someone who works at a deli I frequent, but I know it isn't you, because tiny as she is, she's dating a dude well over 6' tall - and we know you don't roll that way. Plus, how likely is it that 2 peeps from this thread would be in a backwater like this. ;)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Funny thing - that fits the description of someone who works at a deli I frequent, but I know it isn't you, because tiny as she is, she's dating a dude well over 6' tall - and we know you don't roll that way. Plus, how likely is it that 2 peeps from this thread would be in a backwater like this. ;)
I'm a chef so not too different apart from the dude dating thing.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian and frap

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017

It tickled me.
*concedes she feels considerably more comfortable about this!*

*poofs again*

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The 3D model of the ship is very nice, perhaps a bit too pristine for a pirate vessel, but who cares?
Quick questions:
- doesn't the number of guns matter at all?
- 4 pounders seem a tad underpowered? I guess there will be options to replace them with 6, 8, 12, or 18 pounders, or even carronades as the game goes on?
- 12 knots is quite a respectable speed for such a small vessel. I imagine it is with a clean hull and running full sail with a quartering wind?

Akamari

Forum Fanatic
Donor
May 28, 2017
The 3D model of the ship is very nice, perhaps a bit too pristine for a pirate vessel, but who cares?
Quick questions:
- doesn't the number of guns matter at all?
- 4 pounders seem a tad underpowered? I guess there will be options to replace them with 6, 8, 12, or 18 pounders, or even carronades as the game goes on?
- 12 knots is quite a respectable speed for such a small vessel. I imagine it is with a clean hull and running full sail with a quartering wind?
I guess those are stock values, but that's all I can say, sailing ships sail past me. :)

frap

Oct 17, 2018
As long as there's no "clean the barnacles off the hull" grind where you end up with a walkthrough like:

Days 1 -79: clean the barnacles off the hull, 3x per day until hull is at 100% clean
Day 80: talk to bartender to get a job, pick up supplies, clean barnacles off the hull
etc ad nauseum

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes