RPGM Henteria Chronicles Ch. 3 : The Peacekeepers [Update 13] [N_taii]

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes

Miss Y

Sep 12, 2016
Semi-related question: I never bothered to keep track until now, but since my bank really seems to hate Patreon for some reason... is there is a specific timetable for when a new update becomes available on itch.io? With the $5 price, I assumed it would be roughly at the same time as the Grunt tier on Patreon — but that was almost a week ago now so I figure it can't hurt to ask!

Reactions: bucefala

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
Semi-related question: I never bothered to keep track until now, but since my bank really seems to hate Patreon for some reason... is there is a specific timetable for when a new update becomes available on itch.io? With the $5 price, I assumed it would be roughly at the same time as the Grunt tier on Patreon — but that was almost a week ago now so I figure it can't hurt to ask!
I'm guessing it has the exact same release schedule but traffic must be so low on that website that N_Taii must've forgot to Update it. Every now and then i see a person or two here on this thread ask N_Taii for a link saying that they're subscribers on Itch.io but they can't get the link to the current Updates.

Reactions: bucefala and Miss Y

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I miss the guy with the bbc profile pic. Their "discussions" were extremely entertaining xD
Hey now, no poking the extremely stupid bear. You're only allowed to poke me: the impatient and cranky bear who may or may not have a heart condition.

Racoon_4

Jun 1, 2021
I can't even remember what you guys were arguing about.
Whether such discussions entertain or annoy me usually depends on their timing.
Does it take place right after a new update drops or does it take place when noone posted anything new for days and all of us are bored?

So i have nothing against him and you arguing once more (right now) xD

Strix1234

Mar 31, 2022
Personally I don't understand N_Taii's desire to keep players from empathizing with the MCs of his games. If we're not empathizing with the main character the NTR is less effective and the endings are less satisfying. The simple fact of the matter is that characters talk to Leto, Noa, and Casio as if they can speak and react to them like they are speaking so they might as well speak.
Tbh Noah so far is the only one i have really empathized the guy was like nice to a fault aways helpful and truly trying to be a good person it was really cool to see the catharsis of him breaking free of his own moral constraints on the "Revenge ending" and made me like the character even more in his normal persona,the other 2 where just "eh i this is pretty shit" i kinda feel bad for the MC in Henteria 3 in relation to his adoptive sister maybe because her getting "stolen" is a series of unfortuante circunstances but for some reason i really dont care about Rose getting stolen since she is clearly a huge slut lmao.

Strix1234

Mar 31, 2022
I wonder if it would be a good idea to give the mc a voice in critical situations only or where we really need to see what he has to say, like the letter Noah leaves behind in the true ending.

One things that annoys me with speech bubbles is that the same speech bubble is used for "ah, I stepped in a puddle" and for "You betrayed me!". I know its stupid, but sometimes I wish the speech bubble appear several times, maybe even interrupting the other characters, sort of like "enough bullshit", in times of revealing the enemy's plan. And then we get what the mc said by the other's responses, like normal. Even if he doesnt have a voice for us to see, I want the other characters to treat him like he has one when he's obviously pissed or really has somthing to say.

I would clap in my room if the mc suddenly went "SHUT THE FUCK UP!" when the heroines be yapping excuses, and then go back to speech bubbles lol.

I dunno, all these games have fantastic story and conflict, towards the end I actually enjoy them as great drama literature or stories, but the conflicts peaks between mc and heroines, the "how could you?" moments, the confrontation moments with them always feel so unsatisfying. One times I really liked how this was done is with Celis in true ending. You dont trust her again and she works to earn your trust back.
A bit of a spoiler for HC2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Miss Y and bucefala

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I can't even remember what you guys were arguing about.
Whether such discussions entertain or annoy me usually depends on their timing.
Does it take place right after a new update drops or does it take place when noone posted anything new for days and all of us are bored?

So i have nothing against him and you arguing once more (right now) xD
The easiest explanation is that he got pissy about the people who post here that are subs to N_Taii's patreon not leaking the updates. As if me not leaking it when one update leaking early caused a near 25% drop in subs made me the bad guy.

quandin

Feb 9, 2021
The easiest explanation is that he got pissy about the people who post here that are subs to N_Taii's patreon not leaking the updates. As if me not leaking it when one update leaking early caused a near 25% drop in subs made me the bad guy.
the n_taai fanbase gotta be the most loyal lol, for any other game of the same popularity it
would get leaked in the first week EVERY update

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
the n_taai fanbase gotta be the most loyal lol, for any other game of the same popularity it
There a a couple games I play here that dont leak non stop. I think Ntai usually DMS the leakers to remove it and most people generally will from my understanding. It still leaks on Chinese websites but I think a lot of that is because their Chinese bank cards dont work on patreon.

quandin

Feb 9, 2021
There a a couple games I play here that dont leak non stop. I think Ntai usually DMS the leakers to remove it and most people generally will from my understanding. It still leaks on Chinese websites but I think a lot of that is because their Chinese bank cards dont work on patreon.
can you give the names of those games?

Racoon_4

Jun 1, 2021
I agree with you on this.
In the past whoever asked for a "hero" didn't even last long enough for N_taii himself to do anything before getting criticizedby the majority here. At the same time whenever someone does leak a version he receives lots of likes -but pretty much everyone liking that comment never writes anything here at all. Probably because there are too many "righteous" people here who intimidate the"pirates". Other game threads are the opposite, developer struggling with instant leaks or people criticizing leakers getting a ton of flak.

can you give the names of those games?
I would say A promise best left unkept or The corruption if the village are examples of non/late leaks. Sword Art Online is an example for instant leaks while Turning the page or HC are in-between.

It still leaks on Chinese websites but I think a lot of that is because their Chinese bank cards dont work on patreon.
I am not sure about this but i think some chinese dude/site even translates HC into chinese. So even if you would get yourself an communist friendly account to download it it may be the newest version ... on chinese, lol

Last edited:

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
It's not necessarily that N_Taii knows how to make a good game or even that he makes a good game at all. N_Taii has a fairly loyal fan base for three reasons.

First, he's pretty transparent with the financial situation of the patreon, I'm fairly certain that he posted about contacting leakers directly requesting that they not leak.

Second, HC fills a niche that is mostly only filled by badly translated Japanese games that often have pretty disgusting art styles.

Third, he listens to and interacts with people here and on patreon... Case in point I complained about the fountain outside of Leto's apartment interrupting mouse controls and he fixed it.

JagOvv

Oct 17, 2017
But as always Inatari: Corruption of the Village does come with the "Ugly bastards are disgustingly ugly" warning. :p
I checked out that game and I didn't like the art, but for a different reason. The pixel art for all the characters look too uncanny and weirdly shaped. The artist was trying to go for a more realistic body shape with the pixel sprites, but that's what makes them look off-putting. With N_taii's pixel sprites, they're chibi enough that they look fine.

LordFrz

Oct 21, 2022
I checked out that game and I didn't like the art, but for a different reason. The pixel art for all the characters look too uncanny and weirdly shaped. The artist was trying to go for a more realistic body shape with the pixel sprites, but that's what makes them look off-putting. With N_taii's pixel sprites, they're chibi enough that they look fine.
Yea he is not asprite artist, his focus is full sized cg, and he has been getting better and better at it. His latest ones are very good. He even does basic animation for them now.

Reactions: abgazil
4.60 star(s) 31 Votes