• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.20 star(s) 15 Votes

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
New MEGA link :
Mods, feel free to update the OP with this, it'll be there for as long as MEGA will allow it.

Estella69

Dec 24, 2017
Does any one know how to make custom moves?And can you provide any tutorial video?I know that animations are coming from blender but I am an amateur to understand all the buttons and complicated interface.

Luin

Jul 4, 2018
Does any one know how to make custom moves?And can you provide any tutorial video?I know that animations are coming from blender but I am an amateur to understand all the buttons and complicated interface.
Scroll down to the "Tutorials" section, and the first link will take you to a video example of how you make a custom move. The tricky part here is exporting it to .json in a correct format for the game to recognise it properly. The last link in that section provides information about all that stuff: exporting, manipulation of IK data, adding weapons and modding dungeons.

The one thing I'm personally feeling sad about, however, is that I can't find any way to import .json files in Blender. In other words, no editing for exported and pre-existing stuff.

Reactions: Estella69

Where banana?

Aug 31, 2020
pretty fun game, but meant for use with a mouse anyone know if it can coonect with a controller? I tried plugging one in but didnt work so am wondering if there's something else I need to do.

enlit3d

Jul 9, 2017
The one thing I'm personally feeling sad about, however, is that I can't find any way to import .json files in Blender. In other words, no editing for exported and pre-existing stuff.
HRT uses a json format implemented by Three.JS (now deprecated). Three.JS only implemented the exporter and not an importer. I implemented my own importer that can read the Three.JS format (but otherwise HRT does not use Three.JS at all).

In the new engine/game, the game ditches the Three.JS format and uses .gltf / .glb instead. Blender 2.8+ provides the importer/exporter out of the box. So you can edit pre-existing stuff there. Although, from testing it out, importing causes the bones to get pretty messed up.

Reactions: Eicosa

Luin

Jul 4, 2018
Thanks for clarification. Even if there are issues, the fact it's possible already makes it a huge improvement over HRT's system.

Also, I'd like to express my gratitude for making HRT in the first place. I don't remember any other game, that could capture my interest for so long. Half of the appeal, I think, is the customisability and modability. I could always find something new to swap around, edit or something to tinker with. So, thanks again and good luck with your current project!

enlit3d

Jul 9, 2017
I got alot of positive feedback on the modding system and that's one area I improved upon with the new engine/game. Even if you do not like tactics genre, those changes will carry forward to a potential HRT2.

For example, the modding system is working already, and you can find most of stuff (basically everything except the most recent WIP stuff like cards) in the /data/ folder instead of having a portion of it embeded in compiled.js. It has a much better error reporting system due to stricter requirements on what's permissible - every json format have a strict 1 to 1 mapping to a C struct. And quality of life things such as .inherits property that allows smarter reusing of existing assets.

On the customization side, I took some inspiration from those almost purely girl customization games like CM2D and various illusion games, to provide a much more user friendly UI:

unknown.png

thinkuse1911

Sep 1, 2019
So there is no solution to solve bodyMeshNAnim.json stuck issue?
(v0.631 is stable version but lately mods need v0.641 to run, and i need solution without downgrade and endless restart game)

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
a potential HRT2.
I'll be quoting you on that ;) soon, I hope!

In all honesty, CaTC has me way less convinced than HR (as simple and fun) or HRT (running solo, and/or with the mods to make it challenging).
Usually devs walk away from Turn-based to go Real-time, not the other way around; all the more when you were using a good idea working with reflexes and surprise factors to make both the combat and H appealing.

edit: tested CATC_demo_v5.01. It shows good progress, and I'm glad goblins/medieval fantasy are back. The combat, however, is still very long, repetitive, in short - lackluster compared to the previous projects. Still defeated Lucia on the first try, somehow :p which was a looong fight, and not exciting when it's all pure RNG, like when you find yourself with 4 characters wanking off...

Last edited:

M3NT0R98

Sep 4, 2020
Hi, pls how can you turn Marcus into a Girl.

I heard its possible to add Plant girl, Bee girl and Elf to your party (Group) ....pls how can i go about that.

M3NT0R98

Sep 4, 2020

I heard its possible to add Plant girl, Bee girl and Elf to your party (Group) ....pls how can i go about that.

Aug 29, 2019

Yeah, Here the link to the mods (Overview)

Here is the one that turn Marcus into Charlotte.

And in this one have "Wooded Clearing", where you may complete missions to get a goblin, bee girl and plant girl as companions.

There is plenty of mods but try to keep the extra items below 1000, after that you may find some trouble with them or not even load the game at all.

The one with pokemons have a lot of "poke-companions" that you may hire and the one with the "Aunt Ara", comes with three high level futa companions and some good extra weapons.

And the "Easter promise" comes with new cat girls that includes the cat/wolf head, (A head that comes with the ears already equipped).
You can equipped but if you try to unequipped it will crash her eyes, is some kind of graphic bug, but the rest works really well.

Enjoy the modding.

enlit3d

Jul 9, 2017
I'll be quoting you on that ;) soon, I hope!

In all honesty, CaTC has me way less convinced than HR (as simple and fun) or HRT (running solo, and/or with the mods to make it challenging).
Usually devs walk away from Turn-based to go Real-time, not the other way around; all the more when you were using a good idea working with reflexes and surprise factors to make both the combat and H appealing.

edit: tested CATC_demo_v5.01. It shows good progress, and I'm glad goblins/medieval fantasy are back. The combat, however, is still very long, repetitive, in short - lackluster compared to the previous projects. Still defeated Lucia on the first try, somehow :p which was a looong fight, and not exciting when it's all pure RNG, like when you find yourself with 4 characters wanking off...
I like playing tactics game, like XCOM and friends. And I'm following my own advice - make something you personally enjoy.

I agree that the combat system was lacking, particularly the lack of player agency due to dice rolling on almost everything. So I basically removed almost all source of RNG in game + much more deterministic AI actions to make player decisions more impactful and hopefully give the game a puzzle-lite kind of feel.

Nevertheless, I'm perfectly aware that is not everyone's kind of game, and that's fine. But I am going to stick to my guns and steer CATC to it's completion. Especially after what happened with HRT that I'm quite unhappy with.

I went over this before, but at it's core, the new engine is a real-time one, not a turn-based one, which means it actually doesn't take too much additional effort to extend/convert it into an action game. Which I might start doing next year, as a side project, but CATC will be the main focus until it's done.

ZombieBoss

Jun 3, 2018
Le game won't start, it is stuck on a white screen when I launch it, do I need some program or am I missing something?

4.20 star(s) 15 Votes