Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
tl;dr patch notes
almost nothing new for players, mostly technical stuff
Yeah, admittedly I had to push that release, even if it was mostly about technical changes. Too many internal systems changed compared to the last public release, and we couldn't really support both versions with minor bugfixes at the same time. So in some way this release is really more for the devs.

Don't let the patch notes mislead you, though, because they are definitely biased. I am primarily working on the engine side, so when writing the patch notes, I inevitably write more about the technical stuff because I know what I did there. When it comes to summing up the changes to events, I can just glance over the commit history and try to pick out some things that stand out to me.

I am sorry about the bug with the inventory. I was pretty sure to playtest things when I implemented the changes, but it seems like this slipped past me. I'll look into it and try to get a first service pack ready next weekend. It's true that the initial release usually tends to be a bit buggy and stabilize around the second or third service pack.

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
The update to version 1.9.1 is out. It is included in the MEGA folder of the 1.9.0 download.

This fixes several issues with the inventory system. (Hopefully I got them all this time)

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Also, not sure who is responsible for it, but the genre tags for the thread are a bit outdated. Some of the tags from the screenshot in the opening post have been completely removed (antromorph, loli, shota, vore) because they will definitely not be included in the official content in any foreseeable future. Scat still exists as tag, but there is no official content with it and I doubt there will be, as nobody on the dev team has that fetish. Netorare has been added as tag, but so far there is no content with that either (and currently no concrete plans to introduce it).

The whole tagging system has actually been made available to modders. They can tag their stuff with custom tags that are not explicitly represented as checkbox in the menu and the player can also explicitly filter stuff that's not represented in the menu. So modders could even use the tagging system as a switch to enable/disable their specific content.
People can also just add another filter tag as XML file in game's directory under "data\ContentFilter" and it will show up as checkbox in the menu.

Reactions: Papa Ernie

blobzerz

Sep 15, 2017
Have not played this one in a while, i remember it had easy way to add money, was it removed or i cannot find it now?

zoomg

Modder
Nov 22, 2016
if there is still debug mode, open it and type set money xxxxxx in console

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
The update to version 1.9.1 is out. It is included in the MEGA folder of the 1.9.0 download.

This fixes several issues with the inventory system. (Hopefully I got them all this time)
Speaking about content, however, is it worth it to download? Excluding technical improvements? Because it's always a file of 700+ MB (not that I've a problem right now, fortunately) but if it's not worth, then I'll gladly stick with the 1.8.5 for now c:

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Speaking about content, however, is it worth it to download? Excluding technical improvements? Because it's always a file of 700+ MB (not that I've a problem right now, fortunately) but if it's not worth, then I'll gladly stick with the 1.8.5 for now c:
Well, there is always the aspect that we only support the latest version with patches. Bug reports for old versions are also disregarded.

Aside from that, here is the list of all (mostly) non-code commits between the 1.8.5 and 1.9.0 releases. You may decide for yourself whether that's worth an update.

Code:
- Mrs. Smith's event at the stair case can now only trigger if she's on the school grounds.
bug #1102

----
- Changed more events to use a proper Game Over operation.
bug #1100

----
- Added new operation "Game Over", which can end the game.
- There is no hardcoded game over anymore if reputation drops to 0 or the maximum date has been reached. Instead, the native event "GameOverCheck" is called before and after time passed. It is up to the event to end the game.
- Missing girl events, which used to implement a game over state by dropping reputation by 100, are now using the new "Game Over" operation.
----
- ClubCanBeChosen operation now has a link variant that toggles between "Get" and "Set" modes of the operation. Previously it only supported "Set", despite the tooltip claiming otherwise.
bug #1028
----
- Fixed shared Club Events getting loaded multiple times for each club level.
- This should also fix the bug that reloading shared Club Events did only refresh one event instance instead of all instances.
bug #1083
bug #1066
----
Fixes bug: Has conditional based on old 'Science' subject: Changed to either Physics or Chemistry
----
- Updated content filters in metadata of all special character images.
----
- Added Grid Splitters to Asset Browser to allow better resizing of the individual areas.
- Added failsafe to VirtualizingWrapPanel in Asset Browser, so arithmetic overflows should no longer crash the editor. (The original code was in C#, which doesn't throw exceptions for overflows by default).
----
- Added metadata files for newly added images from hacking tutorial.
----
- The game's icon in the taskbar now shows a (very rough) estimation of the current progress during startup. It counts the completed major steps, not the individual files during each step, since those would otherwise need to be counted in advance.
----
- Changed Items to keep track of the actual owning InventoryCollection instance, rather than just a boolean property that indicates ownership. This property is not serialized and needs to be refreshed in a manual step after loading a game.
- Operations that modify the properties of an Item will now automatically remove and re-add the Item after the modification, if it was contained in an owning InventoryCollection.
bug #869
----
Merged revision(s)  from branches/featurebranch (1.9.0)
- Assets and Asset Browser
- .NET 4.6
- Font Awesome
- Total SQLite access from VEE
- A couple new operations
- log4net as configurable framework for all logging
- Some library updates
----
Added a hacking tutorial, and integrated into the smartphone help menu and several events involving hacking or hacking training.
----
Fixes a bug reported by dregrin (bug #1095): Cheerleader Journal stops working between picking up and confirming delivery of new uniforms
----
Fixes and oversight the previous commit (as reported by blumph: Exception if you use the smartphone to make a phone call)
----
Some general (minor) updates
•  Gives Beth Manili the new style journal and fixes some minor typos
•  Fixes an issue the April Raymund's journal: not showing April when it should
•  Fixes some bugs with job ask: Shows {Job} instead of actual job and not handling students correctly
----
Minor typo fix only
----
fixes a bug reported by Zaiaku: Unable to progress Cabaret remodeling once the VIP room is opened
----
Fixes suite of typo corrections.
- Credit for these go mainly of Gaboris (who reported) and aaror (who fixed)
----
fixes bug reported by Sir Edward Ross: Bells detective event does not progress the chain
----
Minor bug fix
----
Fixes bug reported by Zaiaku: Exception in the Hooter story (when receiving rent money)
----
Left out of previous commit
----
Fixes various issues with commit 1501
•  Fixes issues reported by Kalebon: Various exceptions in club events (file was missing)
•  Fixes issue reported by Zaiaku: Bells journal left in a debug state
•  Fixes issue: Felecia Titsbig journal missing
•  Fixes issue: Maid club journal missing
•  Fixes issue: Unable to force show Maid club outfits
----
Inadvertently left out of previous commit
----
This is a fairly extensive suite of changes
•  Clubs: All clubs are effected to some degree, but the major noticeable differences are to Cooking, Maid, Music and Theater
•  Bells: General rework and expansion of the her corruption chain
•  Journals: Various new and expanded journals (following the style of recently released Hooter journal)
•  Smartphone Contacts: Adds relationship notes to all contacts
•  And a plethora of various other more minor changes (see details below)

General Updates
•  Appearance: Tweaked so is easier to maintain at 80+
•  April Raymund: Added journal
•  Ask Job: Filled out a little (so asking about something you already know is handled better)
•  Cheerleader (no panties event): Improved pic  (courtesy of SlaveSama)
•  Cheerleader Club: Using new journal style
•  Chemistry: Tweaked to make it a tad easier (motivated by a chat with ezpot007)
•  Flirt: Tweaked so effects are more consistent with other seduction interactions
•  Hooter Story: Added clue to avoid possible progress-stopping player oversight in Peter Sex Toy path
•  Manili: Friendship logic added to Beth chain (where applicable)
•  Other chat: Added time use where missing
•  Phone Contacts: Added Relationship Notes
•  Photo Album: Added option to place "no longer required" photos
•  Practical Sex Ed (Keller events): Modernised and  fixed some grammar
•  Keller: Improved lead-in pics (courtesy of SlaveSama)
•  Slutsky: Expanded (and new style) journal
•  Titsbug: Expanded (and new style) journal
•  Various Typos, Grammar, Etc. fixed

Bug Fixes
•  Annette/Andy: Fixes not using familiar name in various texts (when they should)
•  Ask for Sex: Showing Bedroom as location option when inconsistent to do so
•  Fixed (various) student interactions not using familiar name (when intended)
•  Hobbies Ask: Fixes inconsistency of having no friends but "hanging  out with friends mostly"
•  Hooter Story (Recruitment): Fixes event firing when not intended
•  Missing Girl: Fixed issue of pregnancy path not playing out as intended
•  Parker (Platform): Fixed bug with showing the parker PD in the carriage (was showing the platform)
•  PersonListToString: Fixed function (not returning first names correctly)

Purely for development reasons
•  Added support for all Adults to be shown in Work outfits (if they have one)
•  AddToFriendship: Added description
•  ComeOver and GuestInRoom : Updated events to use moved FunctionLibrary events
•  Date >> ShowerSex: removed (now dated) TODO note
•  Date >> ShowerSex: removed (now redundant) TODO note
•  Hooter: Reverted to using normal "is hired" logic (rather than a state Boolean)
•  MissingGirlSetStates: Moved to folder MiscChainSpecific
•  PersonListToString: finalised transition to new variant (in Interaction folder)
•  Suggestion >> EnflameLust and PromoteCorrution: removed (now dated) TODO notes
•  Suggestion\CanHynpotise now also provides resistance (using GetStatsForPerson)
   ▪  Allows caller events to do both in one step
   ▪  As a flow-on: Updated all events that call CanHynpotise
•  Various (previously replaced) events deleted from repository
•  NativeEventsManual: Deleted (contents moved to Docs ages ago)
----
Remove (moved) bell PD image files
----
Forerunner 2 Renaming Bells previous only work to Work_1 and adding require PD Handler changes
----
Potential bugfix for CosplayClaire_Enslavement.ve.xml : The ObjectList appeared to be getting cleared between the Try and Execute phases. Since the object list wasn't being used for anything other than getting a random entry, I just swapped List Filter: Person List for a List Filter: Person and removed the random selection from the list later.
----
- Fixed new Reference Variable property form always trying to load event contents, regardless of the user's selection in the file dialog.
bug #1092

----
Forerunner (images) pending calling event updates (done this way just to break up the release and commit process)
----
Inadvertently left out of a previous commit
----
Inadvertently left out of the previous commit
- New Location function: PersonIsHome
- Not clear to me if this belongs in Person or Location...?
----
A suite of mods primarily aimed at improving the flow of Ask for Sex
• With the relatively new ability to go to many more homes, Ask for Sex had become a little out of date
• This suite of changes adds some logic (and fun) to the possibilities of having sex in people's homes when there family is about
• Additionally, reworked various elements in an effort to smooth the curve when asking for sex
• Now stripping and fondling are treated more like foreplay (and are accessible sooner) and these, and well as kissing, are more effective arousal raisers
• Also, un-offensive suggestions to have "unacceptable yet" levels of sex are treated more like flirting
• Lastly, aims to improve accuracy of a target's "horniness level" achieved by kissing
• Changes aimed to removing some barriers, so have added some balancing costs

Also has a suite of General Updates
• Fixes issue with asking for address: ppl not giving address (even if they otherwise would) if you went to their place last
• Minor textual improvement to asking for address
• Minor textual improvement to asking students about their job: the one student that has one now says so
• Add journal for Stacy (just a skeleton) ahead of some club reworks
• Fixes having keys you never got
• Fixes PTA voting bug reported by UmhRshJt: bunch of TODO reports when passing PTA proposal
• Fixes Manili chain breaking event (reported by linding123)
• Fixes break in consequences: "See you naked" didn't work when it should have
• Minor cleanup and modernization of SmithTrip
• General cleanup of text in Hardman Confront (in the ward)

Additional Hooter stuff
• Minor mod to stop Peter changing clothes on the way to your office
• Minor mod to allow you Discuss the Plan with Peter in more locations
• Minor amendments to Hooter journal (looks more like notes)

Textual Bug Fixes
• Keller office sex (reported by Gaboris)
• Outdoor lunch (reported by BA_X)

Purely for development purposes
• Add STATE_HadDate (Rel DB) to dating (counts number of dates)
• Removed some more int to doubles
• Amended TradeItems to use the new location for GetPersonTextColor
----
Corrects an oversight in recent the Hooter rework
• If you take the Peter Toy path, you can end up giving away Susan's panties (to Ginny) while you still need them
----
Fixes a bug in the Hooter story
•   After first Susan clue, Susan gets locked in the school office (until the next clue meeting)
•   Also Fixes a couple of typos
----
Cleanup (oversight with Hooter rework)
----
Bug Fix (oversight with Hooter rework)
----
Moved the Dismiss event from the Interactions folder to the Principal Office events folder. Still works when I tested it, but it allows for a simpler Try block and doesn't get checked in locations where it can't be used anyways.
----
A major rework of the Hooter story lines and General update

Hooter Story Line
• The initial motivation was just giving more depth to Peter's character, but mushroomed out to full rework
• And, as the Hooter's interact with so many other events, there was a knock on effect.

General Updates
• Cleanup and rework of how locking, unlocking and keys work
▪ Basically a continuation of PhantomBulls work, and the recent amendments done to accessing general home
• Cleanup and rework Outdoor Lunch
• Cleanup and rework Prostitute Nurse

Various Minor Fixes and Updates: (Bundled in just to simply the release process)
•   Reorganized and updated various items (includes improved pic and text for the Spy cam, and new mechanics for home keys)
•   Fixes textual bug when breaking in to general homes
•   Fixes an issue reported by mastermeena: Later Manila events not firing as often as they should.
•   Fixes bug identified and fixed by Dragonblood: Birthdays not being remembered
•   Fixes bug reported by aweriel: Exception in Female change room when you "take a peek"
•   Fixes issue with Immodesty: Stealing event space and not triggering the next event
•   Fixes issue with PD system: not cycling club outfits correctly
•   Tweaked another "too early" event (DareGame2), and adjusted MenstrualCycle and ManstralCycle (for the same reason)
----
Bugfix for Dismiss.ve.xml -- It was checking that the student / staff member did NOT have a wait indicator, instead of checking that they DID have a wait indicator.
----
Added a new interaction event to allow the player to remove waiting NPCs from their office.
----
Added a button to the Student tab of the Management panel which copies the Monday class assignments to the rest of the week, if they are available.
----
Updated the OpenAccount subroutine of club levels to reset all information about the account if the account already exists, rather than just reopening it.
bug #1081

----
Removed some redundant club account entries. These were not needed, as clubs will automatically open their own accounts if a weekly charge is specified, and in some cases, the account XML had a different payment than the club XML; this was causing, among other things, the Music Club to be free despite a listed cost of $50/week.
bug #1081

----
Updated / enhanced the hypnosis practical exam events. They now use an actual named student, and make use of the "Have Sex" operation (I chose not to use Get Physical, since they shouldn't be remembering anything about it).
----
Added link variations to the Check Rule operation to allow specified outputs to be hidden. If any outputs are hidden, the "Inactive" output is renamed to "Other", and handles outputs that would have gone to any of the hidden output links.
bug #947

----
Added link variations to Compare Int and Compare Double, allowing users to limit outputs to {< vs. >=}, {<= vs. >}, {= vs. !=}, and {< vs. = vs. >}, in addition to the normal 5-option output.
----
Fixed the Date to Day conversion returning 1 day earlier than intended.
bug #1072

----
Moved the stat bonuses for favorite subjects to the scenario config, and made them reference the subject name rather than the subject family enum. Additionally made it so that the chance of random students having a favorite subject can also be defined in the scenario config.
bug #1009

----
Fix for bug #1075, "Tall, Dark, and Divorced" not functioning properly as a favorite movie: Removed the commas from all references to the movie title. Will require starting a new game to take effect.
----
Miner grammatical fix
----
Fixed a bug in RebelMiniquest.ve.xml that would PERMANENTLY prevent the 3rd miniquest on a character if they are asked if they need anything while the player doesn't currently have any Slut Makers or Corruptors in their inventory.
----
Fixed what I am assuming to be a bug in BreakIntoLocation.ve.xml, which was capping Lockpicking skill increases to 1, where it looks like it was intended to be giving half of the lock level with a MINIMUM of 1.
----
Restored PersonListToString.ve.xml, since it is used by the PTA vote result event.
----
- Fixed bug causing active and passive person for yaoi anal sex to be swapped.
bug #1086
----
Changed the dildo and onahole item events so that NPCs won't automatically pick them up if they already have one of that item in their inventory.
----
Added an option to throw away duplicate clothes when adding new clothes to the wardrobe, mostly just because I got tired of them permanently clogging up my inventory after I inevitably purchased extras.
----
VEE Int variables, when randomized, had an exclusive maximum. However, nearly every event I've seen that uses the randomized values treated them as if they were inclusive maximums, often leading to unviewable content. I updated the variable's class to make the random ranges have an inclusive maximum since this seems to be the default assumption most people have about it.
----
Fixed a misplaced link that prevented the nerd archetype miniquest from being possible to progress.
----
Fixed a bug in SetBirthdayState.ve.xml, which was causing database values of 0 to not be set to 1 when birthdays were learned.
----
Fixed a call to a moved function library event.
----
Updated some date sub-events to increase the Romance relationship database value. This should reduce/eliminate the issue of having sex with somebody on a date and then having them get offended later when you ask for their phone number.
----
Miner typo fixed
----
Miner typo corrected
----
Inadvertently left out of previous commits
----
Various general updates and fixes
• General update for various [random] classroom scenes: These no longer center around special chars (so more people get corrupted as intended)
• Cosplay club start event general update, and fix for perceived oddity with the start timing of this club.
• Initialization of families improved with refinement of spousal relationships
• Fixes bug reported by umhrshjt (ticket #1055): Only a subset of Library Random events showing
• Fixes bug reported by Reddead: Error message when Beth Manili kissed you on the cheek
• Fixes bug reported by Reddead: Textual bug in Beth Manili story when PC is a Female or Futa
• Fixes issue reported by Reddead (ticket #1080): Many events to fire and center around Ivana Yochild early on in the game
• Fixes unreported bug in Paper Doll function ShowPDInOutfit: Only effects developers
• Fixes minor unreported issue with gym membership: You don't see the money spent until you move
• Minor change to the way initialize event run: Can now specify order
----
This the last stage of this current suite of changes (i.e. general clean up of functions)
- There's a few bits left to be done, but will park it for the moment.
----
Remove functions made redundant or moved in previous commits (but released to the forum with usage warnings).
Also remove a another (now outdated and unused) functions (CheckAloneWithNPC)
----
This is a "next steps" general update to various interactions, plus some general mods
• Is just a continuation of the clean up work done as part of the previous two large commits
• Various functions have been re-categorised and moved to sub-folders: Interaction, Person, Location
• Other (now redundant) functions have been deleted
• New BD tags for person info and interactions have been defined (will be documented separately)
----
Bug (came with previous commit) fixed
----
Bug fix to previous commit.
----
Bug fix and "next steps" general update to various interactions
• Primary motive was continuing the cleanup work done as part of the previous commits
• Fixes an issue (with the previous) report by NotAnAccount and iAnimeDeath): Exception during Hypno and "Take me home"
• Also fixes issue report by iAnimeDeath: Exception when asking someone if the are virgin
----
Additional to previous
- Intent is to re-cat functions (by folder) into Interaction, Person and Location (as person becoming cluttered)
----
Inadvertently left out of previous commit
----
Various fixes and general updates to interactions (and the consequences)
• Fixes an issue report by Starswirl: Going to Anita Yolchild's house puts you in the twilight zone
• Fixes an issue report by roberttx: Going to various houses and there's all these unrelated people there
• Should also fix Starswirl's reported issue of: Anita being at the wrong house
• Cleans up a bunch of other stuff that was a bit higgledy-piggledy (making ongoing work easier)
• Resolves issue #1070 (incorrect date format when asking for birthday)
----
Minor grammar corrections only.
----
- Downsized a bunch of pics use
- Downsized and moved a bunch unused pics to unused
----
- Clear cached target variable when there are changes in the Reference Variable form. Fixes Bug #1063
- Add link variant to allow setting the Remotely Scheduled Event as an object variable. Fixes bug #1071
----
Fixed various text errors, probably 30% through all of them on this file.  A few I am having a harder time fixing because select sentences are broken to the point that I can't figure out the intended meaning.  Will revisit again tomorrow.
----
Text fixes (Geneder -> Gender)
----
Fixed an error in the game text error (Bracket not properly closed)
----
General update to trading (buying and selling items)
• All items events now have a sell location (though all "not for re-sale" items have a sell price if $0)
• This is a precursors to the planned future changes (seeing all items that you have just bought appear in your inventory)
• Two trading locations (Clothing Store and Onsen) and the items "not for re-sale" there have a $1 sell price but you are stopped from selling
• This is 'proof on concept' mooted in bug #1064 (i.e. you will actually see this notion in action)
• Also addresses some inconsistencies in how shop attendants talk to you (i.e. progressive relationship wise).
• Lastly: Addresses an inconsistency regarding the DSRL camera bug #1061
----
Add link variant for the Logical NOT operation (bug #1051). This variant accepts separate input (single) and output (multiple) variable links.
----
Change the default behavior of the reference form per bug #1063
----
Fixes Issue Number 0001059
----
- Add ToolTip for the Get School Stats operation. Bug #1046.
- Fix ToolTips for Get Location Name and Get Location Display Name. Bug #1059.
----
- Add new property form for the referenced variables. Fixes bug #1038.
- Fixed Stack Overflow Exception when trying to resolve a referenced variable pointing to itself.
----
Clean up work related to Issue # 0001058
- AndOrReplace deprecated for external release. Now deleted from internal.
----

----
Various updates and bug fixes.  Closes Issue # 0001058
• Removed the (now semi-redundant) AndOrReplace function and replaced the AND mode of that with Bitwise Integer Math
• Implemented a ReplaceBits function, to fulfil the Replace Mode of AndOrReplace but using the much faster Bitwise Integer Math ops
• Added another group of new pics, courtesy of Kazumichi
• Fixes an issue identified by g12: Possibility of inconsistent reactions to kissing
• Fixes various other issues: For the most part would probably go unnoticed, but subtly effects progress
----
Fixed textual bug (that causes an exception)
----
Various fixes and updates and to one section of the Carmen Smith story line
• Fixes a bug that stops late story line progress (as reported by Darkcore)
• Fixes a bug that has you talking to no-one in your office (when Carmen and Oliver paper dolls should be visible)
• Get Physical integration and various other modernisation updates and clean-ups
----
Remove function vent made redundant by commit 1281
----
Adds Spousal relationships to the database at game start.
Database tag used is 'Spouse' and the value is set 1 in both directions for:
▪ All people who have at least one child in common
▪ Max and April Raymund (have no children, but do live together)
----
PD Handling system misbehaving when events use ShowPDInOutfit to show adults in two specific outfits (Sleepwear and Nude)
----
Updated description and moved to Event Properties description
----
Bug fix: Exhibition club left out of previous version.
----
Textual bug Fixed
----
A suite of general update to smartphone
•   Primary objective was to improve consistency of who and when you can call, and the various phone interactions
•   Part and parcel of this are various tweaks and clean-ups in the Journal and Helper interactions
•   Includes some new contacts management stuff (including phone contact groups and favorites)
•   Also includes various tweaks and clean-ups in the Beth Manila story line  
•   And fixes various other minor bugs
----
- Pasting an invalid string from the clipboard into the VEE will no longer crash it.
bug #1050

