popober

Jun 9, 2017
How do you... actually do anything? Like, after starting the game? I'm seeing some NPCs but I can't interact with anything. How do you start events? how do you HHS+?

Is it also normal for the paperdolls to only be paperheads?

Zohan4201

Jun 25, 2017
I played this a long time ago but couldn't get anyone pregnant. So, can anyone tell me how to do that?

Jul 5, 2017
Not pregnant
not fertilize
but girls status have Manstral Cycle

Topic: [HHS+ 1.8.5] Official Release Thread

Last edited:

Zohan4201

Jun 25, 2017
I'm getting confused about the files here. would the download link(the mega that works) in the first post and the service pack in the previous post be sufficient or something else? hopefully someone can give me a detailed explanation.

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
Go to their forum and use the Mega folder link. There was only one file to grab when I downloaded a few days ago.

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
The instructions say you don't need anything from the legacy folder. Just get the v1.8.5 file.

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
The what about the HF3 and HF4? and the service packs?
The instructions say you don't need anything from the legacy folder. Just get the v1.8.5 file.
Yeah they've rolled out that new build less than a month ago and they've finally combined the "install packets" so (at the time of writing) you "only" need the base 1.8.5 base installer, the #1 Service pack and right now 5 loose updates (you have to copy those into their proper folders by hand) to get the most up to date game.

It's a bit more tedious than most games, but the team releases updates and fixes every few days so they can't just make people re-download everything each time. :p

MrGhostRider

Jun 7, 2017
Is this game stable and fast?? Last I tried, it was super slow and laggy. I had to wait couple of seconds (sometimes even 5) to move to different places and save and load took ages. Is this fixed??

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
Is this game stable and fast?? Last I tried, it was super slow and laggy. I had to wait couple of seconds (sometimes even 5) to move to different places and save and load took ages. Is this fixed??
Well the game has a lot of bugs because of the constant additions and reworks they're constantly implementing, but so far the engine is really stable on my end. I've never had any crashes, freezes or corruption of code at least.

As for lag that's based on your system since every time you move the game has to simulate all the other characters (there's a slider in setting that you can set between "all" and "1/5th of all" characters to alleviate this) in the game also moving according to their schedules.
On my Athlon x4 almost each move is instant and only rarely takes 1-2 seconds(maybe some special event happens in these cases) to simulate ALL characters.

Saving/loading is sadly not an easy thing and takes 5-10 seconds even for my system no matter what I do.
I guess all the data the game is using for all character stats, quests and everything else that's simulated has to be processed pretty seriously since the whole thing ends up as one huge line(6Million uninterrupted characters in <data></data>) in an XML file in the end.

Based on when you played it last you can try again as the team works on it constantly, but the way the engine works it just seems impossible to speed it up past a point without the proper hardware... Kinda like Dwarf Fortress I guess. :p

MrGhostRider

Jun 7, 2017
Well the game has a lot of bugs because of the constant additions and reworks they're constantly implementing, but so far the engine is really stable on my end. I've never had any crashes, freezes or corruption of code at least.

As for lag that's based on your system since every time you move the game has to simulate all the other characters (there's a slider in setting that you can set between "all" and "1/5th of all" characters to alleviate this) in the game also moving according to their schedules.
On my Athlon x4 almost each move is instant and only rarely takes 1-2 seconds(maybe some special event happens in these cases) to simulate ALL characters.

Saving/loading is sadly not an easy thing and takes 5-10 seconds even for my system no matter what I do.
I guess all the data the game is using for all character stats, quests and everything else that's simulated has to be processed pretty seriously since the whole thing ends up as one huge line(6Million uninterrupted characters in <data></data>) in an XML file in the end.

Based on when you played it last you can try again as the team works on it constantly, but the way the engine works it just seems impossible to speed it up past a point without the proper hardware... Kinda like Dwarf Fortress I guess. :p
I should have been more clear. I played the earlier version prior to revamping the classes and pta and introduction of mobiles, that version was more fluid and not laggy at all. And it was the same hardware as well.

matsc

Aug 6, 2016
but the screenshot says both are available
They are included in the blacklist/whitelist choices, but consist of no content currently. However, as the game is, at least structurally, meant to be community build and modifiable, it is conceivable someone could add their own.

Of course in reality, fan built content doesn't amount to much more than a few short side quests, but still, the backend is in place.

Reactions: Papa Ernie
3.60 star(s) 58 Votes