• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

SenPC

Feb 3, 2018
Ahh, I remember this; there was another remake/sequel, before the HSS+, IIRC. Don't have it, but remember DLing it somewhere when I found this game.
If you are thinking of Ashford Academy, they can all be found at the same boards, linked in the original post.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ashford

Velsomnia

Jul 29, 2017
Thank you for this, I have always wondered about the original version before they gutted the game and remade it. Now I can play it and see what the original vision was.

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
HHS+ is not exactly fork for this one. It is rather HHS 3 (after 1 and 2 original creator went for other things if I remember correctly and + is community created game, with different settings, whole new engine, events, mechanics etc.).
This one is rather to show where this started (damn, I feel old now :D )
This one is the original HHS 1 made by Pookla.

Then came atztek1 and wanted to make his own version (a spiritual successor, not an actual copy) in the VB.NET framework and did so with Pookla's permission. That was HHS 2.

And at some point atztek1 stopped working on HHS 2 and started HHS+ (which is basically HHS 3), which is in many regards exactly the same as HHS 2 but with some additional features like connected locations, visible NPC paperdolls, interactive buttons and a rudimentary built-in event editor. (I believe all events in HHS 2 were hardcoded into the game.)
Eventually I and others got interested in that editor and started contributing some events. But since I found the editor lacking for some of the things I wanted to do and with way too much overhead in other aspects, I also joined the project on the code front and created a completely new editor from scratch, where events consist of individual building blocks. Of course, all events were still very much like in HHS 2, since they originally got ported over to the classic event editor and then to the new one. And some images from those events have been around in HHS 1 as well.

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
HHS+ is not exactly fork for this one. It is rather HHS 3 (after 1 and 2 original creator went for other things if I remember correctly and + is community created game, with different settings, whole new engine, events, mechanics etc.).
This one is rather to show where this started (damn, I feel old now :D )
Thanks, I thought it was something like that. I know they're very different games at this stage.

Yamemai

Nov 1, 2017
If you are thinking of Ashford Academy, they can all be found at the same boards, linked in the original post.
Nope, it's another HHS, think it was HHS2 or something; it was basically HHS+ before they turned it into an open world / sandbox exploration thing. The boxes were orange/light brown, IIRC. Don't remember there being a NG+ in it either, and it had some learning/level skills like HHS+

Though, yeah, that might be where I found it, been years so don't remember. Though, not like I mentioned it to play, :p more for the sake of it.

Edit: TLDR -- Basically what Shilo said.

slayer991

Jun 8, 2017
This one is the original HHS 1 made by Pookla.

Then came atztek1 and wanted to make his own version (a spiritual successor, not an actual copy) in the VB.NET framework and did so with Pookla's permission. That was HHS 2.

And at some point atztek1 stopped working on HHS 2 and started HHS+ (which is basically HHS 3), which is in many regards exactly the same as HHS 2 but with some additional features like connected locations, visible NPC paperdolls, interactive buttons and a rudimentary built-in event editor. (I believe all events in HHS 2 were hardcoded into the game.)
Eventually I and others got interested in that editor and started contributing some events. But since I found the editor lacking for some of the things I wanted to do and with way too much overhead in other aspects, I also joined the project on the code front and created a completely new editor from scratch, where events consist of individual building blocks. Of course, all events were still very much like in HHS 2, since they originally got ported over to the classic event editor and then to the new one. And some images from those events have been around in HHS 1 as well.
Thanks for the response. I have played HHS+ and the Pookla's original many years ago. I loved the editor so I ended up playing HHS+.

Volrath

Aug 24, 2016
Great to see the work of the hentai ninja pookla was saved. If I remember right this wasn't the only time that he made a quick but surprisingly complete game then vanished. Love your work on HHS+ Shilo, you and everyone else on the forum.

acac

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Wooooooooow!!! Pookla is like my hero! Him and Cmacleod are the reason I'm making an H-game.

Reactions: Ashford

IMNOVIRGIN

Jan 24, 2018
anyone have a save or a way to cheat on this? I wanna enjoy the game but it's a massive grind-fest and easy to lose!

• Sad
Reactions: atur

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
So... which one is better? 1 or """3"""?
They are very different games with different focuses. The intention of HHS+ and HHS 2 never was to be plain out "better" than the original, just because they share the same name and came after it. You can still play the original to get a complete entertaining experience.

The scale is also vastly different:
HHS 1 focuses entirely on the management of the school and is segmented into trimesters. A whole year passes in three turns in that game and you have 15 years (= 45 turns) for a playthrough.
HHS+ on the other hand focuses more on the personal life of the principal as player character, so you can explore a connected world, increase your stats, talk to NPCs and find different events that way. Every NPC is simulated individually and the time scale goes down to individual minutes. There are no discrete turns and the maximum game length is only 2.5 years as a result. You are also not just presented with an event at the end of every turn but need to actively wander and seek them out.

koppet46

Apr 28, 2020
My reputation goes down, i have no idea where i can make the school like hentai school or how i can gain faster money?
or who can i understand the color combinations?

Punkreas

Aug 11, 2017
Gold ! Thank You So Much, there was a mod posted here years ago with a lot of new content (actually was this mod that bring me to f95), but now it's offline

Reactions: Blake639

Drale

Jan 9, 2019
Wait, is the color combination square thing supposed to be the seed used for determining random events?

Edit- this seems hard to mess with saves without some technical knowledge. The saves appear to be their own unique file types named after the game itself (you can see some abbreviations spelled out when you save or load). The item in the 'save' folder is not for individual saves, but I think this is your 'rogue like progression' mechanic, which lets you save up across numerous playthrough and then buy bonuses to start your next run with.

The most straight forward way someone could be a hero is to grind up through numerous playthroughs, and then give us the init.hhm file.

Last edited:

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Wait, is the color combination square thing supposed to be the seed used for determining random events?
I just looked into the game code that was posted in this thread. Apparently you can use the colors to further influence school and teacher stats in a certain direction, but whether or not you are successful depends on the values that they already have.
They check and improve the following stats:
  • Red:
    Teacher sex and school sex stat.
  • Blue:
    Teacher pedagogy and school knowledge stat.
  • Yellow:
    Teacher authority and school behaviour stat.
  • White:
    Teacher authority and school morality stat.
  • Green:
    Teacher pedagogy and school joy stat.

The calculation formula is always:
result = SubjectBonus + ((teacher.Stat - 40) / 5)) + (school.Stat / 5)

SubjectBonus is a natural affinity of certain subjects for certain colors. Math, for example, gives 20 red bonus, 50 blue bonus and 30 for yellow, white and green. So you are more likely to succeed with the blue choice when you use it during a math lesson than you would be with other colors.

Depending on the value of the result, this will give you:
  • result <= 15; failure, you lose stats.
  • 15 < result <= 40; no effect.
  • 40 < result <= 60; stat improvement for teacher.
  • 60 < result <= 75; stat improvement for teacher and school.
  • 75 < result; stat improvement for teacher and school and one color point.

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes