JimmyJohnSubs

Jan 8, 2019
Lazy? Is that projection? Where is the update? You demanded facts, sure, let's cut it to pure facts. Lots of money goes into the patreon, nothing comes out. Here, I'll help you figure out what you asked for in this conversation:

Brotha can't take a hint to save his life :KEK:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Lazy? Is that projection? Where is the update? You demanded facts, sure, let's cut it to pure facts. Lots of money goes into the patreon, nothing comes out. Here, I'll help you figure out what you asked for in this conversation:

(a) "nothing comes out" is objectively wrong. If you only accept updates that's on you. There have been previews and similar.

(b) again just the reminder that Patreon is made precisely so that artists do not have to have anything come out at any given moment. Everybody who is unhappy with the progress is always free to leave but unless something was explicitely promised, there is no obligation.

Komisari

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2019

Hello "Nothing comes out" means that Nothing is being done, so, in fact, it's false.
Now we enter the dilemma if you believe me or not, that's not facts, that's your opinion. So, you should stop talking about facts and just give your opinion without trying to believe you're the one that has the last word here.

You don't believe the game is being worked on? Shuush, leave, or you don't have something more interesting to do, for example, reading the dictionary?

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018

Not only are you lazy, you are dense. Here's a link to a post I made on Friday (here). There's your information that you are too lazy to look for. Didn't take me long to put that post together because I *am* interested in this game, am willing to wait and I follow the forum. When there are times I don't have the time to check it out, I catch up on everything when I do have the time. It's just bad manners to hop into a forum thread and start throwing a hissy fit without first taking a look around. Then you have the tenacity to act indignant when people answer you tersely because you are just repeating things others have said over and over.

When a person makes a donation on Patreon, it is just that. A donation. You are *not* paying for a product or service. You are donating to a programmer, artist or other reasons to show your appreciation to that person and show your wish to support them. Again, you are *buying* nothing nor is the person receiving the donations required to give anything in return nor are they required to follow a time schedule. If you personally donated, that was your choice. If you don't understand the system, that's on you. If you did, in fact, donate and that's why you have a bug up your butt, treat it as a life lesson. Don't spend money you can't afford to lose. That's a good lesson for all aspects of life. However, if you did not donate and are just riding the coat tails of those who actually did and are acting indignant on their behalf, oh well. Suck it up buttercup. Life doesn't always go the way you want it to.

Neko-Chan Pacifica

Jul 6, 2021
have you put everyone paying you a sub in patreon on hold until you bother to get your next update out? i would expect given the ridiculous amount of time you have had to *work on this next update*, you have ethically / morally suspended all future patreon payments until you have delivered the next update..it is the right thing to do, it has been the right thing to do for some time, more than a year, and i mean the only interest you show in your patrons, is the $$$ milk cow, not the person subbing you, you have proven that time and again.

Musicfruit

Oct 8, 2017
Next update when?

I miss this game. I'm having a bit of an itch for Kotaku games atm and while I had some fun with a few games, other just made me sad thanks to their bad (or for me just annoying) writing. I'm waiting longingly for the update and can't wait to start anew, to experience the new Chapter to it's fullest (I simply forgot a lot.).

I don't want to sound nagging, I just had the need to say it, after I just played a game with a very badly written MC.

patriarchy1

Feb 24, 2020
Not only are you lazy, you are dense. Here's a link to a post I made on Friday (here). There's your information that you are too lazy to look for. Didn't take me long to put that post together because I *am* interested in this game, am willing to wait and I follow the forum. When there are times I don't have the time to check it out, I catch up on everything when I do have the time. It's just bad manners to hop into a forum thread and start throwing a hissy fit without first taking a look around. Then you have the tenacity to act indignant when people answer you tersely because you are just repeating things others have said over and over.

When a person makes a donation on Patreon, it is just that. A donation. You are *not* paying for a product or service. You are donating to a programmer, artist or other reasons to show your appreciation to that person and show your wish to support them. Again, you are *buying* nothing nor is the person receiving the donations required to give anything in return nor are they required to follow a time schedule. If you personally donated, that was your choice. If you don't understand the system, that's on you. If you did, in fact, donate and that's why you have a bug up your butt, treat it as a life lesson. Don't spend money you can't afford to lose. That's a good lesson for all aspects of life. However, if you did not donate and are just riding the coat tails of those who actually did and are acting indignant on their behalf, oh well. Suck it up buttercup. Life doesn't always go the way you want it to.
1656060918486.png
Wow, how could anyone have any expectation that content will be produced in exchange for their money? Oh my goodness, didn't you all know people are donating to him for his pretty eyes? Also, about your cope or whatever you wrote the other day, frankly, I don't care.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
View attachment 1887756
Wow, how could anyone have any expectation that content will be produced in exchange for their money? Oh my goodness, didn't you all know people are donating to him for his pretty eyes? Also, about your cope or whatever you wrote the other day, frankly, I don't care.
(a) content is being developed. That you are not happy with the released content and think about update-to-the-whole-game frequency is on your side

(b) again: Patreon is explicitely not about "content in exchange for money". Donating to somebody for their pretty eyes however would indeed be well within their mission statement. If you don't read the overall conditions, then that's on you, too.

Nalsuloth

Feb 23, 2020
Man watching everybody engage with someone who's nickname is bloody "patriarchy1" is hilarious. Particularly given the context of everything that has been said by and to that person. xD

That being said, its been a while. I remember bumping into this game... "ages" ago. Back when I first started using F95. And now, having tons of games on this site under my belt. I can confidently say this is one of the higher quality ones. Especially considering it uses Koikatsu for its graphics. Like seriously, most games that use Honey Select or Koikatsu are not that good, both in their use of said games for their visuals or as standalone "products". But this game actually manages to be fun and engaging. It has its problems, like some parts of the story not making any sense, particularly because of some, modifications for the sake of certain Terms of Service.

All in all though, the game is awesome, and I cant wait to get my hands on an Update. Whenever that may be..
To any potential Patreon backers reading this. Thanks for dumping your money on it so that my broke ass doesnt have to!
o7

Last edited:

unspecialkay

Dec 21, 2019
This tread really when down the drain...

Half are crying how the developer is scamming people out of their money and the other half so piously defending a stranger they have no idea who he might be that if he offered the some spiked Kool-aid on a hidden rain-forest settlement they would without a doubt drink it to the bitter end.

Pathetic display...

Reactions: Charl9

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
This tread really when down the drain...

Half are crying how the developer is scamming people out of their money and the other half so piously defending a stranger they have no idea who he might be that if he offered the some spiked Kool-aid on a hidden rain-forest settlement they would without a doubt drink it to the bitter end.

Pathetic display...
You are correct and he might be bullshitting us - however, it bears pointing out that nobody here is owed anything by Komisari (or other devs in other threads).

patriarchy1

Feb 24, 2020
(a) content is being developed. That you are not happy with the released content and think about update-to-the-whole-game frequency is on your side

(b) again: Patreon is explicitely not about "content in exchange for money". Donating to somebody for their pretty eyes however would indeed be well within their mission statement. If you don't read the overall conditions, then that's on you, too.
Genuine question, do you know what an implication is? I didn't know people argued this in good faith.

Kantanshi

Dec 28, 2018
and the other half so piously defending a stranger they have no idea who he might be that if he offered the some spiked Kool-aid on a hidden rain-forest settlement they would without a doubt drink it to the bitter end.
If you are referring to my posts, I am not defending Komisari per se however I am trying to point out that people are being idiots with some of the posts they make. Their complaints have been answered previously but they cant be bothered to scroll back in the thread a little to find out. If I know information I will state it. If someone says something that I know to be false I will try to correct them. Sure, Komisari could just dump the whole project and that would be a shame. However, having played the prologue and seen the effort he has put forth, seen the posts he has made, I can not imagine him not trying his best to continue his work. From my understanding, he jumped into this project from ground zero. He is learning everything he needs to make the game as it is required. How many VNs out there do you know of are trying to incorporate procedural dungeons? Interactive mini games and such? I am hoping that the next chapter of this comes out, but I will not go on a killing spree if it does not.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Genuine question, do you know what an implication is? I didn't know people argued this in good faith.
I do know what it is. However (I think you are referring to implied "owing" of the creator) here it is explicitely ruled out and intentionally so. Patreon is not buying a product and does not want to be. Patreon is explicitely about supporting somebody so they can do what they want to do. And when something is explained explicitely, you don't have to look for implications anymore.

patriarchy1

Feb 24, 2020
I do know what it is. However (I think you are referring to implied "owing" of the creator) here it is explicitely ruled out and intentionally so. Patreon is not buying a product and does not want to be. Patreon is explicitely about supporting somebody so they can do what they want to do. And when something is explained explicitely, you don't have to look for implications anymore.
And what if they lie about what they are doing?

4.40 star(s) 207 Votes