RPGM Henteria Chronicles Ch. 3 : The Peacekeepers [Update 13] [N_taii]

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
Welp, I remember another comment somewhere that did say the villains would be better off remaining faceless. Goes to show on differing opinions can be on here^^ Giving the antagonists a face is something I have considered before, but would rather give priority to the women and the pixel art first and foremost. It's not out of the question though, but they would most likely not have different expressions to match their dialogue.
I too would second the CG for the villains. Its doesn't need to be as detailed as the girls, and as you said it doesnt need changing faces, or even to be used every time they speak. But Just getting a simple, static CG image of them would help. Even just a headshot would be enough tbh.

quandin

Feb 9, 2021
I too would second the CG for the villains. Its doesn't need to be as detailed as the girls, and as you said it doesnt need changing faces, or even to be used every time they speak. But Just getting a simple, static CG image of them would help. Even just a headshot would be enough tbh.
I really dont want to see the dukes head in detail:WutFace:

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
While I did originally support the idea of CG portraits for the villains I'm not really sure if I do anymore. If it were me I'd probably take a page or two from NTR doujin that depict them as being less detailed than the female characters. Whited out eyes, only a few basic expressions. Playing Inatari has more or less taught me how maybe giving the villains, one of whom is a fat middle aged asshole, detailed faces might be a bad thing.

Reactions: quandin

Goriel

Aug 8, 2022
I personally don't mind seeing portraits for both the villains and the MC as long as they aren't made to look abolutely repulsive on purpose.
I feel like giving a clear face to the MC beyond his sprite could help players sympathize with him more, enhancing the feeling of betrayal.Even if its just a portrait on the pause menu since the mc doesn't really speak.

quandin

Feb 9, 2021
I personally don't mind seeing portraits for both the villains and the MC as long as they aren't made to look abolutely repulsive on purpose.
I feel like giving a clear face to the MC beyond his sprite could help players sympathize with him more, enhancing the feeling of betrayal.Even if its just a portrait on the pause menu since the mc doesn't really speak.
don't remember where, don't even really remember if it's the truth, but n_taai said he does not add name chance or was it dialogue, so that players don't put themselves in the mc's place

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I love ugly bastard villains almost as much as I love handsome douchebag villains
You should give Inatari a try. It's one of the most extreme examples of ugly bastards.

I don't think we should name the MCs, but I do think that a portrait for them would be nice in whatever comes after HC3. Of course I also think that a mute protagonist is an outdated concept and that future MCs should speak.

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
While I did originally support the idea of CG portraits for the villains I'm not really sure if I do anymore. If it were me I'd probably take a page or two from NTR doujin that depict them as being less detailed than the female characters. Whited out eyes, only a few basic expressions. Playing Inatari has more or less taught me how maybe giving the villains, one of whom is a fat middle aged asshole, detailed faces might be a bad thing.
You can't really use Intari as the standard, its way on the extreme side of ugly.

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
I'm definitely team no portait as well, i don't wanna see Jazon's smug face while he's seducing Haylen. Although i guess a full body portrait in the Characters Profile menu for the bad guys would be cool, especially with a short description.
N_Taii should add measurements as well like height and dick lenght, but just so that there is at least 1 fat joke in the game, instead of lenght, N_Taii should add waistline for the Duke. xddd

quandin

Feb 9, 2021
I'm definitely team no portait as well, i don't wanna see Jazon's smug face while he's seducing Haylen. Although i guess a full body portrait in the Characters Profile menu for the bad guys would be cool, especially with a short description.
N_Taii should add measurements as well like height and dick lenght, but just so that there is at least 1 fat joke in the game, instead of lenght, N_Taii should add waistline for the Duke. xddd
portraits do sound nice

Strix1234

Mar 31, 2022
The duke would at least be fat,bald and have a big mustache

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
The Duke is basically Don Corneo from FFVII in my head visually only without the stupid single curl of hair.

Strix1234

Mar 31, 2022
That's exacly what it is, one of the most commonly used argument against the series is that the gameplay is nonexistent, and while i don't necessarily agree with the argument when it comes to the game as a whole, it was definitely the case in this Update.
It was as close to a visual novel as you can get, which i'm perfectly fine with just to clarify, i'm just saying that one big reason for why the Update seemed longer than it actually was is because 70% of it was dialogue, 25% was scenes, and the rest 5% was us walking from one dialogue to another.
As soon as i loaded up the Savefile it was like:
-Dialogue
-"Talk to Rose"
-Dialogue
-*meanwhile*
-Dialogue
-Scene
-"Go outside"
-Dialogue
-Scene
-"Talk to Haylen"
-Dialogue
-etc.

Also there was another reason for me besides this one and it was the fact that my expectations in terms of length was low, i thought i would be done in half an hour but i'm pretty sure i've spent more than an hour playing the Update, to be fair that includes me wandering around the city looking for freeroam events and trying to figure out how to get to the Peacekeeper Tower when there are clearly none in the city, only to realise that the big ass tree i've been walking past by for the last 10 Updates is in fact...a Peacekeeper Tower.
Personally i dont mind the lack of gameplay but the whole "go to your bed to change the time" system really makes me bored when i try to look for the freeroam events.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Personally i dont mind the lack of gameplay but the whole "go to your bed to change the time" system really makes me bored when i try to look for the freeroam events.
Well then it's a good thing there's a way to check when and where events are going to happen and there's only eight times to check then, huh?

Strix1234

Mar 31, 2022
Well then it's a good thing there's a way to check when and where events are going to happen and there's only eight times to check then, huh?
I was actually following the guide,but the loop to see everything is really tedious you go to bed select the day,if its at evening you have to also change the time,then walk all the way to where its happening. Then go back to your home and do the same thing and after the 8th time it really gets tedious,maybe doing it organically is better since you arent trying to be a super completionist. I did it for Rose and for like 2 of Lily's freeroam events then gave up because of how tedious the process was.

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
I dont mind the morning, noon, night kind of time passing. It's the by the hour stuff that gets annoying. I would only greedily wish for more free roam events, purely because more is always better.

bucefala

Sep 1, 2020
Reading the dev notes for these games, I see that the dev said several times that the mc doesnt have a voice so its easier for people to not empathize with him, but I actually like the mc the most in all three games. Just with the speech bubbles and sprite expressions and actions, they seem to be the best characters and people in the game.

Especially Noah. That guy and his father are the goats. Casio was also cool as hell, cried so much at true ending. I havent played much of HC 3, thought it seems this guy is a bit less expressive.

Is it just me?

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes