Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
The 3D model of the ship is very nice, perhaps a bit too pristine for a pirate vessel, but who cares?
Quick questions:
- doesn't the number of guns matter at all?
- 4 pounders seem a tad underpowered? I guess there will be options to replace them with 6, 8, 12, or 18 pounders, or even carronades as the game goes on?
- 12 knots is quite a respectable speed for such a small vessel. I imagine it is with a clean hull and running full sail with a quartering wind?
Faffing with gun numbers could get complex. From a coding and graphically updating the ship it's easier for me just to do it on firepower as opposed to numbers. And yep, as you guess we upgrade as you surmise.

Indeedy (on the speed) :)

But I've this great idea for cleaning barnacles off the hull! So unless you do it slows down

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

View attachment 355312
Oh, it's nothing but a short thing barely worth mentioning. I'm talking about the game of course XD
Can we leave your sexual orga....oh, your game! Right! ;)

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Quite, her words would be more flowery and polite, even though would mean exactly the same:p
*curts...* Hey!
Might I remind you, just a few short pages ago...

That doesn't sound all flowery and polite to me :eek: :unsure: :D
*sounds like that in real life*
*nods sagely*

Still that shout out on Philly's discord is very nice of him, hope it will help Notty.

Thnx Philly.
Aw bless, that was good of him. I'll drop him a line to thank him.

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
Faffing with gun numbers could get complex. From a coding and graphically updating the ship it's easier for me just to do it on firepower as opposed to numbers. And yep, as you guess we upgrade as you surmise.
Quite so, then if it's simply an arbitrary value why not then give the real measure of the ships firepower in throw weight? (for the non-nautically inclined, it's simply the sum of weight for all the cannonballs on one broadside) That way you don't have to get headaches if your ship carries different types of long guns (which was frequently the case irl)...

OK, I'll just shut up and slink back to my bunk, Ma'am...

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
Quite so, then if it's simply an arbitrary value why not then give the real measure of the ships firepower in throw weight? (for the non-nautically inclined, it's simply the sum of weight for all the cannonballs on one broadside) That way you don't have to get headaches if your ship carries different types of long guns (which was frequently the case irl)...

OK, I'll just shut up and slink back to my bunk, Ma'am...
Oh don't! This is why I popped it up! It'll take me months to get it all sorted in my head before I even touch anything!

But my thought was using total throw weight might be more confusing than not, as you'd be upgrading the cannon by weight. i.e show as 6 pounders when you buy 6 pounders as opposed to a throw weight of 36 pounds when you buy 6 x 6. (although throw weight would be only 18 on the broadside so even more confusing!)

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
Oh don't! This is why I popped it up! It'll take me months to get it all sorted in my head before I even touch anything!

But my thought was using total throw weight might be more confusing than not, as you'd be upgrading the cannon by weight. i.e show as 6 pounders when you buy 6 pounders as opposed to a throw weight of 36 pounds when you buy 6 x 6. (although throw weight would be only 18 on the broadside so even more confusing!)
HAHAHAHAHhh...hhhhmmmm. Sorry. My bad!
I thought we were talking about an ARMED ship.
Given the number of guns, it's not very important indeed... ;)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and DA22
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes