VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here are my unofficial android ports of Heir Apparent v0.015.
  • (Patreon version)
  • (incest patched)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Last edited:

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Sad thing is, if the dev never would have publicly released that ludicrous roadmap, and all the haughty and lofty comments thereafter, I have no doubt that his roadmap would have been met and probably vastly exceeded, had he just kept his mouth shut and let his work speak for itself. Talk about self evisceration. C'mon the almighty Incest genre, coupled with pretty decent writing, and immaculate photo realistic renders like this!!! The dude was sitting on a goldmine and squandered it. Such a shame. Tell me this shit don't look almost real.

1636247975178.png

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
Sad thing is, if the dev never would have publicly released that ludicrous roadmap, and all the haughty and lofty comments thereafter, I have no doubt that his roadmap would have been met and probably vastly exceeded, had he just kept his mouth shut and let his work speak for itself. Talk about self evisceration. C'mon the almighty Incest genre, coupled with pretty decent writing, and immaculate photo realistic renders like this!!! The dude was sitting on a goldmine and squandered it. Such a shame. Tell me this shit don't look almost real.

View attachment 1488207
He thought threats and blackmail was the way to go but unfortunately for him, that's not how it works. I hope he realises the mistake he made and tries to remedy the issue and focus on building trust.

Reactions: DonkeyFace

Cotytto

Jun 15, 2020
He thought threats and blackmail was the way to go but unfortunately for him, that's not how it works. I hope he realises the mistake he made and tries to remedy the issue and focus on building trust.
He didn't learn anything after pulling this exact same stunt with his other (abandoned) game. The guy is his own worst enemy.

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
Agreed. But he might have tarnished his name beyond repair. Maybe if he completely retracted that whole roadmap crap and publicly humbled himself, some might forgive and forget, but others never will. But at this point he would probably be better off abandoning his name and starting over under a different alias, but only if he learned from this mistake.

leon02457

Dec 3, 2018
Dev really want to know what happen to Katrina really hope she will be alive in the end

jonrage39

Jun 3, 2017
This is "If you wanna see my game, pay me", and let's not forget that is on patreon that "Current hardware allows me to do 150 - 180 renders a month at full capacity", so don't expect too much, also the worst is "INSUFFICIENT INTEREST IN THE PROJECT WILL RESULT IN IT'S CANCELLATION." The dev want money, and i'm ok with that, everyone need to pay his bills, but his last game is abandoned, so we have one guy, that don't finish his last project, wanting a good amount of money to that maybe he can make this game, not even some class A scammers (some come to my mind here) say this much. Don't get me wrong, the game have some good renders, but only that, there is a lot of developers here that have show a lot more work, have never abandoned their games, and making a fraction of what this dev is asking to "finish" his game, this is not passion for making a game, this is a joke. I have seen a lot of developers with this problem, they start making games, thinking that "i will make a fucking ton of money" and after he see that is not like this, they try to put stuff like this.
Reminds me of a dev from a while back, i dont remember her name, but she made a decent incest game about lesbian sisters. but after a few months she didn't get the following she expected so she abandoned it to start a new game. the new game was decent enough, about a school girl at some special school, but then that game didnt catch on either. so, she abandoned it, and launched another about gods and greeks and such.

anyways, that game eventually got abandoned too and she kept on like that for a while, just launching and abandoning progressively worse ideas, until she eventually decided it wasn't going to work and she quit. she didn't realize that it takes time to build a following and constantly starting and stopped was actually turning people away from pledging. she even said similiar things, 'she wanted to become a full time dev, but needed the projects to pay enough that she could commit the time, if this doesn't hit, she'll move on to a new game that hopefully will'. only she wasn't willing to be patient for any kind of following or word of mouth to grow. and in a flooded marketplace of similar games, a lot of people aren't going to invest in a game thats actively being threatened with cancellation.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
New Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.015b + Ripson's Walkthrough mod

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

(if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Help me pay for some storage if you want. Or don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Dev really want to know what happen to Katrina really hope she will be alive in the end
....Same. I thought I missed something, and played a second time to see what happened to her.

...Did the insurgents storm the castle and kill the king and the people closest to him? Hmm.

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
This is "If you wanna see my game, pay me", and let's not forget that is on patreon that "Current hardware allows me to do 150 - 180 renders a month at full capacity", so don't expect too much, also the worst is "INSUFFICIENT INTEREST IN THE PROJECT WILL RESULT IN IT'S CANCELLATION." The dev want money, and i'm ok with that, everyone need to pay his bills, but his last game is abandoned, so we have one guy, that don't finish his last project, wanting a good amount of money to that maybe he can make this game, not even some class A scammers (some come to my mind here) say this much. Don't get me wrong, the game have some good renders, but only that, there is a lot of developers here that have show a lot more work, have never abandoned their games, and making a fraction of what this dev is asking to "finish" his game, this is not passion for making a game, this is a joke. I have seen a lot of developers with this problem, they start making games, thinking that "i will make a fucking ton of money" and after he see that is not like this, they try to put stuff like this.

Nah bro, it's punishing your contributors for not paying you more money every month.

So if to finish 0.1 it's $600, and it takes 60 people (because in this scenario everyone has to pay $10/month) to get there. Ok so that update is out of the way, and yay! it got another, I dunno let's be generous, 20 contributors.

Now we're beginning work on 0.2 so now we'll have enough money for it and then some that we'll put in savings for simplicity, right?
Nope, sorry to the 60 people who covered the entire cost of 0.1, even with the extra 20 people your $10 isn't sufficient anymore and nobody new seems to be subscribing (because I'm a massive douchebag for how I'm handling this financially). So it's up to you to either contribute more or to convince more people to contribute or I'll slow down and force you to wait longer for this update, and that's if I don't bail and cancel the project entirely.

And that's every single update, now that I lay it out like that it doesn't just sound like he's threatening to punish the people paying him if they don't keep increasing their donations but it also sounds like the way scientology and other cults keep making money. Only this is a mediocre ren'py game on patreon and not the promise of eternal paradise or w/e.

Now, unless he's doubling the amount of content found in 0.1 for 0.2 then why in the fuck is it $1,200? It's not like the assets he uses in each update are brand new and can't be reused, there's nothing to justify how his goal jumps like that. Most devs will say, 'I need a new (insert piece of hardware) so my new goal is $x' or, 'If I hit this next goal I'll be able to pay someone to help with x.' or even, 'If we reach $x I'll be able to work on this project full time'

Instead with this guy it's like a shitty mob shakedown, 'It's a real nice game you've all got going here, be a real shame if updates were to come out less often or, god forbid if it were to get abandoned... we wouldn't want to see that happen would we? So pay up. And I'm expecting you to have more for me next time."

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
Threats only work if there's no alternative to what you're offering and while this may have above average qualities (like the look of the renders) it's pretty solidly average at best and well *gestures at this entire site* we definitely have access to as many alternatives as possible.

Reactions: Hajtand

leon02457

Dec 3, 2018
....Same. I thought I missed something, and played a second time to see what happened to her.

...Did the insurgents storm the castle and kill the king and the people closest to him? Hmm.
Thanks brother for agree with me

Reactions: MrBenny

Lysergic

Aug 18, 2018
You're absolutely correct about punishing the patrons but (unlike scientology) it doesn't seem to be rational or planned out. He's doing this to his patrons just because they're there and he wants to vent about not getting paid enough. My pop-psychological two cents are - he's stuck between wanting the few remaining patrons to just go away so he can put it behind him, and hoping for more patrons/success.

If I were him I'd just close shop now and in a year or so, if I still wanted to, came back with a new brand and project. Current situation is toxic for everyone involved.
What they should do is figure out a schedule that allows them to put out decently sized updates that won't interfere with their "freelancing" work regardless of how much their patrons are paying. Then if what they're putting out is good enough, and especially if they speed up that initial release schedule (likely by reinvesting the contribution income into better equipment) they could get enough patrons to let them work on the game more and "freelance" less, maybe switching to the game full time (and I think that with a little polishing on the storytelling side of things they easily could get to that point).

Instead they're trying to skip those first steps and trying to start at the end by using threats hoping it distracts people from the way they skipped those first steps.

Reactions: Xumeey

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Now, unless he's doubling the amount of content found in 0.1 for 0.2 then why in the fuck is it $1,200? It's not like the assets he uses in each update are brand new and can't be reused, there's nothing to justify how his goal jumps like that. Most devs will say, 'I need a new (insert piece of hardware) so my new goal is $x' or, 'If I hit this next goal I'll be able to pay someone to help with x.' or even, 'If we reach $x I'll be able to work on this project full time'
To be devil's advocate, I think he has a goal of $2K to work on it full time. First updates have lower goals to boot the project. He did that for his previous game, but after more than a year he didn't reach it and lost patience.

But yeah his marketing is shitty, that's not how you do it.

Reactions: Xumeey

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
His patreons are slowly going up if he just keeps on delivering consistently more quality then he will get what he wants in no time. But I'm afraid he'll say something dumb like "needs more support or I won't work" then whatever little support he gained will plummet again.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes