VN Ren'Py Abandoned Here After [Ch. 1 v0.1] [Agastopia]

chicken head

Sep 1, 2018
Hello everyone!

Unfortunately i have some bad news relating to the whole project. My working device has gave up on me during the whole developing of the game, meaning all the game files has been lost.

Over 300+ renders has been done and a bunch of animations for chapter 2.

Sadly i made no backup to anywhere else for chapter 2 except the device i was working on, but even if i did i couldn't continue the project without the files, models, scripts, etc.

But don't worry, as soon as i have the money to get a new working station i'll get back to developing a new games since there's no way i can continue "Here After" due to the reasons above, and after spending a good amount of time developing chapter 2 and out of nowhere this happens, it really had dissapointed me.

I am truly very sorry about this, it really saddens me that this happened in the middle of the project.

Thank you for reading!

I'll see you!
Hope you come back with a bang :p

AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
Hello everyone!

Unfortunately i have some bad news relating to the whole project. My working device has gave up on me during the whole developing of the game, meaning all the game files has been lost.

Over 300+ renders has been done and a bunch of animations for chapter 2.

Sadly i made no backup to anywhere else for chapter 2 except the device i was working on, but even if i did i couldn't continue the project without the files, models, scripts, etc.

But don't worry, as soon as i have the money to get a new working station i'll get back to developing a new games since there's no way i can continue "Here After" due to the reasons above, and after spending a good amount of time developing chapter 2 and out of nowhere this happens, it really had dissapointed me.

I am truly very sorry about this, it really saddens me that this happened in the middle of the project.

Thank you for reading!

I'll see you!
I mean u could still continue Here After tho.. Im sure u could spend the same amount of energy u willing to spend on the new game on Here After instead

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
ngl... kinda sus, seems more like a way to ditched this non-patreon friendly project for a patreon friendly one.

Like doesn't help that the very next game came out two months after this ones last update, which is less than a month after the last post on this thread, talking about needing money for a new rig first....

> get money for new rig = time.

> start gathering new assets and making new game = more time.

> less than 3 weeks to do all that... (X) doubt.

Reactions: HansDampf788

Agastopia

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2018
ngl... kinda sus, seems more like a way to ditched this non-patreon friendly project for a patreon friendly one.

Like doesn't help that the very next game came out two months after this ones last update, which is less than a month after the last post on this thread, talking about needing money for a new rig first....

> get money for new rig = time.

> start gathering new assets and making new game = more time.

> less than 3 weeks to do all that... (X) doubt.
I'm sorry but what you just said doesn't make much sense, you can make a game within that time frame if you're dedicated and have time, i would have continue with "Here After" but i can't since everything relating to the game has been lost, without those files it would be hard to if not impossible, i had chapter 2 almost ready to be released with over 300+ renders and animations but things turned bad, it wasn't my intention to abandon the game. Since on Patreon the game had a "clear" version out, Patreon wouldn't have a problem with that, the incest version only existed here, and itch.io, Hope this explains it, and clears all the doubt.

Last edited:

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I'm sorry but what you just said doesn't make much sense, you can make a game within that time frame if you're dedicated and have time, i would have continue with "Here After" but i can't since everything relating to the game has been lost, without those files it would be hard to if not impossible, i had chapter 2 almost ready to be released with over 300+ renders and animations but things turned bad, it wasn't my intention to abandon the game. Since on Patreon the game had a "clear" version out, Patreon wouldn't have a problem with that, the incest version only existed here, and itch.io, Hope this explains it, and clears all the doubt.
hmmm I see, I was just thinking out loud.

Also you should probably have a setup with an external harddrive or something that auto-syncs as a backup, that way you won't lose your work if it happens again.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Agastopia

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
Sad to see it abandoned.. but do understand the reasons.. Glad to see you didn't just quit with no explanation and looking forward to you new project progressing!

• Red Heart

Sindar

Jan 30, 2018
Sorry to hear about your calamity. Unfortunately it's most often the case that nobody cares or thinks about making backups of important files until a sudden disaster strikes with dire consequences. As someone mentioned earlier, if it's only the hard drive that failed, it is possible to save its contents - the success will depend on the severity of the failure though.
I can only hope that the lesson taken away from this "experience" is to safeguard yourself from similar occurrences in the future. The external hard drives are pretty cheap now and getting like 2-4 TBs (or more if the budget allows it) of space for backup is a good investment that might save you from a lot of trouble. There are free tools that automatically can make the backups for you, depending on which platform you use. If you need pointers about those, you can PM me.
In any case, good luck with your future projects!

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Sorry to see this abandoned. As a first attempt by someone beginning to learn the tools, this was a really good start. I like your characters too. Very interesting start to the story.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well .. .this is not abandoned ... it did not even get off the ground.
MC has no romance whatsoever.
MC meets a girl and says to himself (to us really) that she is his friend.
No adult woman would act like a lunatic and not talk to you if she is your friend.
She meets MC and disappears. Was she or was she not his friend?
Romance under this curcumstance is dead actually - no romance to be seen 4 miles in this.
Not to mention MC is a recluse. Nobody cares about him.
Meaning, he just appears in front of some dudes and they talk.
Nothing to suggest the simplest of actual connections.
It is like the house featured in this game is a half way house and everyone is hanging by a thread.
MC being a creep and a terrible person (he behaves horrible towards the babe in the banner)
does not fit any of the tags:
- teasing - nothng like that, MC just peeks on a girl, nobody teases anybody.
- incest - they are but friends, no relation whatsoever and the chills in their talks are damaging.
- big tits - nothing of the sort in this entire game.
- big ass - nothing of the sort in what is here.
So .. there you have it. A short text only draft of one inkling of a plot at that.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
No adult woman would act like a lunatic and not talk to you if she is your friend.
I generally enjoy your contributions on F95, but this particular assertion flies in the face of the behavior of the majority of women of legal age. Now if you meant to say that you wouldn't consider a woman who behaved that way an adult, regardless of her age, I could agree. But "adult" women act like this ALL the time. Then of course when they decide to talk to you, it was either a misunderstanding or your fault.

Reactions: battleguy

Grombrindel

Jul 22, 2021
I generally enjoy your contributions on F95, but this particular assertion flies in the face of the behavior of the majority of women of legal age. Now if you meant to say that you wouldn't consider a woman who behaved that way an adult, regardless of her age, I could agree. But "adult" women act like this ALL the time. Then of course when they decide to talk to you, it was either a misunderstanding or your fault.
im sorry she hurt you bro, i hope you meet people like i have

• Angry
Reactions: battleguy