TheNPC

Jun 20, 2023
Kinda funny how we have nine pages of discussion about the game and about eight pages of it are complains :KEK:
Too bad though, the art truly hit my valley, guess it's waiting time till dev fix their sh#t

athosberger

Mar 21, 2022
I tried to like this game, but its just not good sadly, its basically a rip off worse version of:
https://f95zone.to/threads/nebel-geisterjaeger-v1-2-bbq-lover.158505/

If you like this game just play nebel geisterjaeger if you didn't try it, its more engaging and has better art, gameplay + more scenes than this.
the existence of nebel make this game a near trash.

i rly tried this game, but, the time passing is strange, u need go home to skip time, the work gives nothing, npcs dont talk to you on a big part, on overall, nothing happens on all the game.

the only game inside this game for me was try found the statue btw

i like the art of game, i like the idea of lots of outfit, but, dam, this cant carry all the game for me

LexiTV

Jan 24, 2018
This game seems to be shit... full of tedious walking around and extremely passive boring gameplay... also a bunch of haters have started posting troll 1 star comments and these accounts are all empty and have barely any posts here... what's going on???

Reactions: DDDD6

phantorios

Jul 7, 2018
Screenshot (490).png
what kind of game only using so little variable and cost 3080 yen? (fyi bbq and avantgarde games cost 1000-2000 yen)

edit:
might as well using VN maker or some similar shit instead of RPG maker if they want to make boring ass game with so little content to show...
they also split 1 proper scene to be multiple scene just to boost their "event" number, which are really shitty move to do.

Ion.TemUS

Jun 8, 2017
Checked it out. Can't say anything about the gameplay (so just listen to people who say maps are empty and it takes forever to get anywhere), but I can see why people are upset. The problem is, the art is relatively good in most scenes and you got a lot of hot elements (tho there are exceptions, the "dog" scene for example has a different artstyle that Im not a fan of).

The issue is:

- no ability to make animations speed up as one usually can in RPGM games (by pressing enter)
- even with skip the dialogue goes by relatively slow, and some scenes (i.e. livestream) you are unable to speed up properly, since the text is not in the textbox but rather on screen
- the dialogue stays relatively surface level, you feel like there is some great lines in there, some hot stuff too, but it does not have the proper buildup. And some stuff feels very copy and paste, for example the livestream scenes having chat comments just being the same line repeated by 5-6 "users" in chat that are named "A", "B", "C", "D", etc. And sometimes the "chat" is just people saying "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". Which is not even true to how a chat would work and what would be posted there. The same goes to a lesser degree for all the other scenes. Like I said, some good lines here and there, but all in all every scene is too short and its just not building up well enough
- narrative/story progression is just too quick and there is no real buildup for the corruption. A couple of facial expressions are neat, and some of the later scenes are hot, but all in all its very surface level
- all "paths" are connected, so you gotta fuck everyone as far as I can tell
- ik h-games are not known for narrative consistency and logic in FMCs, but the reasoning is very weak on this one, makes it hard to suspend disbelief

So yea, promising premise and all, but it falls short of that. I think that plus the price is the issue here. It feels very much like an A.I. made this game. Like some program went through a "checklist" of things and scenes that a NTR game is supposed to have and them just stringed them together in a loose way. Like the game lacks soul in many regards. This needed a lot more time in the oven (at least 6 months Id say) to become a decent game overall.

phantorios

Jul 7, 2018
tbh, it feels like the studio just decided to release unfinished game while thinking they can finish it later to get early income, or they just did a quick cash grab...

Aug 23, 2017
I personally thought at least the initial narrative was on the better half for these types of games - the fall didn't happen jarringly abruptly like some games. The english was a bit rough but better than unedited MTL by far - to me it definitely felt like a non-native speaker rather than MTL.
The art is nice as well.

The main issue seemed to be the lack of game design experience. Even by the point I gave up and went to the gallery, it wasn't clear to me as a player if I had had any sort of agency whatsoever.
- There wasn't really any sort of gameplay besides 'try to find the gf or pass time'. For example, at some point there's a branch between multiple routes - but I honestly can't think of what the deciding factor would have been, because everything has felt on-rails with no impact on the narrative. This can be fine for a mostly linear experience (there have been some good examples made in RPG maker so it's possible) but it doesn't work well in this game.
- There were some good ideas for mechanics, but they ended up being half baked, and almost entirely gated behind obscure unlocks that players might not run into on their own. (phone apps, x-ray view + gallery, etc).
- Correctly finding the gf doesn't even show you anything - you have to go back and view the scene in the gallery. Which means there's no point in trying to find her - you don't affect the narrative, and you would have unlocked the gallery entry automatically by passing that day.

Combining thoroughly-hidden half-baked mechanics that don't affect the story with zero CG in regular gameplay unfortunately results in a game that most people just won't find fun. The only gameplay is finding the girl, which has no CG nor impact, or earning money to... find the girl. IMHO the dev could greatly improve the feel of the game by breadcrumbing the tougher unlockables and either:
1) letting the player interrupt or ward off events during gameplay, perhaps even going so far as to not automatically progress through events that the player doesn't find
2) letting the player view the scenes during gameplay, even if the MC doesn't know that they happened story-wise. Alternatively, provide alternate scenes from the voyeur MC's point of view that keep a fair amount hidden but are satisfying to an NTR fan

(EDIT: Some of the later ones can be voyeured, so that's good!)

To be fair, the exact combination of the first and/or second suggestions would definitely change the nature of the game, but I think any of them would be an improvement and worth the effort.

Last edited:
1.40 star(s) 7 Votes