VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

trdx

Aug 10, 2018
If I understand correctly his post, he IS committing to finishing the project, regardless of support. It would just take him longer time. From 0.4 onwards, if the pledges are let's say $500, he would work on the project 8 days per month.

I could understand that approach, although I think it would be smarter to just decide "I'm going to spend 150 hours per month on it" and if in the future support gets high enough, he could always change his plans.

Although I suspect that he might not go past 0.7 if the support is not high enough. I think the dev is in cycle of low support <--> not finishing project. I usually don't want to support dev that I don't think is committed to the project.

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
Why will i ignore such a patethic and predatory marketing? He can keep doing it and i can keep hammering it in here, it's more fun to me than basically playing an abandoned game.
You can do that too that's perfectly fine. Almost everyone in here is hammering it.

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
If I understand correctly his post, he IS committing to finishing the project, regardless of support. It would just take him longer time. From 0.4 onwards, if the pledges are let's say $500, he would work on the project 8 days per month.

I could understand that approach, although I think it would be smarter to just decide "I'm going to spend 150 hours per month on it" and if in the future support gets high enough, he could always change his plans.

Although I suspect that he might not go past 0.7 if the support is not high enough. I think the dev is in cycle of low support <--> not finishing project. I usually don't want to support dev that I don't think is committed to the project.
He is decidedly NOT commiting to finishing the game, regardless of (lack of) support.

INSUFFICIENT INTEREST IN THE PROJECT WILL RESULT IN IT'S CANCELLATION.

I bet my left nut that it's edited or deleted if it is no longer there.

Here's also a screen grab I snagged from DanThaMan in the Primal Instinct thread.

And here is my own screengrab, just to confirm:
1636154904938.png

Edit;Edited my first statement, as to clarify what I meant. Also; The demanded support by S&MP is insane, at least as that roadmap stands, and with the current track record at that.

Last edited:

Qwerfy

Jan 17, 2018
Why will i ignore such a patethic and predatory marketing? He can keep doing it and i can keep hammering it in here, it's more fun to me than basically playing an abandoned game.
I mean if you enjoy complaining to someone that's never going to reply to you over actually playing a game that's your own problem lol

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
He is decidedly NOT commiting to finishing the game, regardless of (lack of) support.

I bet my left nut that it's edited or deleted if it is no longer there.

Here's also a screen grab I snagged from DanThaMan in the Primal Instinct thread.

And here is my own screengrab, just to confirm:
View attachment 1486477

Edit;Edited my first statement, as to clarify what I meant. Also; The demanded support by S&MP is insane, at least as that roadmap stands, and with the current track record at that.
Dev is missing the point. That's not roadmap. That's just price list with no guarantees. And honestly, the game is not that great anyway. The story is pretty non-sense, the characters are okay, the storytelling is poor, and the gameplay is mediocre. This has trap written all over it just by relying on the game looking nice.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
I mean if you enjoy complaining to someone that's never going to reply to you over actually playing a game that's your own problem lol
I don't really care about the dev reading it, if 10 people read what i said and are now aware that the dev is a scumbag to me it's more than enough.

kavaman

Dec 25, 2018
It's the way this dev frames the argument for the desired support. It's a demand or threat rather than a plea. The Patreon model of support isn't designed for strongarm tactics even though I've seen others and supported at least one who've tried it but so far it always fails eventually. Maybe, they manage to eke out some tiny income stream with very little effort on their part but that's about it.

Consider Milky Touch, for example, they had financial problems at one point, and they put forth a good plea and reasons why they needed more support or they'd have to end the project. They got the extra support they requested because of the way they framed the argument.

Just a few years ago, it seems a dev could get support a lot faster because the field was a lot smaller. But now, there are tons more quality nudie games. Financial supporters are starting to become more scarce. The market is getting more competitive. A start up game of this type can't rely on the novelty of being a VN with nice looking erotic material because there's a lot more other games with nice erotic material these days.

Reactions: Xumeey

trdx

Aug 10, 2018

That statement directly contradicts what he wrote above it. Basically either first part or the second part is wrong. Not a good sign.

The dev needs to come up with business model and roadmap that will instil confidence.

Reactions: Anonymux

SuperPerv96

Apr 21, 2018
The renders looks amazing, really incredible! but apparently it's still very new so i'm guessing based on the download size there's not a lot of content, so i'll be back in a year

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
Dev is missing the point. That's not roadmap. That's just price list with no guarantees. And honestly, the game is not that great anyway. The story is pretty non-sense, the characters are okay, the storytelling is poor, and the gameplay is mediocre. This has trap written all over it just by relying on the game looking nice.
YES. Fucking finally someone said it.

All I read is "Well renders, it has potential, the girls are hot".

Potential? The story is a mess. If there is a story at all. It lacks much sense and tells us half-baked things. The characters don't stand out in anything but "the models because they are attractive and the renders are very good". They are forgettable. The MC seems to me to be quite mediocre.

I am a fairly easy to please person. But from the person creating the game to the game itself, there's only two good things:

1.- "The renders are amazing."
2.- This thread. I have a lot of fun reading it. :LUL:

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
The renders looks amazing, really incredible! but apparently it's still very new so i'm guessing based on the download size there's not a lot of content, so i'll be back in a year
Chances are it'll be abandoned by then :KEK:

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
Sad to see how hubris and greed can ruin people and even those around them...

This dude is destroying his own image as a developer... the only way i see how he redeems himself is by actually finishing his 1st EGame (Primal Instinct) and hope that most people are kind enough to give support at all. People usually forgive but rarely forget.

At this point it seems like its nothing but pure spite... and if the dev stays on this path, abandoned prefix is inevitable and it will certainly seal his fate as a developer.

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
That statement directly contradicts what he wrote above it. Basically either first part or the second part is wrong. Not a good sign.

The dev needs to come up with business model and roadmap that will instil confidence.
No, it's written by the dev very intentionally and very clearly.

Expected $ = full month worked on game
% of expected $ = % of month worked on game
And at any time, at dev discretion, game will be cancelled if supporters aren't throwing enough money. Which will probably be sooner than later if nothing changes because he is not even at v.01 income level yet.

And thanks to Primal Instinct, we know very well that the dev will carry out said cancellation.

Reactions: Anonymux

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
People will get desperate for their favorite fap material, it's scary but at the same time it makes us understand why some milking devs have the amount of subs they have.

Horniness and lack of brains are a dangerous combination, stay safe kids.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes