VN Ren'Py Abandoned Here After [Ch. 1 v0.1] [Agastopia]

putin6969

Dec 12, 2020
I'm going to go ahead and guess that MC knows the white-haired girl, and did not just start calling random women Dogface and start touching them?
That's a scene from movie Three steps above heaven , the guy doesn't know the girl in the car

Jsd16

May 18, 2020
Nice start to the game , planned tags " HAREM " , count me in. Can't wait to see how future updates shapes up the game .

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Ah, "dogface" because she was sticking her head out of the car window like a dog does.

I thought it was a bad translation of "dollface" lol

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
I'll be honest, I damned near quit out the moment the MC starts insulting a random woman for no apparent reason. The fuck is up with the "dogface" stuff? Is MC just an asshole, or is this a language barrier thing?

Reactions: House Of Black

Agastopia

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2018
I'll be honest, I damned near quit out the moment the MC starts insulting a random woman for no apparent reason. The fuck is up with the "dogface" stuff? Is MC just an asshole, or is this a language barrier thing?
The scene supposed to play out as a "crude flirting" or in another words "playful flirting" as i had mentioned in the description of the game, the main character is a bit reckless, but it was nothing more than flirting in a way, that's why the main character is "laughing" through the course, though i understand where you coming from still i didn't want to make the main character a super simplified nice guy, or just a simple horrible person as most games would, i'm trying to find the balance.

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
The scene supposed to play out as a "crude flirting" or in another words "playful flirting" as i had mentioned in the description of the game, the main character is a bit reckless, but it was nothing more than flirting in a way, that's why the main character is "laughing" through the course, though i understand where you coming from still i didn't want to make the main character a super simplified nice guy, or just a simple horrible person as most games would, i'm trying to find the balance.
There isn't an English-speaking woman on the planet that would consider being called "dogface" flirting. Not crude flirting. Not playful flirting. Definitely not classy flirting. I don't know if there's a language barrier here, but "dogface" is an insult. You're telling that person they're incredibly ugly. Not even preteens would think that's flirting.

Agastopia

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2018
There isn't an English-speaking woman on the planet that would consider being called "dogface" flirting. Not crude flirting. Not playful flirting. Definitely not classy flirting. I don't know if there's a language barrier here, but "dogface" is an insult. You're telling that person they're incredibly ugly. Not even preteens would think that's flirting.
Nah, you're right, i'll fix those scenes.

Raksha17

Jan 23, 2018
If you want it too be crude flirting you could problably go for her whtie hair for that. Find a "well" know movie/series/comic/videogame character with white hair (or very light blonde), have him call her by that characters name to get her attention.

Examples:
Storm (X-Men)
2B (Nier Automata)
Ciri (The Witcher)
Daenerys Targaryen (Game of Thrones)
Ice Queen (Generic Characters)

And remove the random touching a stranger in traffic. (Wrong place wrong time)
Her flipping him off would still be appropriate.

Template:

MC: Hey, {White Hair Charakter Name}
Girl - Realizes she probably the one addressed
MC: Yeah you!
Girl - ducks into car
MC - Drives closer.
MC: You kinda look like {White Hair Charakter Name} from {Source of Charakter} with your hair.
Girl's Car drives off.
Girl - Flipps him off.
MC - Chuckles about the interaction.

Agastopia

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2018
If you want it too be crude flirting you could problably go for her whtie hair for that. Find a "well" know movie/series/comic/videogame character with white hair (or very light blonde), have him call her by that characters name to get her attention.

Examples:
Storm (X-Men)
2B (Nier Automata)
Ciri (The Witcher)
Daenerys Targaryen (Game of Thrones)
Ice Queen (Generic Characters)

And remove the random touching a stranger in traffic. (Wrong place wrong time)
Her flipping him off would still be appropriate.

Template:

MC: Hey, {White Hair Charakter Name}
Girl - Realizes she probably the one addressed
MC: Yeah you!
Girl - ducks into car
MC - Drives closer.
MC: You kinda look like {White Hair Charakter Name} from {Source of Charakter} with your hair.
Girl's Car drives off.
Girl - Flipps him off.
MC - Chuckles about the interaction.
Hey, thank you for the ideas! i'll definitely try something similar with it! :)

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017
Calling girls names like that that i liked is what i did when i was a kid.. very childish IMO.

Kuniyoshi

May 24, 2017
Agastopia I do agree with the others that "dogface" is way more insulting than it could possibly be flirting, but hey, this is your story & if it's integral to MC's character or it adds something to a later scene then by all means stick to your guns.

One way to keep the theme but not be as insulting is if the MC rolled up and said something a long the lines of "Hey, that's nice, they let you have the window rolled down" - White-hair is visibly confused - "Yeah, it really winds me up to see owners mistreating their pets!" - White hair's car pulls away & she gives the middle finger -
...Still fairly rude to someone you've literally just met but its definitely more jovial & to someone you already know this is the type of thing you'd expect to get a dig on the arm for in a more joking/flirty atmosphere.

Otherwise, you're doing great so far! Who cares if its a short intro for only a week or so's work?! I look forward to seeing your game grow!

Reactions: Agastopia

Agastopia

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2018
Agastopia I do agree with the others that "dogface" is way more insulting than it could possibly be flirting, but hey, this is your story & if it's integral to MC's character or it adds something to a later scene then by all means stick to your guns.

One way to keep the theme but not be as insulting is if the MC rolled up and said something a long the lines of "Hey, that's nice, they let you have the window rolled down" - White-hair is visibly confused - "Yeah, it really winds me up to see owners mistreating their pets!" - White hair's car pulls away & she gives the middle finger -
...Still fairly rude to someone you've literally just met but its definitely more jovial & to someone you already know this is the type of thing you'd expect to get a dig on the arm for in a more joking/flirty atmosphere.

Otherwise, you're doing great so far! Who cares if its a short intro for only a week or so's work?! I look forward to seeing your game grow!
Thank you so much man! Appreciate the feedback! I agree the "dogface" scene was probably way more insulting for what it was meant to be, for the next update it will be way more relaxed compared to the current one :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kuniyoshi

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Funny thing is I almost didn't make it to that scene because I don't see the point of playing a game that opens with the MC sitting on the sidewalk in the rain and thinking about his mistakes, I mean why play a game if the opening scene is like that.

Deleted member 3250193

AlterWorlds Writer
Game Developer
Jan 8, 2021
Funny thing is I almost didn't make it to that scene because I don't see the point of playing a game that opens with the MC sitting on the sidewalk in the rain and thinking about his mistakes, I mean why play a game if the opening scene is like that.
Eh, it's worth sticking with it. I think dev definitely needs an editor or at least someone to look things over and give feedback before releases. I'm hoping to see improvements next release.

Reactions: Agastopia

varkatzas666

Feb 26, 2018
It looks promising, I will be aware of the progress of the project, nice girl and very good renderings

Agastopia

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2018
Hello everyone!

Unfortunately i have some bad news relating to the whole project. My working device has gave up on me during the whole developing of the game, meaning all the game files has been lost.

Over 300+ renders has been done and a bunch of animations for chapter 2.

Sadly i made no backup to anywhere else for chapter 2 except the device i was working on, but even if i did i couldn't continue the project without the files, models, scripts, etc.

But don't worry, as soon as i have the money to get a new working station i'll get back to developing a new games since there's no way i can continue "Here After" due to the reasons above, and after spending a good amount of time developing chapter 2 and out of nowhere this happens, it really had dissapointed me.

I am truly very sorry about this, it really saddens me that this happened in the middle of the project.

Thank you for reading!

I'll see you!

jdw6

Nov 30, 2019
Sadly i made no backup to anywhere else for chapter 2 except the device i was working on, but even if i did i couldn't continue the project without the files, models, scripts, etc.
If it was a drive, this place might have a kit that potentially could allow you to recover the data:

I used one of their recovery kits for an old segate sata drive that had become a "brick" and was able to get, IIRC, almost everything back -- and, at least, 100% of what I had wanted recovered.

Dunno what your "device" used, but thought I'd pass along that link.