----
- Fixed Event Properties dialog not updating the Virtualized value when the checkbox gets unchecked.
bug #1048

----
Textual bug fix: not replacing {GroupAcceptance} as intended
----
Remove now redundant event
----
Moved description to event properties
----
Fixes bug (exception when cheerleader club has no members)
----
Bug fix (looks like debug messaging was left in. so removed)
----
Correct bad image paths (probably my fault with the renaming of the events folder)
----
Fixes bug (created in previous update)
----
Full fix to this issue
----
General update to GetPhysical pictures (mostly MM), courtesy of the work down by Kazumichi
Also has a minor maintenance update to flirting
----
Fix bug: During a break in, if you're caught and ask to see someone naked, nothing happens
----
Clean up following previous commit (removing now redundant files and one folder)
----
Fixing to various issues
•   Fixes issue reported by uti_puti: Missing pics in one of the Daisy Maddox chain events
•   Fixes issue reported by Storm4n: Uppity slave objects if you under dress (and somehow get words out)
•   Fixes textual bug fix reported by AdriftAtSea and General update to one the Shower events
•   Amends cheerleader journal: Simply an update I forget to commit before 1.8.5
•   Fixes various issues with Grunge: Also my oversight pre 1.8.5
•   Updated README_SETTINGS file: Clarifies navigation to one of the referenced files
----
Remove Daisy WIP stub event (over two years old now) and move referenced images to unused
----
Snipped Try phase of these two stub events.
- Previously fixed this for 1.08 and released the fix, but didn't commit as it was obviously a WIP
- Am committing now, so no one has to fix it again
----
Bug fixes for the recent Chemistry Updates (commit 1389)
- Exception during Mad Science as identified and reported by darkswimmer
- Unreported issue of the Chem Lab costing more to build than you are told
----
General update to Chemistry
- Resolves various minor bugs and inconsistencies identified by AdriftAtSea following the recent MadScience update
- And it is a general rework and fleshing out of the various and interrelated chemistry elements
- Includes changes to the acquisition of the Chemistry Classroom and Chem Lab and is the use case for issue #1045
----
- Reconnect the disconnected operation in Beths Math tutoring event
----
- Removed build date again from the executable, since SVN would always recognize it as "changed" every time I run code, which can be annoying. It's not that useful to the end user anyway, since it's not an official version number.
----
Fixed inconsistency (could check cam with people present)
----

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
Code:
Fixes suite of typo corrections.
- Credit for these go mainly of Gaboris (who reported) and aaror (who fixed)
----
Textual Bug Fixes
• Keller office sex (reported by Gaboris)
Awww, these ones also have my name in them. I'm so proud. :3
I can't wait to get some stuff sorted in RL and get back to this after skipping a month or two. Real interested to see how things changed.

Reactions: Shilo

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
@wep Since I read in another thread that I need to inform a moderator when there is a new version… consider yourself informed. :)

We are at 1.9.1 at the moment.

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
@wep Since I read in another thread that I need to inform a moderator when there is a new version… consider yourself informed. :)

We are at 1.9.1 at the moment.
:OhMyGoodness: Shilo, I'm a big fan of the game!. Is the story progressing in this release?
It seems that you are not happy with the tags. I know that you can select the content now, but can you suggested 4/5 core tags?

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I don't really know in detail what new events get added in each release. There may be some expansions or rewrites to existing story lines, but the primary focus at the moment is to polish up the old stuff, fix spelling and grammar, streamline the way all events handle relationship stuff and balance the game a bit more.
This release was mostly a technical one and was really due. I generally postpone major changes to underlying systems until a major release version. We have been on the 1.8 branch for quite a while, so a lot of things piled up that I wanted to take care of in 1.9. It then got released as soon as possible, in order to have the internal and external version not differ too much (which would make maintenance difficult).

Out of the ones already tagged here, I'd say the most fitting universal tags are
"school setting", "corruption", "futa/shemale", "gay", "lesbian". (Although even the latter three of those depend entirely on whether the player wants to see that content. And the majority of content is still straight stuff.)

