Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
No one has 0.5? Tried the demo and it seems it's multi5 and also optimized better.
Apparently there is so few people subbed to the game that are willing to leak the update here... and even fewer that deem it worth the one-time payment of 5$ to leak it in the first place.

Speaks a lot about the project if I dare say so myself...

Rigitino

Apr 8, 2018
Apparently there is so few people subbed to the game that are willing to leak the update here... and even fewer that deem it worth the one-time payment of 5$ to leak it in the first place.

Speaks a lot about the project if I dare say so myself...
I've contributed to this project a few times and am in (but not active) the discord. Every update it feels like nothing significant is added. It's always bug fixes, redoing old content again, changes to the combat system, etc.

It seems like this most recent update (or maybe the last 2) has the dev finally working in the right direction. The skeleton of the game is finished and now moving forward they look like, based on their roadmaps, they will be adding content every update and listening to the patrons (finally adding text skipping) instead of just spending all of their dev time on nonsense. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the low point and if the project actually picks up a lot of steam going forward.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
I've contributed to this project a few times and am in (but not active) the discord. Every update it feels like nothing significant is added. It's always bug fixes, redoing old content again, changes to the combat system, etc.

It seems like this most recent update (or maybe the last 2) has the dev finally working in the right direction. The skeleton of the game is finished and now moving forward they look like, based on their roadmaps, they will be adding content every update and listening to the patrons (finally adding text skipping) instead of just spending all of their dev time on nonsense. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the low point and if the project actually picks up a lot of steam going forward.
That's funny, because there is still a shit-ton of QoL updates that need to happen before this game can hang with the "big boys"...
Never mind that the combat is still barebones and boring.

And just look at the dev's reasoning for his reluctance in adding text-skipping: "I don't like the idea of text being skipped in my game (...)" like... seriously?
Forcing people to read quest text they've read dozens of times because of a lousy save system and ruining the 4th playthrough experience is justified because you are afraid some dudes might just want a quick wank with your art? How pompous...

Also, about the combat in this game: "Breaking away from the overcrowded Adult Visual Novel style game, Heavy Hearts is an action game with lewd content."
For a game with focus set on the game parts over the lewd parts, the combat system feels like any other RPGM game - an afterthought, quickly scraped together to justify being an RPGMaker game. I expected a helluva lot more from the gameplay mechanics if such is your claim, where lewd scenes are earned.

Which is a shame, the game art is great, and the story concept shows promise, but this feels like one of those games that will get rushed to completion near the end... whenever that is.

2.70 star(s) 23 Votes