Thjis

May 19, 2017
My problem with this one is that they are always fixing or reworking it and the base content is never finished. Love this game, but not sure if it is work loading up a new version to run through the Hooter chain for the 100th time.

aasdd

Aug 23, 2016
I have a folder of events from previous version of the game, can I use these files in 1.9.1?

FluffyStudio

Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2017
Hey guys Debbug is Awesome but is there a way to avoid to debbug every NPC on its own? İ hate that. Everytime to debbug every Student Parent etc.. İs there a way to have them Corrupted and Horny without changeing the Stats one by one?

zoomg

Modder
Nov 22, 2016
Hey guys Debbug is Awesome but is there a way to avoid to debbug every NPC on its own? İ hate that. Everytime to debbug every Student Parent etc.. İs there a way to have them Corrupted and Horny without changeing the Stats one by one?
SET STAT FOR GROUP [groupname] TO [statname] [value]
i.e. SET STAT FOR GROUP ALL_STUDENTS TO Corruption 100

It should be showing you all commands as you start typing in console so you can easliy find them out.

Reactions: FluffyStudio

Burt

Ignoring Social Media
Dec 14, 2016
I have a folder of events from previous version of the game, can I use these files in 1.9.1?
Not advisable as the update is quit comprehensive probably fuck up your save

FluffyStudio

Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2017
SET STAT FOR GROUP [groupname] TO [statname] [value]
i.e. SET STAT FOR GROUP ALL_STUDENTS TO Corruption 100

It should be showing you all commands as you start typing in console so you can easliy find them out.

Did it and AWESOME THANK YOUUUUUUUU

klang

Aug 15, 2016
:oops: Has there ever been a game thas been remade and left unfinished more than HHS?
My guess is that the main devs are more interested in building their custom engine than building the game, honestly. If they had used something besides .Net and trying to build their own parser, they could have finished a lot more without nearly as much hassle.

Shilo

HHS+ Developer
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
so you no longer need to follow the instructions in the first post to get this game to work? because if you do then the download no longer works.
You should only need to download the files from the Mega link. Extract the large one (1.9.0) first, then the small one (1.9.1) on top of it.

The instructions about the auto-update tool in the first post are probably not up to date, since the auto-updater is a third party tool that just scans a specific forum thread for attachments and probably has some hardcoded logic that's specific to an individual release. (Never really tried the tool myself)

1.9.0 is the new base with all the content. 1.9.1 is just some bugfixes to the executable and some events.

Anything from versions before those is outdated and might not work correctly with the new version. If you are talking about some custom mods that someone made for a previous version, you can give them a try at your own risk. The minimum that won't be working anymore is content filtering on images from old events.

:oops: Has there ever been a game thas been remade and left unfinished more than HHS?
My ambition is not so much to finish the game first, but instead to create a game engine that can be used as base for many more games in this genre. Smallville is pretty much a guinea pig for ever-evolving requirements that content creators may have. People get new ideas for stuff that they want to do in the game and if it's not too unreasonable, I try to adjust the engine to make it possible.

There will probably be about 2 or 3 more major releases (think at least 2-3 months of work between each, with some time allocated for bugfixing in the current public version) with updates to particular systems of the game before I consider the engine to be in a good enough spot to start working on actual content.

Stuff on my personal wish list, some of which may be postponed:
* New dynamic paperdoll system with individual body parts, multiple layers, a proper bone structure and animation.
* New NPC scheduling system to allow movement with proper pathfinding and performing activities instead of randomly teleporting around.
* Ability to combine multiple custom UI themes into one.
* Localization support. (Optional)
* Better modding support, so mods can be packaged and turned on/off. (Optional)
* Allowing the use of custom XAML in events, to create custom UIs at runtime. (Optional)

I am well aware that Smallville will probably never get close to being perfect, due to evolving over such a long period of time, partly with now outdated technology, with many changing contributors and without a clear vision of how it should be. Once the engine has all features planned for it, we can also start working on a new scenario where many of these mistakes can be avoided and all the experiences gained in the process of developing Smallville can be put to better use.

Thjis

May 19, 2017
Guess that is part of the problem, thre is no point in making a game engine if games are not made. While I realize that might not of been the priority with HHS, this game is in many ways less complete than earlier versions. You could keep building the engine for years and never get it finished. Especially puzzling when this game has been so popular

Gam3Fr3ak20

Oct 30, 2017
I kinda started this....but how do you build relationships with people?
All you can seem to do is Ask for their number or try to kiss them...am I missing something?
You have to flirt with them A LOT. or just brain wash them to have max loyalty, lust and inhibition.

Nov 24, 2017
Hey, I need some help I ran into a strange problem. I'm trying to unlock the chemistry skill but whenever I try to read the book it tells me my chemistry is too high to read it. What should I do? I don't know how to fix this problem in the debug menu.

bladestorm91

Jun 16, 2017
I love this game, but there are some big problems that make me squirm in trying to replay it again.

First off, while I don't mind the grind in the beginning, I do mind the fucking timetable where I have to assign various subjects for each class for EVERY FUCKING PERIOD. Like holy fuck this is too much micromanagement, I just want a button to give me an optimal even assignment of subjects across all classes or just something so I don't have to do this fucking time-wasting SHITTY JOB.

The second problem is that it's difficult to know if you can trigger a quest event at this (game) time and at this day or not when fucking stupid common events get in the way of you triggering them. I just want to trigger the Carmen Smith event and these annoying student events of a damn dick pic, sleeping student and whatever fucking else get in my damn way. The problem is that you can't choose whether you want to receive these random events or not, you have to sludge through them to progress through quest events.

Finally, there's just not enough diverse 'common' events yet, too much repeating for my liking.

I would like to play again, but I really want at least the first problem gone, I don't want to mess with that fucking timetable again.

Last edited:

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
I love this game, but there are some big problems that make me squirm in trying to replay it again.

First off, while I don't mind the grind in the beginning, I do mind the fucking timetable where I have to assign various subjects for each class for EVERY FUCKING PERIOD. Like holy fuck this is too much micromanagement, I just want a button to give me an optimal even assignment of subjects across all classes or just something so I don't have to do this fucking time-wasting SHITTY JOB.

The second problem is that it's difficult to know if you can trigger a quest event at this (game) time and at this day or not when fucking stupid common events get in the way of you triggering them. I just want to trigger the Carmen Smith event and these annoying student events of a damn dick pic, sleeping student and whatever fucking else get in my damn way. The problem is that you can't choose whether you want to receive these random events or not, you have sp sludge through them to progress through quest events.

Finally, there's just not enough diverse 'common' events yet, too much repeating for my liking.

I would like to play again, but I really want at least the first problem gone, I don't want to mess with that fucking timetable again.
For the first problem, If I undestand well what you asked, there's a "Randomize" button when you've to choose what students have to attend to when in school! (see the marker where it is)

Grema

Sep 21, 2017
Someone can please tell me where can i buy drugs in this game? I played for hours and never had the option, it drives me crazy.

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
For the first problem, If I undestand well what you asked, there's a "Randomize" button when you've to choose what students have to attend to when in school! (see the marker where it is)
Yeah the randomize button is there, but from all my previous play-sessions I don't really like using it since it doesn't even try to place classes evenly, include all of them or even check for available teachers at rare times.
I personally just start adding them in the order they are listed and try to counter any no-room/teacher problems by shifting them around, but it kinda turns overly tedious by the 5-6th time a new class is added/game is started instead of management challenge. :/

But this is how it is. If there was an auto sort button they might as well remove the whole timetable system from this school management H-game. :p

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes