TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
The point of this game is escaping me? There is zero story. And the gameplay is a crap shoot
litterally

Chronwalk

Mar 18, 2019
The point of this game is escaping me? There is zero story. And the gameplay is a crap shoot
litterally
The point of either HC 1 or HC 2 is to survive... In HC 1, survive for 14 days, beating your enemies (the girls) and to resist their temptations, the more you resist, the less corruption you'll have at the end of the run, the less corrupted you are and more girls you defeated, more points you get for you to spend in upgrades, such as higher strength, lust points, hp, or more starting gold or items...

The point in HC 2, is similar, but different, the idea is that you beat as many "powerful" enemies as fast as possible in the least amount of days, because for each passing day, they become stronger and you get a penalty for how many days you survived (dumb if you ask me, but the dev doesn't really take our feedback), TL;DR: Beat enemies and crash/lose fast...

Reactions: indyc

Chronwalk

Mar 18, 2019
Hey guys,how to unlock Victoria end?I try everything but it seems useless.
Don't know if she's of HC 1 or HC 2 since I only play once the update is uploaded by a kind soul, but some characters don't have a "bad ending", if you want to trigger the "bad end" of the enemies, you just have to lose by corruption points (not resisting temptation), not by 0 HP, if you can't trigger the bad end of A or B enemy, then it isn't implemented on the game...

EvilClone

Mar 1, 2018
Hey guys,how to unlock Victoria end?I try everything but it seems useless.
victoria is the boss in the swamp sometimes, she is usually passive, just attack her once and then she will start attacking you for the bad end, otherwise you can just wait it out, get some addiction then beat her passively.

Amine991

Jul 13, 2019
It's in the game, in the journal or codex or whatever it's called. Click on the enemies tab, and it lists all the women and the actresses who portray them.
Yeah but they are a castle boss so need to clear it first and i cant right now

Dremo

Jul 4, 2017
(sorry to those who expected the actual release).

Seems like major rebalancing concerning traits. Hope this would mean allowing to stack low-value positives while having minimal negatives, but the weight applied to them makes me... sceptical. Anything "good" we've had usually ended up being nerfed and we still haven't got any random encounters with positive yields other than labs who got heavily nerfed. Makes me think that the positives will have humongous weighting to them to force taking an unfair amount of negatives who, if they didn't get adjusted, most likely will still be way too heavy for their own good.

Unironically, if we are allowed to do it, the most likely reliable strategy will be to just not take anything, positive or negative, at all. Being neutral seems the best outcome if the positives are too costy, which most would expect them to be.

Also, the new debuffs just enworsen the single worst balance issue both games had since the beginning; you never want to have long fights and privileging stats that allows you to tank longer in fights has always been pointless and actively hurts you instead of helping you. Now, with encouraging heavier investment into defensive stats, you either:
A - Go the usual route and focus on glasscanon stats, but you get busted as soon as you encounter one of the debuff that actively worsens this strat
B - Spec more into defenses, which allows you to withstand the debuffs more properly, but makes the rest of the game harder because the basic principle of the game that "longer fights = harder and shorter ensuing fights" never ever made sense from a balancing view point.

In both scenarios you are disadventaged even though, in both cases, you are trying to play the game the "expected" way. This is somehow even worse because the alchemist strat, which was pretty much the only way to get reliable defenses without making fights take much longer, has been nerfed so much while nothing else got buffed in compensation. Really wish the game was balanced in a way that it actually has a viable gameplay loop that sees success without relying on just stat-checking everything by usage of points, who you are actively encouraged to cheat in at this point.

Nait Sieve

Mar 5, 2021
ok so isabel has the overwhelm minigame (that's some intense button mashing if you have low hp...), but does anyone know who uses distraction? pretty sure it's neither of the other two new encounters.
emily is great btw. i really like evolving encounters and she seems to settle for the more effective approach against you eventually (based on your traits or addiction levels?).

3.60 star(s) 22 Votes