Of course many of the remaining tags also apply, like "bdsm", "incest", "rape", "slave", "pregnancy", "urination", "milf". But those are mostly part of distinct side quests.

There is one known bug at the moment in 1.9.1: buying and selling items will only add/subtract the money for one instance of the item. The rest gets moved without charge. It's already fixed internally for when 1.9.2 will be release, but I didn't consider it major enough to warrant yet another bugfix release right away.

Reactions: wep

tonym33

Oct 11, 2017
I kinda started this....but how do you build relationships with people?
All you can seem to do is Ask for their number or try to kiss them...am I missing something?
Its a very time consuming grinding game. You have to increase corruption and lower inhibitions at the school to get the people to do more

Papa Ernie

Squirrel!?
Uploader
Donor
Dec 4, 2016
Also, not sure who is responsible for it, but the genre tags for the thread are a bit outdated. Some of the tags from the screenshot in the opening post have been completely removed (antromorph, loli, shota, vore) because they will definitely not be included in the official content in any foreseeable future. Scat still exists as tag, but there is no official content with it and I doubt there will be, as nobody on the dev team has that fetish. Netorare has been added as tag, but so far there is no content with that either (and currently no concrete plans to introduce it).

The whole tagging system has actually been made available to modders. They can tag their stuff with custom tags that are not explicitly represented as checkbox in the menu and the player can also explicitly filter stuff that's not represented in the menu. So modders could even use the tagging system as a switch to enable/disable their specific content.
People can also just add another filter tag as XML file in game's directory under "data\ContentFilter" and it will show up as checkbox in the menu.
I don't really know in detail what new events get added in each release. There may be some expansions or rewrites to existing story lines, but the primary focus at the moment is to polish up the old stuff, fix spelling and grammar, streamline the way all events handle relationship stuff and balance the game a bit more.
This release was mostly a technical one and was really due. I generally postpone major changes to underlying systems until a major release version. We have been on the 1.8 branch for quite a while, so a lot of things piled up that I wanted to take care of in 1.9. It then got released as soon as possible, in order to have the internal and external version not differ too much (which would make maintenance difficult).

Out of the ones already tagged here, I'd say the most fitting universal tags are
"school setting", "corruption", "futa/shemale", "gay", "lesbian". (Although even the latter three of those depend entirely on whether the player wants to see that content. And the majority of content is still straight stuff.)

Of course many of the remaining tags also apply, like "bdsm", "incest", "rape", "slave", "pregnancy", "urination", "milf". But those are mostly part of distinct side quests.

There is one known bug at the moment in 1.9.1: buying and selling items will only add/subtract the money for one instance of the item. The rest gets moved without charge. It's already fixed internally for when 1.9.2 will be release, but I didn't consider it major enough to warrant yet another bugfix release right away.
@wep @muttdoggy @Shilo

Please add tags (copy & paste friendly):
2dcg, male protagonist, female protagonist, groping, voyeurism, exhibitionism, management, transformation, blackmail, cosplay, vaginal sex, masturbation, sex toys, trap

Please remove tags (see developer's posts above):
scat
vore

P.S. Shilo has been a developer (lead?) for HHS+ for years. I recommend he be given the developer tag.

lolred

Mar 20, 2017
This is a great game, I love the content.

I've been tempted to attempt writing a transpiler to port it to Ren'Py. I already did something like that for dsp3000's Academy, but 1. it's a much simpler game and 2. I never got an amount of polish where the experience of playing the two games was roughly equivalent.

Reactions: klang

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
jeah, i agree. this game is pretty good. especially if you don't have anything else to play right now and are bored, you can burn a lot of time with HHS+. it's just a pity, that it doesn't get updated all too often.

Last edited:

QQ

May 14, 2017
save from 1.8 not work again real dont have time to play it again every new vision come out

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Was really annoyed they caved and removed a lot of the content types, but still enjoy this game

hofuldig

Jul 5, 2017
so you no longer need to follow the instructions in the first post to get this game to work? because if you do then the download no longer works.

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes