VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes
Feb 18, 2018
I will be honest here, I don't much care about 99% of the games on this website. There are only 3-4 games that I look forward to and unfortunately, this is not one of them. I know the characters are well made and I am aware of the hype around the storytelling talent of the dev. The only character I care about is Katrina and by the looks of it, we won't even see her for many years to come. I don't want to criticise the dev but I have seen his past project abandoned for whatever reasons. I have low hopes for this game which in my opinion is inferior to his previous game. I sincerely hope that this game works out for him and he gets the support that he desires, but a 6-month update cycle for a 15-minute update is simply not a feasible plan. There are many games devs with a lower number of patreons and higher game quality present now so this kind of attitude has a difficult time surviving.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
This place is known for not giving negative feedback here. If you bark at dev's then it will be removed immediately. That is, a fucking corrupt place. Reviews don’t tell the whole truth when there are only those ass licking reviews left.
No it's not.

The review is supposed to just about the game and not about anything that the dev does, the frequency of his releases etc.

So hate the game, give it a bad rating sure, but for all the hate that S&M get, their games (The part that's done) are undoubtedly very good.

I actually don't even know how good this one is, as I only played their first game and that was by all measurable indexes a very good game until it got abandoned.

I'm not fans of the dev myself. I think what they did was very dumb and stupid. But the reason why everyone is complaining is precisely because it's such a great game with great potential.

If the game was awful, people will just leave a bad review and no one will start playing the game and the thread will only have like 10 pages.

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
SO I was going to test the game until I saw all the dev talking about is demanding more money :rolleyes: Make a good game and you'll make more money. It's bad practice and distastful to be on the 2nd release and demand money out of people. I know devs that have been working on games since 2017 and still making less than $100 but still contiue to put out their game in a timely manor.
Silk is a conundrum. Very good renders, decent story, excellent production value

And the attitude of a spoiled little girl that WANTS those new red shoes NOW!!!

Soggy Bread

Mar 28, 2021
Hope theres no ntr
It always creeps up in good rendered incest games.
I searched for ntr but everythings from past year, so is there ntr planned or any hint?

Dec 21, 2019
No it's not.

The review is supposed to just about the game and not about anything that the dev does, the frequency of his releases etc.

So hate the game, give it a bad rating sure, but for all the hate that S&M get, their games (The part that's done) are undoubtedly very good.

I actually don't even know how good this one is, as I only played their first game and that was by all measurable indexes a very good game until it got abandoned.

I'm not fans of the dev myself. I think what they did was very dumb and stupid. But the reason why everyone is complaining is precisely because it's such a great game with great potential.

If the game was awful, people will just leave a bad review and no one will start playing the game and the thread will only have like 10 pages.
Reviews are not an accurate reflection of a game at all. People dish out 5 star reviews for 2 minute demos like they're getting paid to do it. "No content yet but pretty woman and haz potential 5 stars durrrrr." Everything here is overrated because of this and yes, bad reviews are frequently deleted. And things like update frequency are extremely relevant and should definitely be considered.

After every drama unfolds, every comment that isn't pure dickriding gets deleted. Devs and/or their waterboys make a big stink, talk shit about this site and its dirty pirates as though they don't rely on the free exposure, act like they're being persecuted somehow because they can't handle feedback, call in the mods and eventually get their way. Being a member since 2017 it would be really strange if you hadn't seen this happen dozens of times. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been purged yet honestly.

It doesn't even make much sense. When you think about it for just 3 seconds, "This game is great!" and "This game sucks!" are the exact same comment. Both equally on topic because they're thoughts on a game, both include the same amount of detail. But one gets deleted, while the other one doesn't. For no reason other than bias. Bias towards the perceived authority figure, developers, even though they have absolutely no authority. Bias towards "nice" comments instead of honest ones.

Jun 6, 2021
This was disappointing. For the first time I'm tempted to take F95 and every user in this thread who gushed over this game to court for wages because it felt more like I was doing work than actually playing a game.

I mean seriously the writing in this is bad with a capital B. It's so dry and boring with little to nothing actually being said for paragraphs of text. As an example I want you to go over everything that was said in the pool scene and then actually tell me what was revealed. The one where Winter was being an emo retard. I mean seriously what was ACTUALLY said versus how many words were on screen. Not the only scene that does this either. Teasing works when you actually answer at least a little bit of the questions or give a bit of information. I'm still in the dark about things that have been brought up or referenced multiple times. Let's not forget that the player has ZERO reason to care about Winter as much as the MC does. I honestly wanted him to just walk away and tell her to stop even looking in his general direction.

Normally here you would see the argument about how the graphics carry it. Except they don't because they aren't actually used.

I've had more entertaining court cases. Like that one where a guy was basically scamming people on Patreon using an adult game.

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
Reviews are not an accurate reflection of a game at all. People dish out 5 star reviews for 2 minute demos like they're getting paid to do it. "No content yet but pretty woman and haz potential 5 stars durrrrr." Everything here is overrated because of this and yes, bad reviews are frequently deleted. And things like update frequency are extremely relevant and should definitely be considered.

After every drama unfolds, every comment that isn't pure dickriding gets deleted. Devs and/or their waterboys make a big stink, talk shit about this site and its dirty pirates as though they don't rely on the free exposure, act like they're being persecuted somehow because they can't handle feedback, call in the mods and eventually get their way. Being a member since 2017 it would be really strange if you hadn't seen this happen dozens of times. I'm surprised this thread hasn't been purged yet honestly.

It doesn't even make much sense. When you think about it for just 3 seconds, "This game is great!" and "This game sucks!" are the exact same comment. Both equally on topic because they're thoughts on a game, both include the same amount of detail. But one gets deleted, while the other one doesn't. For no reason other than bias. Bias towards the perceived authority figure, developers, even though they have absolutely no authority. Bias towards "nice" comments instead of honest ones.
People don't understand how averages work or how to make a review, most 5 stars I see end up looking like this.

*Pros
-Grafix best ever

*Cons
- Dad alive bad
- No music
- MC PP too big, make me insecure
- Game wont run on Windows ME
- Grafix worst ever

*Conclusion 5 Stars Max Tier Patreon subscriber 4 lyfe

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017

I'm sorry, the mods must have done a pretty shitty job on this review thread.

They let slip through 5x1 star reviews and 4x2star just on the last page. They sure seems to be deleting those 1 star reviews fast!!

Personally I think you are wrong. People on IMDB and pretty much any rating site ever gives full marks for average and just above average products all the time. The same thing on this site.

I do find ratings very useful. I do not like all 4-5 star games on here, but a below 3 star game are bound to be a bundle of shit.

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
People don't understand how averages work or how to make a review, most 5 stars I see end up looking like this.

*Pros
-Grafix best ever

*Cons
- Dad alive bad
- No music
- MC PP too big, make me insecure
- Game wont run on Windows ME
- Grafix worst ever

*Conclusion 5 Stars Max Tier Patreon subscriber 4 lyfe
Whoever wrote that :coffee:
I might agree with "dad alive bad" unless me playing dad.

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
I'm sorry, the mods must have done a pretty shitty job on this review thread.

They let slip through 5x1 star reviews and 4x2star just on the last page. They sure seems to be deleting those 1 star reviews fast!!

Personally I think you are wrong. People on IMDB and pretty much any rating site ever gives full marks for average and just above average products all the time. The same thing on this site.

I do find ratings very useful. I do not like all 4-5 star games on here, but a below 3 star game are bound to be a bundle of shit.
Mods seem to follow only one rule, i.e good publicity is the only publicity.
And let's be honest there are no strong reason for them to delete those 4+ ratings how much ever silly they can be unless the account that rated isn't created specifically for the exact reason, spam. But, But
Why they delete 1/2+ rated reviews are beyond me if they are genuine. Victims of such treatment are those which contrast with other popular reviews, mostly. Or when mass reported.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Mods seem to follow only one rule, i.e good publicity is the only publicity.
And let's be honest there are no strong reason for them to delete those 4+ ratings how much ever silly they can be unless the account that rated isn't created specifically for the exact reason, spam. But, But
Why they delete 1/2+ rated reviews are beyond me if they are genuine. Victims of such treatment are those which contrast with other popular reviews, mostly. Or when mass reported.
Look, I've had 1 or 2 of my reviews deleted in the past. The rules are pretty clear and attacking the dev in your review is against the rules.

In this instance There are plenty 1 and 2 star reviews, so I can not see how anyone can say the mods delete them.

Lot's of times, people just don't like a game, and then can not understand why the game is rated 4+. I'm not saying that everything is always 100% above board. But I will say if a game has 4+ stars it's normally decent. less then 3 it's normally shit.

That does not mean that everyone will love all 4+ star games. That's what the tags are for. Personally I don't have issues with the review section. It's not perfect, but it's better then not being there. I read lot's of reviews before starting to play a game. You can "spot" the fakes a mile away and just ignore them.

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
Look, I've had 1 or 2 of my reviews deleted in the past. The rules are pretty clear and attacking the dev in your review is against the rules.

In this instance There are plenty 1 and 2 star reviews, so I can not see how anyone can say the mods delete them.

Lot's of times, people just don't like a game, and then can not understand why the game is rated 4+. I'm not saying that everything is always 100% above board. But I will say if a game has 4+ stars it's normally decent. less then 3 it's normally shit.

That does not mean that everyone will love all 4+ star games. That's what the tags are for. Personally I don't have issues with the review section. It's not perfect, but it's better then not being there. I read lot's of reviews before starting to play a game. You can "spot" the fakes a mile away and just ignore them.
I got first hand experience with my reviews getting deleted for more absurd and totally unrelated reason. So you might need to what they say "broaden your horizon". If you want to see "how anyone can say the mods deleted them" first step should be to stop considering them as always honest cop.

If it's okay for someone to give 5 star rating without mentioning anything significant, just because he/she felt that renders are good, or has good future.
Then it should be perfectly fine for another someone to give 1/2 ratings with genuine reasons and what he thinks about gameplay obviously following the rules. Which isn't the case. Please don't tell me that mods are fair in that regard and don't even show favouritism when it comes to devs.

atrebor68

Engaged Member
Aug 26, 2020
I will be honest here, I don't much care about 99% of the games on this website. There are only 3-4 games that I look forward to and unfortunately, this is not one of them. I know the characters are well made and I am aware of the hype around the storytelling talent of the dev. The only character I care about is Katrina and by the looks of it, we won't even see her for many years to come. I don't want to criticise the dev but I have seen his past project abandoned for whatever reasons. I have low hopes for this game which in my opinion is inferior to his previous game. I sincerely hope that this game works out for him and he gets the support that he desires, but a 6-month update cycle for a 15-minute update is simply not a feasible plan. There are many games devs with a lower number of patreons and higher game quality present now so this kind of attitude has a difficult time surviving.
What are your preferred games ?

dajunk12

Mar 2, 2018
So, the good:
  • Beautiful renders
  • Decent groundwork for a good story
And, the bad:
  • Why are we jumping between sandbox and VN story telling? Many times there's only one thing you can do, and it just looks like the game is broken until you move your mouse.
  • Invisible hot spots in sandbox mode. At least provide a hint that something can be clicked on to move around.
  • The constant threat to abandon the story... like the last one the author made
I don't mind taking a while between updates, but if this isn't a project you believe in, why are you wasting your time doing it? Also, maybe simplify things and not do sandbox. It's terrible for continuity, and it's frustrating when there is quite literally only one thing you can click on. Just because you can turn an image into a button doesn't mean you should all the time.

Reactions: TheDick69+
3.80 star(s) 46 Votes