RPGM Completed Hero Under Heel [v1.0] [Bo Wei]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

fvlaenix

Nov 30, 2019
Hello, useless fvlanix here!

I tried again to do my translation of the new version of the game

1649196584744.png

The new update isn't as much about feet (I'm a little upset), but it is about other smelly body parts (I'm happy). Without further ado -- link:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

What was done:

1) Translation of the part with the new girl from version 1.6.0. Meet Grace, the newbie knight!
2) Bo still didn't fix the gold scene with the previous girl. I did that in the new version too
3) Fix an embarrassing mistake I made: https://f95zone.to/threads/hero-under-heel-v1-0-bo-wei.91858/post-7855555

Overall, I replayed the whole game again, and I did not notice any big mistakes. If you notice at least one of them, please let me know and I'll fix it.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020

View attachment 1742245

The new update isn't as much about feet (I'm a little upset), but it is about other smelly body parts (I'm happy). Without further ado -- link:

What was done:

1) Translation of the part with the new girl from version 1.6.0. Meet Grace, the newbie knight!
2) Bo still didn't fix the gold scene with the previous girl. I did that in the new version too
3) Fix an embarrassing mistake I made: https://f95zone.to/threads/hero-under-heel-v1-0-bo-wei.91858/post-7855555

Overall, I replayed the whole game again, and I did not notice any big mistakes. If you notice at least one of them, please let me know and I'll fix it.

Thank you again for providing these translations for our community to enjoy.

akuuuu4

Aug 5, 2018
False. As far as I know anyway, he edited a mtl (Then he added a bit more content so he's crazy at this indeed, and he's better than I at writing foot fetish smut so it sounds a lot better than mtls). Worse however is that I'm almost certain (comparing mtl from Japanese to his edited MTL) he used a mtl that translated the text from Japanese (Kanji~) instead of traditional Chinese. The meaning's very similar though so it doesn't really matter.
Well it matters.
English and French look alike sometimes, but the English word mercy means pitié in French, and the French word mérci means thanks in English. Tag in German means day in English. You can find a lot of examples. Such as "本当" means "really" or "truely" in Japanese, while it means "should be" in Chinese.
Therefore we get to know that, when Koda is using Japanese to English mtl, the meaning will always deviate from the original ones. Perhaps that is why Koda's spending much time on it.
The most direct feeling we may find, is that Koda has spent 3 years delaying F7.

Carmine23

Dec 21, 2020

View attachment 1742245

What was done:

MizuhoSeta

Nov 26, 2018
I suspect that the current latest version of the game has already been posted here and translated by me. Look for it above.
https://f95zone.to/threads/hero-under-heel-v1-0-bo-wei.91858/post-7670067

I remind that this is not an official translation, and that it may not be entirely accurate. If you notice any mistake/inaccuracy, please write to me and I will correct it

This game has already received many updates since the first update, many scenes have been added, 5 new girls. Just look for the link you need in the thread, it's not that big

My bad. I guess I missed it somewhere. I'll try to see what's wrong today and make a fix. Thank you for finding the mistake. That message says to look around the woods and look for the thief there. Because of some new features in the new version I had to translate very carefully and I might have made a mistake in the translation
oh are you the translator? thanks for translating this one
the pop-up text and signs are the only problem other than that it's good, keep up the translations for the future updates!

EchoofZen

Sep 14, 2018
Many thanks for the translation.

BTW, anyone got an event outline for Grace (student brat)? Is it just her normal progression until she tells you to 'get lost punk'+2 bootsniffs at night+ panties+ sock masturbation? Any other events I missed maybe?

Jul 8, 2020
Well it matters.
English and French look alike sometimes, but the English word mercy means pitié in French, and the French word mérci means thanks in English. Tag in German means day in English. You can find a lot of examples. Such as "本当" means "really" or "truely" in Japanese, while it means "should be" in Chinese.
Therefore we get to know that, when Koda is using Japanese to English mtl, the meaning will always deviate from the original ones. Perhaps that is why Koda's spending much time on it.
The most direct feeling we may find, is that Koda has spent 3 years delaying F7.
Well, you're not wrong! But regardless, Koda hasn't been working on this for a while and probably wont for a long time yet. He has way too much work backed up and if he worked on this everyone in the community would flip.

fvlaenix

Nov 30, 2019
Many thanks for the translation.

BTW, anyone got an event outline for Grace (student brat)? Is it just her normal progression until she tells you to 'get lost punk'+2 bootsniffs at night+ panties+ sock masturbation? Any other events I missed maybe?
If you got all the scenes that are in the Graphics folder, yes. As far as I noticed, none are repeated twice

I'm getting The Boxes for my skill descriptions and save files, do you have any recommendations?
This is a translation problem.
I can tell you a little bit about why this happens.
There is a program Translator++ which I use for translation. It has a very handy "pull all the text out of the game" feature. It takes all the events and pulls the text out of them into a handy table, and I don't have to run all over the game editor looking for where and what I didn't translate. Of course, sometimes it grabs extra, and often doesn't take what needs to be taken. This includes events on the map, and their names. It is because of this that they are not translated. It takes time to find these things, and you can't quickly transfer your efforts from version to version (Translator++ knows how to do this).

Also Bo sometimes uses function names in calls in code, which means they will break if I translate them (looking to see if it calls a function in code is not an obvious task)

I think someday I'll take some stable version and translate it absolutely completely. Maybe it will be 1.6.0 if I have time. Most of the remaining squares do not affect the progress of the game and they are not very necessary (the names of skills, progress in the preserves, for example)

*There should be a huge post about why the RPGVX engine is a huge pile of shit, but I held back*

Edit: If you want me to translate the full current version, write me. I just don't know how much demand there is for the fully translated version

Last edited:
Reactions: EchoofZen

Koda-

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2018
Well it matters.
I use the MTL(s?) as the base for my translation, and only check the CN if a section is completely incomprehensible. Most MTL errors are easy to mentally fix once you know the blindspots. That said, I'm more focused on idiomatic fappable English scenes than perfect translation accuracy. If people think that makes my version more of a "rewrite", that's fine, although I did try to retain the tone of the game (namely Bo's old-school in-your-face kink dialogue/descriptions).

As fvlaenix notes, VX Ace is a huge mess in various ways so translation and version management isn't easy, especially when anything is actually changed (eg. the Alenia bad end I added) rather than just swapping text box contents.

Cheers to you (and NNNovember) for making the MTLs as it cuts a huge amount of tedium from my own efforts.

Rosvos86

Feb 19, 2019
I use the MTL(s?) as the base for my translation, and only check the CN if a section is completely incomprehensible. Most MTL errors are easy to mentally fix once you know the blindspots. That said, I'm more focused on idiomatic fappable English scenes than perfect translation accuracy. If people think that makes my version more of a "rewrite", that's fine, although I did try to retain the tone of the game (namely Bo's old-school in-your-face kink dialogue/descriptions).

As fvlaenix notes, VX Ace is a huge mess in various ways so translation and version management isn't easy, especially when anything is actually changed (eg. the Alenia bad end I added) rather than just swapping text box contents.

Cheers to you (and NNNovember) for making the MTLs as it cuts a huge amount of tedium from my own efforts.
Efforts? If you'd taken a small fraction of the effort NNNovember and fvlaenix did take making these MTLs you would have finished F7 and Level:0 a long time ago. Fortunately they are making these MTLs themselves otherwise you would have had the excuse to delay F7 further just to focus on making MTLs for this game instead.

evanm

Nov 11, 2019
Hello, someone can please explain me how to finish the lost and found mission?

fvlaenix

Nov 30, 2019
Efforts? If you'd taken a small fraction of the effort NNNovember and fvlaenix did take making these MTLs you would have finished F7 and Level:0 a long time ago. Fortunately they are making these MTLs themselves otherwise you would have had the excuse to delay F7 further just to focus on making MTLs for this game instead.
*This is not written to defend anyone, just as an observation*

My translation is more of a mixture of machine translation and hand translation (I just rewrite the dialogues, understanding them as translated by the translator), it really doesn't take as long to translate as it does to draw new characters, for example. Just for example, I tried to make a pathetic modification in one month (as it happened with this game) and was not able to meet the deadline at all (for me it was more like a challenge, someone suggested I make my fan mods public). Even with my programming experience RPG VX has a non-obvious structure to follow, let alone testing... But this is rather an observation, I don't want to make an argument here for 1400 pages, as it happens in one well-known thread.

Hello, someone can please explain me how to finish the lost and found mission?
This mission has quite a history

This mission used to be called "lost puppy" and belonged to Alenia, which was the black flag of her root. Then that root was cut out, and now it belongs to Brianna and under a different name.

But it's so easy to miss that I'm pretty sure 95% of people miss it. Once you've met Brianna, and she showed you the magic of her boots in the guard room, then it's time for you to walk up to the desk and look at this quest. It will tell you to go to the corner of the village. That is where the thief is, offering her task. However, even if you do not take the task at the counter, the thief will also be there, so it is very easy to complete this task without even noticing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: made9

akuuuu4

Aug 5, 2018

I think that's what exactly I want to say. Your work is more of "rewriting" and thus it takes more time. Perhaps translating directly from Chinese instead of Japanese (if the statement you're using MTL Jap-Eng is correct) can save you some time. Yanno, you're famous(notorious?) for delaying, and I think you have been spending long time refining the texts. Well that's of your style and your will. However, I'm not sure if everyone wants better texts or just normal texts they can understand easily but quicker updates. See Donald Trump is so popular with simple words.

akuuuu4

Aug 5, 2018
Well, you're not wrong! But regardless, Koda hasn't been working on this for a while and probably wont for a long time yet. He has way too much work backed up and if he worked on this everyone in the community would flip.
Yeah. Also, no matter which project he's on, I think he spends a lot of time on texts.

fvlaenix

Nov 30, 2019

This time I tried even more to translate version 1.6.0 into English. Now it has absolutely everything translated, except the names of the events (more than 200 of them, I think). I also put a couple of new things in there.

So what has changed for normal players?

-- Now you won't have squares anywhere (I hope). That is, not even on the signs on the doors. They're now signed (for example, you'll know right away where Fiona's room is, it'll be signed). Also, they sometimes got caught in battles, corrected this as well.
-- Added Aleina's root, which disappeared in earlier versions. Her ending is now available to you. To activate it, you must be humiliated over the board, sniff her boots three times, complete the treasure and herb quests, and break into her room in the afternoon. Perhaps one night, while browsing through the quests, you might come across a very strange quest...

In a way, for some reason this translation is important, so please, if you notice a mistake, if you notice that something is missing in your opinion (for example, that I didn't add something from Aleina's root), or if you want something to be, write to me. I would like to give you high-quality content, but unfortunately I have some problems with English, and maybe I sometimes forget to test something.

DarkLeechLich

Apr 26, 2021

This time I tried even more to translate version 1.6.0 into English. Now it has absolutely everything translated, except the names of the events (more than 200 of them, I think). I also put a couple of new things in there.

So what has changed for normal players?

-- Now you won't have squares anywhere (I hope). That is, not even on the signs on the doors. They're now signed (for example, you'll know right away where Fiona's room is, it'll be signed). Also, they sometimes got caught in battles, corrected this as well.
-- Added Aleina's root, which disappeared in earlier versions. Her ending is now available to you. To activate it, you must be humiliated over the board, sniff her boots three times, complete the treasure and herb quests, and break into her room in the afternoon. Perhaps one night, while browsing through the quests, you might come across a very strange quest...

In a way, for some reason this translation is important, so please, if you notice a mistake, if you notice that something is missing in your opinion (for example, that I didn't add something from Aleina's root), or if you want something to be, write to me. I would like to give you high-quality content, but unfortunately I have some problems with English, and maybe I sometimes forget to test something.
Are the Two guards in the Inn events, or do they just not do shit yet so translating them isn't worthwhile?

Reactions: fvlaenix

Ganso777

Jul 11, 2019
Can anyone send me Graphics/Battlers/Elaine/Sock1/Purple1 ? Or post a link with the full Graphics/Battlers/Elaine folder? Thx

fvlaenix

Nov 30, 2019
Are the Two guards in the Inn events, or do they just not do shit yet so translating them isn't worthwhile?
It's true, I forgot about them, they were standing too far out of my sight). Fixed it.

I also fixed the sign at the guards' room entrance. Sometimes it was not translated.

As soon as enough time passes, or a few more bugs are found, I'll post a new version here. I don't want to litter here with my flaws too often

Thank you so much for finding the bug!

Can anyone send me Graphics/Battlers/Elaine/Sock1/Purple1 ? Or post a link with the full Graphics/Battlers/Elaine folder? Thx
Can I assume that you are trying to run the game on android?

P.S. As I was writing this post, an idea occurred to me. Can you use this version of the game if you are actually trying to run it with joyplay? If it doesn't break in the same place, please let me know. Looks like I found a solution to the problem of running Koda&Bo games on joyplay (same problem on tower of trample and others)

Edit: Or if you had problems with joyplay, can you try the new version? I spent over 60 hours to fix the cause of this, but maybe I should have cleaned up the consequences first so I could play

Last edited:
Reactions: made9
2.70 star(s) 3 Votes