Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
where can I find the newspaper?
Eat at the diner and choose to stay a while rather than just focus on the food, you can pick it up then.

Another question time, how the eff do you get the sleep device/solve the missing student event? I went to the gym a bunch and I have rigid monitoring policies and hired Keller, but I lack the charm/stamina to solve without the device apparently, and I'm not getting the sleeping device prompt where I ask her to watch over the computer room, do I need to spend the 5k to upgrade to a lab?

*also, is there a way to view YOUR stats? On the wiki it says have 70 stamina, but I see no way of knowing what that is and sleeping until I can eat at the diner for max stamina also didn't help.

W65

May 31, 2018
Eat at the diner and choose to stay a while rather than just focus on the food, you can pick it up then.

Another question time, how the eff do you get the sleep device/solve the missing student event? I went to the gym a bunch and I have rigid monitoring policies and hired Keller, but I lack the charm/stamina to solve without the device apparently, and I'm not getting the sleeping device prompt where I ask her to watch over the computer room, do I need to spend the 5k to upgrade to a lab?

*also, is there a way to view YOUR stats? On the wiki it says have 70 stamina, but I see no way of knowing what that is and sleeping until I can eat at the diner for max stamina also didn't help.
For stats, you can hover your mouse over your principal's name in the lower right. "Stamina" is in that list.

In older versions, the missing student thing was--I think--solved with the mind control device as an alternative to having high enough stats. I tried that in this last version (pretty sure it was this one) and didn't have much luck. I think I ended up just coming back and getting in the back way.

Come to think of it, I don't know of a sleeping device. There is the mind control device. Maybe they changed the name in the newer versions. That device is the thing you get from hanging out in the forest part of the park. I think you have to be a few weeks into the game before that event can fire. You'll see a guy bury something. Dig it up and take it to the private investigator downtown. Don't sell it to him.

They've been making lots of changes to event/quest content that hasn't been changed for years, so I think a lot of older players are also having to sorta figure stuff out again. The newspaper/lockpicking thing is a good example: it used to be a matter of showing up to the park and getting training. Now you have to go to a fairly obscure location to set an event flag, and THEN you can go do what you've been doing for years. Still, I'm glad to see that they're trying to improve event content.

I'm also glad they're adding hospital content. I considered doing some modding to add in events for doctors yelling at you for wandering into the operating rooms. Reputation would take a nosedive, but you would've been able to steal drugs if you weren't caught. I've known surgeons: you really, really would not want to wander into one of their operating rooms even if it weren't actively being used.

One of the frustrations of being a player from older versions is getting used to the new way of doing things. Chemical manufacturing has changed a lot, for instance, mostly to require more in-game time and money to actually do the drug production and research. I guess it's a way of making the drug system have more depth, since it was kind of a "push button, get results" system before. That's kind of the eternal problem that public beta games have: players get used to playing a certain way, and if you suddenly make that harder plenty of them will be unhappy even if it improves the game overall.

Completely aside: I am kinda hoping that the lockpicking minigame gets a major rework. The hacking minigame, for instance, is appropriately challenging and even kinda fun sometimes. I think it was patterned off of something in Alpha Protocol. The lockpicking game is an absolute slog. The way it's set up can't be solved quickly--every lock is absolutely guaranteed to take at least as long as it takes for the little bar to fill up, which is something like 20 seconds. Sure, it's not a long time in any sense of the word, but it feels like a long time because it just isn't fun watching a bar count up while you do more or less nothing about it. More player skill or numerical skill can only get you closer to that minimum 20 second number. It doesn't help that the center-fleeing drive of the carat feels like it overpowers your ability to bring it back to the center at times. I get that there is probably some hysteresis in holding the key to change the carat's direction, but the whole thing just feels hamfisted. I appreciate that actual lockpicking is tedious and not quick, but I don't think we necessarily need to make the player experience that.

I always appreciate minigames that can be solved quickly once the player is used to it. Think of the System Shock 2 box-clicking minigame: boop boop boop open. Or the spinning-tumblers minigame that every game except the Elder Scrolls games has had for its mechanical lock. Anachronox didn't have great minigames, but at least they had some music and animation to give you something to pay attention to while the minigame was in progress.

W65

May 31, 2018
how do i lower inhibitions quicker? or is it a slow-paced game?
For individual persons, drugs (I think slut maker and corruptor both affect inhibition, but I think the former is faster) and hypnosis are fast ways to lower inhibition.

Drugs are generally very fast ways to affect stats. You can use them as an item on someone. Newer versions really make it tough to apply drugs as an item to a person who is awake. If they see you doing it and slap it out of your hand, their loyalty goes down and I think you also take a rep hit. If you can find the person asleep, you're more likely to be able to use a drug as an item on them, and I don't think they're able to detect you doing it.

For people who have high loyalty, you can trade drugs to them and they'll use one on a daily basis until they run out. You might not be able to give them more than one at a time, though. Not totally sure what determines that.

For the general population, there is a chemistry lab event that, I think, can lower inhibition if it works right. It's kinda tough to pull off, doesn't fire often (I think it's once a week at most, checked when you enter the chemistry lab's back room), and I forget if you can pick which stats get changed.

You can, if you are carrying drugs, sometimes spike the cafeteria food with them. Last time I remember doing this I think I was actually there at the end of the lunch period, but try hanging out in the cafeteria skipping in 10 minute increments through the lunch hour. Dunno if this affects all students and faculty or just those that actually visit or have visited the cafeteria.

Hypnosis can be used to directly lower inhibition, but it doesn't work reliably on individuals even with 100 hypnosis skill. If the skill check fails, the person notices you doing something weird and you get a rep hit and I think a loyalty hit for that person. Also, you have to be alone in the room with the person in order to change their stats. However, if you hypnotize someone when others are around you can order them to follow you to a private area and then re-hypnotize them. I'm pretty sure you can't maximize or minimize a person's stats with hypnosis, either.

The mind control device, if you find it, I think lets you do everything that you can do with hypnosis without the chance of failure. You need to spend money on batteries, though, and have to get a person alone before you can use it at all. I also don't think you can buy it back if you sold it to the private eye, but I'm not sure about that one.

There are hypnosis events for affecting an entire class at once, but I think only some of the options work on inhibition.

Lastly, how little clothing you are wearing around others has a chance of affecting their inhibition. You really have to play around with this system to see how little clothing you can get away with before you start to suffer reputation damage because you're too scantily clad. A principal who is more attractive can apparently get away with being less dressed than one who is less attractive. Also, the only cue that you are successfully influencing inhibition is an audio cue, but if you're losing reputation you thankfully get a message about it. It can be kinda weird to get a rep hit from wearing a short sleeved shirt that shows some cleavage, but the system is very numerical and it only takes one high-inhibition dork seeing you to trigger a disapproval message. Someone did a pretty good job explaining it in the in-game writeup in the clothing closet.

Reactions: RealChestnut

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
how do i lower inhibitions quicker? or is it a slow-paced game?
It is a slow paced game. Read the class descriptions in the principal's primer, it will give you some ideas for classes that will help the process move along. Use your hypnotism skills, there is an option to lower inhibitions. Once your skill goes up a bit you should be successful on small groups of people so you can affect everyone. In that process, you might see a message that some or one was able to resist. That usually means that they are already at your current limit of effectiveness. Get blackmailed by the editor of the newspaper and start doing the photoshop assignments.

@W65 there still is a sleeping device in the game that you get from Keller after a series of events ending with you seeing something in a spycam in the computer room.

RealChestnut

Feb 20, 2018
thanks, that will help, just 2 questions now... where do i get the drugs and where is the private investigator? thought it would be in the smallville times but can't get in or am i being stupid again xD

W65

May 31, 2018
thanks, that will help, just 2 questions now... where do i get the drugs and where is the private investigator? thought it would be in the smallville times but can't get in or am i being stupid again XD
Drugs ends up being kinda involved. You need to buy the chemistry classroom first. They changed up the exact progression for this event, but there should be a conversation that fires either when you build the classroom or when you first enter it. The conversation will hint how you can get the chemistry research area area up and running. I think you need to build the chemistry classroom, visit it, get the conversation, then go back to the build menu and build the chemistry lab--something like that. It takes a day or two, I think, then you can visit the chemistry classroom and then move from there to the place where you research drugs. There should be a chemistry manual in that research area that will let you study the Chemistry skill, and there should be a drop-down menu you can play around with to research or create drugs. I think you need to buy some stuff and wait a few days once you actually get into the back-room, but again there should be a conversation that kinda spells that out and handles the buying stuff part.

The investigator should be downtown during something like 8AM-5PM business hours. Head downtown and there should be a button for his office somewhere in the upper-left of the screen.

there still is a sleeping device in the game that you get from Keller after a series of events ending with you seeing something in a spycam in the computer room.
I dunno anything about that or when it was added. I thought it was the MC device for that part of that event, but I guess that would explain why I wasn't able to do it the last time I tried. Can you describe this series of events in any detail for me? I'll go take a look at the wiki, first, and see if I can learn anything about it there.

EDIT: Ah, okay. I never use strict monitoring, so I'd pretty much completely missed that. Just one of those things you'd never find if you don't play with rules at random and wander around a bunch while you do it. If there's any signposting or hinting for that one, I totally missed it.

It's good to see that someone's taken initiative with the wiki, too. There's a lot more information than the last time I tried to use it for something, although some editor has a grating habit of saying "the current version" instead of specifying a version number.

The sleep device thing is redlinked from the missing student quest page, although there is a sleeping device quest page. That really should be fixed, but I can't do it. Oh well.

Aidevilehelli

Nov 1, 2017
i was able to run this game yesterday but today suddenly can't. I need to rename the folder name like putting a number at the end of the folder name to get the apps to run. Anyone has a solution for this?

Bhork

Nov 22, 2017
the game is slow, it takes 20 or 40 seconds to move around the map, does anyone know why?

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
Stuck on Hooter questline, Peter is an ally but hasn't said anything else... though I did make him a futa so that might be messing with code somewhere.

georgetakei

May 8, 2017
can't seem to find that thief to start learning how to pick locks can anyone help with that ?
Go to the restauraunt in downtown, look arounf take your time and at the end take the newspaper. Read all of it(doesn't take time), then go to the park.

On a sidenote, is there a way to get rif of the mayor event.. it keeps popping up with the "end of the chain" meassage. And i think it's screwing other events that should happen :/

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
On a sidenote, is there a way to get rif of the mayor event.. it keeps popping up with the "end of the chain" meassage. And i think it's screwing other events that should happen :/
In case anyone is curious, I made a separate file to mess around and tried the other method: the mayor election event still pops up even if you do/don't participate in the event. The main way I work around it is by progressing through one of the PTA member's quests until you can go in their house, and then just sleep in their bed since the event only seems to occur from 7-10 in your house.

More concerning, is there any good way to make cash? I have a lot of teachers and such to progress quests and every month they're taking like 10k or so, which means I'm spending 2/3rd of my days just doing the diner job and sleeping.

*also still never got the sleeping device/found out how to coach swimming, and stamina just takes forever to go up with working out.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
To make cash, get your reputation up as high as you can, and make sure your students are learning and the RSB will give you more money. Advance the cooking club, music club, theater club, and MAID club as quickly as possible as they start to generate cash. Plant spy cams around campus and sell the pictures. Form the Secret Panty Exchange Club, it also generates cash. Find the mind control device and sell it to the detective. Do the June detective quest, she eventually will pay you to fuck her daughter, with a boost to your rep to boot.

W65

May 31, 2018
Go to the restauraunt in downtown, look arounf take your time and at the end take the newspaper. Read all of it(doesn't take time), then go to the park.

The town politics/mayor event is bugged in 1.9.5 as released--that's the version in the OP right now. Like every version release, there'll be a bunch of hotfixes, and for 1.9.5 they're in thread. Shilo's post at the top of the thread will have the last major release (1.9.5 2050, I guess), and Spinner's posts below will have the hotfixes. Hotfixes will dribble out over time as bugs get reported and fixed, and the devs prefer to release the fixes as individual hotfix posts in the release thread. Each post will have a small batch of files. Follow the directions in each post and just run down the list applying them one after another.

Also, be sure not to lose track of the last one you applied, like I just did. Maybe make yourself a note.

the game is slow, it takes 20 or 40 seconds to move around the map, does anyone know why?
There's a setting in-game for the fraction of the population that gets updated at a time. That could be causing map slowdowns, I think. Load up your game, go to the settings and try adjusting the slider.

EDIT: Also, for folks who are comfortable learning the world map editor, you can fix the stupid decision to disconnect the front of the school from the sports area in only a few steps. I think you need to do it with your save loaded, if you have one, and otherwise you ought to be able to do it from their front-end.

If you right-click on a room in the editor, you can hit "add connection" and left-click the room to connect it up with. You'd need to do that twice: once to connect the main entrance to the sports area, and again to connect the sports area to the main entrance. You do need to move the button to somewhere useful, though. Do that by double-clicking on the room, changing to the "navigation" tab (I think it's that tab) selecting the connection in the drop-down, and just moving the label on the picture to somewhere you can find it. If you're doing the main entrance, for instance, you'd need to select the sports area in the drop-down box. Probably want to back up your save before you try it.

Vicky750

Oct 11, 2018
i broke into the Underwood house to get some dirt on her i got beat up and nothing happened after that
is that it ?

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
I seem to have screwed up the Carmen Smith chain, can anybody help out?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Craft corruptor/slut maker and maybe visit her work. As far as I'm aware the full story isn't done yet, but you can corrupt her/other officer to basically any PTA level.

Still not sure what to do with the Hooter storyline since Peter is now an ally and I even realized what the benefit of that is (add him as a phone contact, you can have him do 'stuff' if you're willing to pay the price), but he still hasn't brought up the corruption of his mother part and it's been months in game.

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes