VN Ren'Py Abandoned Heir Apparent [v.0.02] [SilkandMilkProductions]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

Arch12

Nov 30, 2020
Well shit, It looks amazing and has potential. Story and writing are a bit wonky. Whats up with the dev though? From what I read seems like he has already jumped ship on one game and is already about to bail on this one?

And I was excited to finally find a newer 3d game to pick up instead of just waiting for the ongoing ones to get through their 7 month update period.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Well shit, It looks amazing and has potential. Story and writing are a bit wonky. Whats up with the dev though? From what I read seems like he has already jumped ship on one game and is already about to bail on this one?

And I was excited to finally find a newer 3d game to pick up instead of just waiting for the ongoing ones to get through their 7 month update period.
If I was a betting man... I would bet on this game getting the abandoned tag before the year is out. (Or next year if we are lucky)

The chance of this game getting completed... zero.

TurtleTacts

Apr 21, 2020
As an example I want you to go over everything that was said in the pool scene and then actually tell me what was revealed.
If I'm remembering correctly, it was revealed that the country is ruled by an absolute monarchy. The grandfather behaves like a dictator who possibly has committed war crimes. His actions made some fearful while others formed an insurgent force sparking a civil war. Oh, and Winter had relations with MC at some point in the past, which was meh but the banter was alright.

The real failing for me is that all the potential intrigue and power plays that can result from that setting don't matter because after a time skip he is whisked away into exile where he...watches tv and...runs errands :HideThePain:

Reactions: Direknight

NakkiMuki

Dec 14, 2021
Hope theres no ntr
It always creeps up in good rendered incest games.
I searched for ntr but everythings from past year, so is there ntr planned or any hint?
If you want to calculate it when a mc is made a third wheel by a woman, then that's the lez-NTR too. MC is not going to get anything but kisses. The women are passionate about the pool, but the MC is only allowed to look and then ordered to sleep and nothing else and the lesbian still continues in the pool when you leave. So full of shit.

hidden_agenda

Dec 8, 2018
ehm...nothing new since the last release...wf
my bad, incest patch fucks the game up.
Reading the "incest patches (v0.01) & (v0.015) " Katarina/Kah-cha and Natasha get flipped in and out throughout the patch. I haven't played yet, so I'm unsure of who's correct when it comes to the person being spoken to or thought of...

Seems a few lines were added in script version 0.02
First one is on line 281 [rip "*Important Choice. Make a save.*"]
Second is line 1086 [ rip "Those white colored one are the way to go, remember it."]
Which is possibly where the patch starts messing the game up.

After line 5640 in the patch, 5642 in the original script the script is further changed in the original.
Sets up with a fade in and music file.

As I don't have any saves, maybe adding in those specific lines, may at least get you to the next scene.

Last edited:

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Did this update really take a year to come out?
That's what "they" say.
I just started with 0.2 a few days ago, when it appeared in the Latest Updates Section. Maybe in '23 we will get a continuation of this, who knows. The Dev(s) want money before they start working on an update, so we will see, how that goes. ;)

taylorg88

May 22, 2021
Name one.
Leap of Faith, Where the Heart is, Being a DIK, Intertwined, Price of Power, Karlsson's Gambit, My New Memories, Midlife Crisis, City of Broken Dreamers, Vinland (hopefully that one will come back), Last Call, A Man For All ... should I keep going?

The truth is, games with great visuals are a dime a dozen these days. What really sets apart the good from great games are good writing, good characters, and a consistent developer that I know will actually get releases out and not hold his game hostage because he has way too high of an opinion of himself.

Professor Black

Jun 14, 2020
non stop error after the massage scene early in the game.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'iHA02/HA157.jpg'>:
  File "renpy/common/00library.rpy", line 266, in say
    who(what, interact=interact, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'iHA02/HA157.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 1986, in script
    ��[���r�ר<�wJ�2���o�y&�
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 652, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1197, in say
    renpy.store.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00library.rpy", line 266, in say
    who(what, interact=interact, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1016, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\character.py", line 817, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\character.py", line 566, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2649, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3132, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2055, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 717, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 108, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 495, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\Users\amiel lopez\Downloads\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'iHA02/HA157.jpg'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
v.0.02
Fri May 13 11:29:42 2022

rambo25

Sep 13, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 264, in script
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 268, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
KeyError: u'_main_menu_screen'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\New folder\ZIPGAMES\HeirApparent\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc(2)\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 306, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\New folder\ZIPGAMES\HeirApparent\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc(2)\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\main.py", line 513, in main
run(restart)
File "C:\New folder\ZIPGAMES\HeirApparent\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc(2)\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\main.py", line 139, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "C:\New folder\ZIPGAMES\HeirApparent\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc(2)\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 879, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 264, in script
python:
File "C:\New folder\ZIPGAMES\HeirApparent\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc(2)\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\New folder\ZIPGAMES\HeirApparent\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc(2)\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 268, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
File "C:\New folder\ZIPGAMES\HeirApparent\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc(2)\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\game.py", line 331, in call_in_new_context
return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
File "C:\New folder\ZIPGAMES\HeirApparent\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc(2)\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 879, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 37, in script
return
File "C:\New folder\ZIPGAMES\HeirApparent\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc(2)\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1449, in execute
renpy.game.context().pop_dynamic()
File "C:\New folder\ZIPGAMES\HeirApparent\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc(2)\HeirApparent-v.0.02-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 371, in pop_dynamic
del store[k]
KeyError: u'_main_menu_screen'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
v.0.02
Sat May 14 00:31:09 2022

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes