jamesdavis

May 1, 2020
I know this has already been brought up but it seriously needs to be addressed at this point:
Why does Mars get more black with every update?

With this update making you got back to previous sates to access the new content it's exremely glaring (if it wasn't already) that it's not "actually just the same color".
Seriously Mars went from kinda tan, if not grey in some scenes to the famous "ambiguously brown" to straight up african.

I was glad we finally got a Vi scene but whoever is in the scene isn't Mars.
I don't really get what happened, I'm guessing the dev discovered a fetish along the way and decided to use it more in the game.
There was always a bit of interracial fetish adjacent stuff but it feels like with the whole demon cult plotline the story veered towards that and that alone. Now even scenes which shouldn't be about borderline racist content end up right on that line because of all the subtext of the character just straight up changing color.

I really love this game but all that interracial weirdness is putting off my enjoyment of it.
I've seen the discussion on the forum before. Mars' skin tone changes by the scene. Sometimes he's solid black, sometimes grey looking, sometimes brown, sometimes white. Look in the gallery at the early scenes with Sera and then look at the newer ones. He looked white originally and he's moved to a much greyer color now. In her ending, he looks as dark or darker than her. It's not character specific either. He looked greyish and ash colored in some scenes with Elena and much darker brown in others. Maybe Nitro will give some sort of an explanation in the future, but so far I've only ever seen people here say he claims to still be using the same coloring. The coloring is definitely different, but I don't really know if it's an interracial thing or not. Maybe he's trying to make Mars seem different from everyone else or maybe the other guy's theory about corruption is right. I really doubt we'll ever hear a clear answer on it from Nitrolith unless it really is plot related.

gargamel44

May 11, 2023
Hot take: mods should let conversations be if they're about the game. Like, the fact that the convo is controversial doesn't mean it isn't about the game. It's FULLY about the game. You can delete the messages that kind of drive it to a general topic, but deleting the entire convo feels wrong. This comes close to censoring :/

So no story update ?
I think there might be some dialogue change or addition? But completely superfluous and too small to be noticed. Basically, nothing really new. However the minigames are cool, I recommend to try them out (although the dungeon is buggy as shit)

Aenys_Faelin

May 13, 2018
Hot take: mods should let conversations be if they're about the game. Like, the fact that the convo is controversial doesn't mean it isn't about the game. It's FULLY about the game. You can delete the messages that kind of drive it to a general topic, but deleting the entire convo feels wrong. This comes close to censoring :/

I think there might be some dialogue change or addition? But completely superfluous and too small to be noticed. Basically, nothing really new. However the minigames are cool, I recommend to try them out (although the dungeon is buggy as shit)
I dont even remember what I said, and now I cant see since it was deleted.

4.70 star(s) 309 Votes