b10wnaway

Jan 5, 2018
Dear god the grappler perk feels like such a trap, I knew the -10000% stagger resistance was going to make things a bit more difficult, but damn nowhere near 'The gentlest breeze is going to keep you stunlocked until the end of the match' difficult.
It's very glass cannon. You can win VERY quickly with it if you can avoid attacks, but it's a bad time if they reach you.

BeholdTheWizzard

Oct 25, 2017
Game is looking great. But there's one thing that bothers me - teh faces. Animations and expressions are great, but the faces are flat. they look great when looked from the front, but change angles a bit and the flatness becomes obvious

gasblaster

Sep 4, 2018
As much as I appreciate the new ultimate move being added I think its highly unfair that it quite literally one shots at full health. I've had a few matches where enemies pretty much wake up ultimate or run at me to then immediately use their ultimate that killed me even when the fight was clearly in my favor.

Jackapp

May 31, 2017
As much as I appreciate the new ultimate move being added I think its highly unfair that it quite literally one shots at full health. I've had a few matches where enemies pretty much wake up ultimate or run at me to then immediately use their ultimate that killed me even when the fight was clearly in my favor.
It's a bug that's already been fixed in a hotfix, just gotta wait for someone to post it

Nov 5, 2018
Is there a way to share and download community-created characters?
Usually it would be going to the dresser and hitting export. That creates an image that has all the character looks and can be imported back into the game.
But it has two problems:
-when sharing, depending on where it is stored it may lose the extra data (saving the files directly from the discord causes an error and it requires you to hit the "open file in browser" before saving them).
-if the character has gear from a mod it will also require the mod.

ValeofLight

Aug 27, 2020
Dear god the grappler perk feels like such a trap, I knew the -10000% stagger resistance was going to make things a bit more difficult, but damn nowhere near 'The gentlest breeze is going to keep you stunlocked until the end of the match' difficult.
The problem with the perk is that the current game heavily rewards a "striker" playstyle with durable characters. Stagger resistance is king.

Going with a grappler focus makes you suffer defensively and offensively because:

1) This game's AI is really good at dodging grabs, allowing them to punish you most of the time -- even from wakeup. Striking is risky, because so much as one jab landed on you means you'll always lose a melee exchange.

2) Lack of defensive options to compensate for the stagger resistance tax.

Blocking/parrying relies on good stagger resistance. Otherwise, you'll inevitably get guard-broken since those fast strikes add up faster than you can recover. The only alternative is playing hit-and-run with sprint and hoping the AI's dash attack (which comes out super fast with relatively good tracking) doesn't clip you. It's not as effective against opponents with high stagger resistance, though.

It's devastating when you get the grapple off, but creating those conditions is such a massive pain that grappler focus gets outshined by the others.

Edit: Tidying up some points made.

Last edited:

nowork7532

Mar 18, 2021
I don`t know how to modding this game. Is there any guide post about that? I just want to interchange some face animations with exsisting ones.

3.70 star(s) 12 Votes