RPGM Henteria Chronicles Ch. 3 : The Peacekeepers [Update 13] [N_taii]

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
I think RPGM games have their own unique charm. For example, NTRPG1 and 2 are better than alot of Unity/Ren'Py games imo. From story telling, to sex scenes I think it outclasses. Graphics dont make games good or bad its just an style choice by developers what makes a good game good is deeper than that.

Undertale, Binding of Isaac, Lost Company all blow triple A games with Unreal Engine 5, million dollar budgets or whatever outta the water, just goes to show.
yes, but non of those game are using rpgm. Undertale for example is with gamemaker. I agree its the devs style choices and writing that make a good NTR game, but rpgm is a limiter in what you can do in some cases. Not so much with this game, since its well within rpgm design capabilities. But a game using a bunch of animations starts to really get bogged down by it.

BBC King

May 8, 2021
yes, but non of those game are using rpgm. Undertale for example is with gamemaker. I agree its the devs style choices and writing that make a good NTR game, but rpgm is a limiter in what you can do in some cases. Not so much with this game, since its well within rpgm design capabilities. But a game using a bunch of animations starts to really get bogged down by it.
Then it depends what animations you refer to; Are they sprite animations or hand-drawn/stylized? If you are using a RPGM engine then sprite animations actually compliment that engine, the upside being most of the sprite animations you need are most likely already done and for sale meanwhile it only takes a well versed storyteller to put them together in a good story-based context.

Hand-drawn seems to only apply to henteria games for character portraits and some art pieces, I wouldnt say they bog the game down, if anything they enhance it by not using stock RPGM character portraits.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Is it necessary to play other Henteria Chronicles? Or i can just start at ch3?
You don't need to play the previous two games as they are not directly connected to one another. Same world, different characters, different story, with no major crossover outside of some overarching lore. I would recommend at least playing the second one since it's complete and a good NTR experience.

Reactions: Impostor69POS

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
Then it depends what animations you refer to; Are they sprite animations or hand-drawn/stylized? If you are using a RPGM engine then sprite animations actually compliment that engine, the upside being most of the sprite animations you need are most likely already done and for sale meanwhile it only takes a well versed storyteller to put them together in a good story-based context.

Hand-drawn seems to only apply to henteria games for character portraits and some art pieces, I wouldnt say they bog the game down, if anything they enhance it by not using stock RPGM character portraits.
What I mean by animations is when you take video, and break it into a few thousand frames so rpgm can play it. Animations like what we see in HC are no issue at all, its what it made for. It can also struggle when you do animations that are built on the fly with dozens of layers. Again, im not talkin small sprites, but large high-quality images. If you have a good PC you might be able to power through, but mid to low range pcs get a ton of lag.

BBC King

May 8, 2021
What I mean by animations is when you take video, and break it into a few thousand frames so rpgm can play it. Animations like what we see in HC are no issue at all, its what it made for. It can also struggle when you do animations that are built on the fly with dozens of layers. Again, im not talkin small sprites, but large high-quality images. If you have a good PC you might be able to power through, but mid to low range pcs get a ton of lag.
Do any games actually even do that? I know that when doing a hand drawn "animation" the dev usually only needs to loop about 4 or 5 images, not thousands. This is what I see in RPGM games with animation, in Ren'Py and Unity its no issue either way.

But to get back to the main point, RPGM is the best engine for Henteria Chronicle games given the dev drew inspiration from NTRPG1/2, the sprite animations/scenes and storytelling go hand in hand, it also gives it a unique charm not found in alot of games these days.

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
Do any games actually even do that? I know that when doing a hand drawn "animation" the dev usually only needs to loop about 4 or 5 images, not thousands. This is what I see in RPGM games with animation, in Ren'Py and Unity its no issue either way.

But to get back to the main point, RPGM is the best engine for Henteria Chronicle games given the dev drew inspiration from NTRPG1/2, the sprite animations/scenes and storytelling go hand in hand, it also gives it a unique charm not found in alot of games these days.
2023-12-17 05_42_36-Window.png

The main point is you can have the rpgm style without using the rpgm. But Yes, I agree the HC series doesn't have the issues some other games I play have. Its also a good starter platform to get something made with little to no programming knowledge. But I do hope devs eventually try out other more modern engines.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Unfortunately branching out to a different engine requires learning more about programming and RPGMaker is not going to teach you what you need to know to use a different engine.

BBC King

May 8, 2021
View attachment 3181176

The main point is you can have the rpgm style without using the rpgm. But Yes, I agree the HC series doesn't have the issues some other games I play have. Its also a good starter platform to get something made with little to no programming knowledge. But I do hope devs eventually try out other more modern engines.
I disagree, I dont think a more "modern" engine is needed. RPGM is part of the reason why the games blew up and it provides a simple and seamless gameplay cycle. At the end of the day this game is about pixel sprite sex not CG/3D/2D so the best format for this will always be RPGM engine.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Not necessary. RPGMaker is extremely outdated and is missing a lot of modern features, is difficult to customize in a meaningful way, and it's difficult to create something unique with it. Game Maker is a more modern choice and can do everything RPGM does and a lot more, but it also requires the user to be knowledgeable enough to use it and to build what they need to do. RPGM has only one clear advantage in that you do not have to build anything, the interface, base mechanics, and a lot of assets are already in the game. The bar for admission is low and you can do far less with it but because that bar is low more people can use it and it takes less functional programming ability to do more. I cannot comment on the technical ability of N_Taii but RPGM does suit what he's trying to make that sticking with it is the likely the best route for him to use since it's what he's familiar with.

Now, if we're talking about other projects that use it there's a lot of them that shouldn't be. NLT is probably the best example of a dev that is limiting the quality of their work by using RPGM.

Anywho, looking forward to the PoL tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get a glimpse of the Duke's big party and an updated ETA on the release of the patreon update.

Reactions: LordFrz
Feb 17, 2018
Probably means he either took the ending where Noa loses or gave up before reaching the end. Regardless, things going the protagonist's way at the very end and only at the very end is kind of a cop out if you're calling that actual sexual content for him.
Sure that fair I guess but there is still a route and while its not 100% of the content they are NTR games... o_O (one does have to expect there to be mostly NRT) You can still play the happy ever after route or pimp ever after lol the way it ends you may not have a thousand scene but he does spend the rest of his life sleeping with all the women that is the story :/ So I think it still counts ^_^

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
It really doesn't. No matter what level of revenge Leto will take at the end he's still at best going to be banging the corrupted leftovers of the Duke, Elrod, magic store pedo, and generic guard #6.

Edit: No, I do not mean "leftovers" in a "bodycount" kind of way. What I mean is they've been corrupted, trained, and caused to value dick over emotional connection.

Last edited:

BBC King

May 8, 2021
Yar, today's PoL was both good and bad.
This probably isnt the best place to try and have a discussion about Patreon posts. Most here arent subscribed, you'd have better luck on the comment section of that post or the discord.

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes